• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

Official daca process time thread - Page 196

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
Closed Thread
  • « first
  • ‹ previous
  • 146
  • 156
  • 166
  • 176
  • 186
  • 192
  • 193
  • 194
  • 195
  • 196
  • 197
  • 198
  • 199
  • 200
  • 206
  • 216
  • 226
  • 236
  • 246
  • next ›
  • last »
#1951
09-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jul 2012
789 posts
Moizy's Avatar
Moizy
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdreams92 View Post
Really? People do wlk ins to survive? Mmmm OK. Idc about the walk ins, but y'all have got to be pretty naive to think walk ins doesn't slow down the process. Remember were DACA beneficieries aren't the only ones going through immigration right now and are not the only ones that know about walk ins... yeah what's done is done but at least know the consequences of your potential
actions first. I'm talking about the peeps that are thinking about walking in. And if its true that Nebraska is backlogged and so agents are just looking at peoples cases when their actual Bio is, then good for Nebraska.
Nobody is being naive and aaying the process isn't getting slowed down because of the biometric walk ins. As of right now, we don't even know if that's true. Unless I missed something somewhere? What I was saying about the idea of "survival" is that people will do whatever it takes to get a benefit first, no matter in what situation. To be honest, some of the situations presented here are so much worse than mine. Like having a degree and not being able to use it is just sad. So if you get the opportunity, why wouldn't they go ahead and try to speed up their process? If you had the opportunity, if you were in their shoes, you would do the same. Although I do get what you're saying about consequences, I have to tell you that it's quiet obvious that people will care about themselves before the rest of the world.

What can we do now? Live with it thats what we can do. Unless of course if you have a better idea of what we can do now, I'm sure all of us would love to try it.
__________________
Application Filed - 8/16 Chicago Lockbox [Nebraska Service Center]
Date of I-797 C Notice of Action - 8/27
Date of Biometrics Appointment - 9/24
Date of Approval of Applications - 12/14
Date of EAD - 12/20
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Moizy
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Moizy
Find all posts by Moizy
#1952
09-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
244 posts
dreamer87
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPro View Post
Source?
Here you go buddy

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Deferred action is the fastest process ever created by USCIS as you can see
So relax and live life like you have been doing. Our day will come.
Post your reply or quote more messages.
dreamer87
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dreamer87
Find all posts by dreamer87
#1953
09-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Junior Member
Joined in Sep 2012
11 posts
Futureofamerica
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer87 View Post
Here you go buddy

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Deferred action is the fastest process ever created by USCIS as you can see
So relax and live life like you have been doing. Our day will come.
Where do you see the DACA processing times on that link, which USCIS office you are looking at
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Futureofamerica
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Futureofamerica
Find all posts by Futureofamerica
#1954
09-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Member
Joined in Jan 2009
85 posts
EsoJ17
0 AP
Great! All we need is division among ourselves. Kind of reminds me of the arguments that you always hear "they are taking our jobs," or "they should get in the back of the line of the people that came to the US legally." It is kind of sad that you read in this forums some members arguing along the same lines. Those people that are doing the walk-ins are taking my spot, they should get in the back of the line.

For me, if a DREAMer benefits from a walk-in good for him/her!! I've waited a lot of years to get a work permit, what is a few more months more?? I get the feeling that those that are complaining are just bitter that they did not think of doing a walk in. It would be better to have a cooperative mentality (being happy when a fellow member gets their application approved) as opposed to having a competitive one (being jealous and bitter because someone's application got approved faster for reason X or reason Y).

And like another member said, complaining in the forum will not change anything. I am 99.99% sure that USCIS will not change its policy because of the comments here. Instead of arguing why not keep this forum a place where people can come in for information and moral support?
Post your reply or quote more messages.
EsoJ17
View Public Profile
Send a private message to EsoJ17
Find all posts by EsoJ17
#1955
09-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2008
1,379 posts
vivace
0 AP
I think everyone who went to do the walk-ins had the expectation of being turned away. I know I did.

Had I been told to wait until my actual date when I did my walk-in, I would have accepted that. I would have been disappointed, but I would also have found it fair. However, the people at my ASC office did not even raise that issue and let me through. I took advantage of that and went ahead guilt-free.
__________________
AOS Packet Delivery: 3/27/17 | I-797C: 4/10/17 | Bio: 4/28/17 | EAD Receipt: 6/21/17 | Interview Date: 7/24/17 - RFE for incomplete I-693 | RFE Submission: 7/28/17 | GC Approval: 7/28/17 | MSC17909623**

