• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

USCIS Background checks

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
#1
09-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Senior Member
From Columbia, SC
Joined in Jul 2007
390 posts
mdhfinsc's Avatar
mdhfinsc
0 AP
Guys does any of you know how they do background checks?

is it solely using fingerprints, name and date of birth?

What methods they use to search, is it under your state criminal database?

Just wondering. Cause I had a No DL ticket and no Insurance back in 2003.
I know that's not a serious crime but I think that will come up on the search.


Although Let me mention, that I was arrested for that. And taken fingerprints and all that. but I was released hours later with a fine. you know how they take u to jail for that
__________________
Service Center : Nebraska
Biometrics done: Sept 13, 2012
Application Approved: Oct 29, 2012
My SSN Recvd: Nov 10th, 2012
My DL Recvd: ?
Last edited by mdhfinsc; 09-22-2012 at 02:12 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
mdhfinsc
View Public Profile
Send a private message to mdhfinsc
Find all posts by mdhfinsc
#2
09-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Apr 2009
3,098 posts
fl_dreamer
0 AP
Did you include that in your app? If so, you're okay. They did say that minor traffic offenses would not count.
__________________
Expires: 10/2021. Renewal for extension post 2021 sent.
Update your signature: Click on username, control panel, user settings,edit signature
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
fl_dreamer
View Public Profile
Send a private message to fl_dreamer
Find all posts by fl_dreamer
#3
09-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
569 posts
Lulu_derek1
0 AP
Minor traffic do not count! WE WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO INCLUDE THEM IN THE APPLICATION PACKET! Am I wrong! I did not read that anywhere in instructions
__________________
California service center Application sent: 09/07/2012Arrival date:Acceptance letter: 09/15/2012
Biometrics completed: 10/12/2012 Riverside
APPROVED:11/06/2012 Applied for SSN:11/13/2012
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Lulu_derek1
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Lulu_derek1
Find all posts by Lulu_derek1
#4
09-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Senior Member
From Columbia, SC
Joined in Jul 2007
390 posts
mdhfinsc's Avatar
mdhfinsc
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_dreamer View Post
Did you include that in your app? If so, you're okay. They did say that minor traffic offenses would not count.
No. I checked the box as "no" criminal offenses. BEcause that's not considered criminal offense.

That's just a traffic violation.

The application ask for any type of criminal offense, not traffic violations.
__________________
Service Center : Nebraska
Biometrics done: Sept 13, 2012
Application Approved: Oct 29, 2012
My SSN Recvd: Nov 10th, 2012
My DL Recvd: ?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
mdhfinsc
View Public Profile
Send a private message to mdhfinsc
Find all posts by mdhfinsc
#5
09-22-2012, 02:11 PM
BANNED
From New Jersey
Joined in Aug 2012
179 posts
nkosi
0 AP
Hey look! A new thread... *just passing through*
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
nkosi
View Public Profile
Find all posts by nkosi
#6
09-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
2,308 posts
tommydreamer's Avatar
tommydreamer
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkosi View Post
Hey look! A new thread... *just passing through*
Where?
__________________
NYC (8/17) to Chicago lockbox (8/21) to Vermont Processing Center (8/30)
797/Biometrics received / completed 8/30
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
tommydreamer
View Public Profile
Send a private message to tommydreamer
Find all posts by tommydreamer
#7
09-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
569 posts
Lulu_derek1
0 AP
Yeah So If u had a minor traffic offense I'm sure it will come up In your record but it will not count against you... I was stopped at 16years old with a minor traffic offense I cut someone off(I didn't notice until the police stopped me lol) I was given a ticket and I paid it...( not sure what the tickets were for)then again when I was 22 I was pulled over for crossing a double line I gave the officer my name and it came out on their system! :O I was shocked! and scared but so he gave me a 2 tickets for not having a DL and crossing a double line I paid both.
__________________
California service center Application sent: 09/07/2012Arrival date:Acceptance letter: 09/15/2012
Biometrics completed: 10/12/2012 Riverside
APPROVED:11/06/2012 Applied for SSN:11/13/2012
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Lulu_derek1
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Lulu_derek1
Find all posts by Lulu_derek1
#8
09-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jul 2012
463 posts
Dreamer0523
0 AP
I got sane thing. Fingerprints were taken when I got arrested but according to the application you should answer NO because it's traffic related. If you got arrested for assault, rape, kill, etc then prob a yeah :-\ but you are koo koo
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Dreamer0523
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Dreamer0523
Find all posts by Dreamer0523
#9
09-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Senior Member
From Georgia
Joined in Aug 2009
331 posts
Kari096's Avatar
Kari096
20 AP
does anyone know if on the background check it comes out what you were arrested for. Or does it only tell you what you were convicted of?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Kari096
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Kari096
Find all posts by Kari096
#10
09-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
1,882 posts
NotAPro's Avatar
NotAPro
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari096 View Post
does anyone know if on the background check it comes out what you were arrested for. Or does it only tell you what you were convicted of?
I would hope they have a lot of information.
__________________
2012 Case: Approved. 9/11
2014 Renewal: Approved. 9/02
2016 Renewal: Approved. 9/01

'I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.'
-Thomas Carlyle
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
NotAPro
View Public Profile
Send a private message to NotAPro
Find all posts by NotAPro


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.