• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

Arizona Drivers License Problem - Page 2

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • next ›
#11
10-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
677 posts
immarcj's Avatar
immarcj
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
That is total BS. I feel bad for Arizona Dreamers. It'll be a pain but try another state.
It is I just hope her executive order is torn down by the time I receive my EAD and S.S..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
immarcj
View Public Profile
Send a private message to immarcj
Find all posts by immarcj
#12
10-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
677 posts
immarcj's Avatar
immarcj
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayz0811 View Post
The lady that was going to process the application was actually apologetic about not being able to accept it. She also asked me if I had known about the recent change. She was probably surprised that nonetheless someone decided to try
I don't blame them(MVD) it's not them that make those laws, it's Jan Brewer and her posse.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
immarcj
View Public Profile
Send a private message to immarcj
Find all posts by immarcj
#13
10-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
3,130 posts
MadMan's Avatar
MadMan
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by immarcj View Post
It is I just hope her executive order is torn down by the time I receive my EAD and S.S..
I think what Brewer and Arpaio need to do is retire, and take their policies with them. I mean, because denying drivers licenses to students is going to really increase safety for Arizona.
__________________
Original: *Delivered: 08/15/2012. *Biometrics : 9/20/12. *Approval Date: 10/17/12. *EAD Received: 10/20/12. *Social: 10/26/12.*Drivers License: 10/29/12.

3rd Renewal: *Shipped: 01/15/18. *Delivered: 1/17/18. *Acceptance: 01/19/18. *Biometrics: 1/20/18. *Appointment: 02/08/18. *Expiration: 09/18.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
MadMan
View Public Profile
Send a private message to MadMan
Find all posts by MadMan
#14
10-17-2012, 11:53 PM
Member
Joined in Sep 2012
59 posts
Clique's Avatar
Clique
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
I think what Brewer and Arpaio need to do is retire, and take their policies with them. I mean, because denying drivers licenses to students is going to really increase safety for Arizona.
AMEN. This isn't a safety matter, it just proves her racism.
__________________
Sent: 8/15/2012
Biometrics Appointment: 9/24/12 Biometrics Taken: 9/24/12
EAD Approved: 10/24/12

NEBRASKA SC:70 Days (2 months and 9 days) since I sent my Application
Updated: 10/24
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Clique
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Clique
Find all posts by Clique
#15
10-17-2012, 11:57 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
677 posts
immarcj's Avatar
immarcj
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
I think what Brewer and Arpaio need to do is retire, and take their policies with them. I mean, because denying drivers licenses to students is going to really increase safety for Arizona.
They are evil.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
immarcj
View Public Profile
Send a private message to immarcj
Find all posts by immarcj
#16
10-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Jul 2012
152 posts
pnoypie
0 AP
Would suing them temporarily, lift the ban though?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
pnoypie
View Public Profile
Send a private message to pnoypie
Find all posts by pnoypie
#17
10-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
174 posts
eya-'s Avatar
eya-
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by immarcj View Post
It is I just hope her executive order is torn down by the time I receive my EAD and S.S..
I hoped for that as well, but my SS will be in the mail any day now. Ugh. Plan B it is. I've always liked Cali anyway.

Not giving us DL in AZ should be considered a cruel and unusual punishment. AZ gets too fucking hot in the summers.
__________________
Date Sent: 8/20/12 Lockbox: Phoenix Mailing Method: USPS Priority Mail
Date Arrived: 8/21/12 at 11:07PM G-1145 Notification: 8/27/12 9:03AM Service Center: USCIS California
I-797: 8/29/12 Biometrics: 9/19/12 (got mail on 9/14/12) done. EAD Approval: 10/5/12 Card Received: Oct. 11 SS card: Oct. 24
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
eya-
View Public Profile
Send a private message to eya-
Find all posts by eya-
#18
10-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
677 posts
immarcj's Avatar
immarcj
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoypie View Post
Would suing them temporarily, lift the ban though?
I think a judge would have to rule on it first in order to change anything, so no...similar to what happened with SB1070, this could even end up in the Supreme court.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
immarcj
View Public Profile
Send a private message to immarcj
Find all posts by immarcj
#19
10-18-2012, 12:05 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
677 posts
immarcj's Avatar
immarcj
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya- View Post
I hoped for that as well, but my SS will be in the mail any day now. Ugh. Plan B it is. I've always liked Cali anyway.

Not giving us DL in AZ should be considered a cruel and unusual punishment. AZ gets too fucking hot in the summers.
California is really nice, but it's hard moving states especially from family and friends.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
immarcj
View Public Profile
Send a private message to immarcj
Find all posts by immarcj
#20
10-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Member
Joined in Feb 2011
38 posts
dayz0811
0 AP
Does anybody know if DACA dreamers would be eligible to work at the MVD? That would just be too ironic....
__________________
Applied: Myself --- Approved: 09/24/12 --- EAD Received: 09/28/12 --- SSN Applied: 10/01/12 --- SSN Received: 10/15/12
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
dayz0811
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dayz0811
Find all posts by dayz0811
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.