Status: B2 Overstay, 2nd DACA, Marriage AOS
Post your reply or quote more messages.
vivace
View Public Profile
Send a private message to vivace
Find all posts by vivace
#1956
09-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Junior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
6 posts
djavila
0 AP
I did my biometricss. What next, what do i wait for? A letter in the mail a email?? I tryied to type my aplication receip number but nothing shows up on the website, i called and they me told me to not worrie about that that alot of people are having the same isssue. So how will i know if am aproved??
Post your reply or quote more messages.
djavila
View Public Profile
Send a private message to djavila
Find all posts by djavila
#1957
09-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Senior Member
From California
Joined in Apr 2009
396 posts
yurchie
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by djavila View Post
I did my biometricss. What next, what do i wait for? A letter in the mail a email?? I tryied to type my aplication receip number but nothing shows up on the website, i called and they me told me to not worrie about that that alot of people are having the same isssue. So how will i know if am aproved??
You'll get a letter of approval.
__________________
I was undocumented for more than 15 years.
Post your reply or quote more messages.
yurchie
View Public Profile
Send a private message to yurchie
Visit yurchie's homepage!
Find all posts by yurchie
#1958
09-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Senior Member
From California
Joined in Apr 2009
396 posts
yurchie
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exekil View Post
Didn't want to get into this walk-in debate, but I have to point out that that is HORRIBLE math. You can’t do a percentage like that, your number makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You have two options for getting the percentage:
  • Total number of walk-ins divided by the total number of applications
  • Number of Forum walk-ins divided by the number of forum applications
You can't take one number from one option and one from the other and make up a percentage like you did. If you take your 100 people who did walks-ins estimate, and divide it by something like say 300 applications in the forum with an appointment date(wild guess there), then the percentage of people jumping the line would be 33%. By the way, you can't even use the 100,000 on the first option as the majority of those people haven't received their appointments yet, so you would really have to use the number of applications that received appointments.
Your assumptions are laughably wrong. Just because a certain number of people submitted applications and are on this forum doesn't mean that your application is competing ONLY with them. So yes, my 100k number was correct. It's probably between 80k and 100k actually (since most of those 80k apps received in August have now been given biometrics appointments), but I'll say 80k, which changes the number to 0.125% (a quarter of a hundredth of a percent).

All your arguments also disregard the fact that there are multiple service centers, so again, if your app went to Nebraska, it is NOT slowed down by someone doing a walk-in with an app in California.

I'm not posting on this again. Too much of a waste of time.
__________________
I was undocumented for more than 15 years.
Last edited by yurchie; 09-26-2012 at 09:41 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.
yurchie
View Public Profile
Send a private message to yurchie
Visit yurchie's homepage!
Find all posts by yurchie
#1959
09-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2012
559 posts
dreamofgold
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moizy View Post
That is the exact reason why I can understand the frustration behind this whole concept. Time. Even the people that did walk-ins live time sensitive lives. From what you are saying, I can see why you would want to do a biometric walk in. It is what everyone is doing to survive here. No one really knows what it's like to be in our shoes unless they have been our shoes. And I understand your frustration my friend, sadly, there is nothing that can be done. That is reality of what is goin on now. And it hurts me to actually say those words cause I can truly understand what you must be going through along with several others who are frustrated by backlogs or longer approvals but we absolutely must SUCK IT UP.

Why not try to take our mind off of things? Let's advocate for the Drea
Act! Lets actually stand on an intersection on a busy highway and pass out flyers of the Dream Act that promotes it! Ideas that reflect the positives that would come out of allowing us idividuals with degrees in various fields to work in the United States and contribute to it's power and help it gain dominance in every aspect compared to other nations. Convince the citizens of this country that look down upon us "immigrants that don't deserve to be part of our nation because they bring us down", that we are individuals with high level degrees that can actually boost the economy, we can create jobs with our innovation, our business centered backgrounds.
You have a valid point. However, the point is that walk ins will delay the process and there will be a back log. God forbid that it does really get back logged, it will reach the news that because of walk ins the DACA has been back logged. So wouldn't these same people who look down upon us say " You see you give them an opportunity and they screw up the system". I know a lot of people who think this way. All the naysayers and such. As you said we have higher degrees and post graduate degrees shouldn't we know that the actions we take create consequences for others our fellow Dreamers?

As one pointed out about survival of the fittest, haven't we all been on "Survival Mode"? So shall we act like savages on survival mode and keep doing walk ins or be "civilized" people as you have said and start acting like it with this great opportunity that has been given to us the Dreamers?
__________________
Overstay since 7 yrs old | No criminal record | College Graduate | Post College Graduate
Application Sent - 08/15/12 to Phoenix | Delivered on - 08/16/12, Phoenix
G1145, 8/23/12 Routed to Nebraska | Received: I-797c, on 08/25/12
Bio Appt & completion: 9/17/12 | EAD Approved- 10/5/12 | DACA Approved 10/9/12 EAD Arrival 10/13/12 | DL AND Updated SSN - 10/16/12
Last edited by dreamofgold; 09-26-2012 at 03:31 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.
dreamofgold
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dreamofgold
Find all posts by dreamofgold
#1960
09-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
506 posts
bigdreams92
0 AP
Geez no one is bitter golly! My sisters did walk ins I'm not attacking them in their sleep....geez. all I say is know the consequences of your actions. After all according to one of the forum members said an IO said that all the walk ins has created a back log at the Nebraska service center
__________________
Date Application received-08/17/2012
The Lockbox the application was sent to - Lewisville TX
Date acceptance letter of application received -08/21/2012
Date Biometrics scheduled - 09/13/2012
Date of EAD received - TBA
Post your reply or quote more messages.
bigdreams92
View Public Profile
Send a private message to bigdreams92
Find all posts by bigdreams92
  • « first
  • ‹ previous
  • 146
  • 156
  • 166
  • 176
  • 186
  • 192
  • 193
  • 194
  • 195
  • 196
  • 197
  • 198
  • 199
  • 200
  • 206
  • 216
  • 226
  • 236
  • 246
  • next ›
  • last »
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.