• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

September visa bulletin.

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
#1
08-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Senior Member
Joined in May 2006
6,572 posts
Ianus's Avatar
Ianus
0 AP
Looks like the State dept. has released the latest visa bulletin.
__________________
We shall win our Dream!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Ianus
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Ianus
Find all posts by Ianus
#2
08-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Member
Joined in Jul 2009
94 posts
Wondering1983's Avatar
Wondering1983
40 AP
I'm really hoping it'll keep going at that rate come October but that's just being unrealistic. It's nice to see some advancement (f2a, wow).
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Wondering1983
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Wondering1983
Find all posts by Wondering1983
#3
08-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Senior Member
From California (lived in FL for 16 years)
Joined in Jan 2010
631 posts
hef107's Avatar
hef107
0 AP
Maybe because a lot of people in the country can't adjust if they filed after 2001 that there's so many visas available.
__________________
Never lose sight of your dreams.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
hef107
View Public Profile
Send a private message to hef107
Find all posts by hef107
#4
08-13-2010, 12:46 AM
Senior Member
From California (lived in FL for 16 years)
Joined in Jan 2010
631 posts
hef107's Avatar
hef107
0 AP
I have a question... I wasn't able to file until 2003 b/c my sister turned 21 that year..

IF my parents would've filed for me through her in 2001 (even though she still couldn't petition us) would my case have been denied, yet I still would've been grandfathered in?? And reapplied when she was 21?? .... Just curious if I should be a little upset my parents didn't realize immigration laws were changing.
__________________
Never lose sight of your dreams.
Last edited by hef107; 08-13-2010 at 01:38 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
hef107
View Public Profile
Send a private message to hef107
Find all posts by hef107
#5
08-13-2010, 04:10 AM
Senior Member
Joined in May 2006
6,572 posts
Ianus's Avatar
Ianus
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondering1983 View Post
I'm really hoping it'll keep going at that rate come October but that's just being unrealistic. It's nice to see some advancement (f2a, wow).
Yeah,I thought my eyes were playing tricks when I saw that as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hef107 View Post
I have a question... I wasn't able to file until 2003 b/c my sister turned 21 that year..

IF my parents would've filed for me through her in 2001 (even though she still could petition us) would my case have been denied, yet I still would've been grandfathered in?? And reapplied when she was 21?? .... Just curious if I should be a little upset my parents didn't realize immigration laws were changing.
I don't follow on the first part of your question,"IF my parents would've filed for me through her in 2001".If your parents were legal permanent residents or citizens at the time prior to April,2001 you would've been grandfathered but if you mean if your sister could have filed for her parents with you as a derivative of said application that would've been impossible.Afaik,the age for a person to apply for their parents has been the required age of 21 for sometime now.
__________________
We shall win our Dream!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Ianus
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Ianus
Find all posts by Ianus
#6
08-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Senior Member
From California (lived in FL for 16 years)
Joined in Jan 2010
631 posts
hef107's Avatar
hef107
0 AP
I meant.. My mom was the one who actually filled out the paperwork for me and my sisters petition.

...Would it have been possible to file in 2001 just to beat the deadline, even though I really couldn't file & get approved until she was 21 in 2003.
__________________
Never lose sight of your dreams.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
hef107
View Public Profile
Send a private message to hef107
Find all posts by hef107
#7
08-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Senior Member
From FL
Joined in Sep 2008
425 posts
RenzoM
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hef107 View Post
I meant.. My mom was the one who actually filled out the paperwork for me and my sisters petition.

...Would it have been possible to file in 2001 just to beat the deadline, even though I really couldn't file & get approved until she was 21 in 2003.
I'm no immigration expert but I don't think you would of have been mi amor
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
RenzoM
View Public Profile
Send a private message to RenzoM
Find all posts by RenzoM
#8
08-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Senior Member
Joined in May 2006
6,572 posts
Ianus's Avatar
Ianus
0 AP
You mean just to gain 245i grandfathering ?Probably not.I believe one of the exceptions in 245i eligibility is that the case must have been approvable when filed at the time.
Quote:
In addition, the qualifying immigrant visa petition or the qualifying application for labor certification must have been “properly filed” (signed and submitted with the correct fees) and “approvable” (meritorious based on the facts and “non-frivolous”) when filed.
__________________
We shall win our Dream!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Ianus
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Ianus
Find all posts by Ianus


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.