• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

Official DMV Q&A Thread!!! What's ur story? - Page 9

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • « first
  • ‹ previous
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • next ›
#81
11-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Apr 2011
414 posts
bseo
0 AP
I went to DMV 2 days ago to apply for the state ID in CA, San Francisco. The guy that was working over there was Chinese, and he was very sarcastic. I'm Korean and he kept making jokes about Korea lol but I went super early in the morning be fore they opened. It took me like 25 min.
__________________
-DACA/EAD Approval:10/15
-Card Delivered: 10/19
-SSN: 10/27
-ID: TBA
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
bseo
View Public Profile
Send a private message to bseo
Find all posts by bseo
#82
11-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Member
Joined in May 2010
29 posts
peony
0 AP
i applied on the 24th for my id/dl permit
passed the driving test on the 25th (all in the west covina dmv)
got my id today, expired in 6 years (2018 )
wahooooooo
i should be getting my dl soon
hopefully 5/6 years also
__________________
Application Received: 8/23 (NEBRASKA Service Center)
Date Biometrics scheduled -9/21, (Walk In BIO - 9/18 )
EAD Approved - 10/17, SSN printout: 10/23
ID/DL applied for: 10/24, driving test passed: 10/25
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
peony
View Public Profile
Send a private message to peony
Find all posts by peony
#83
11-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Junior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
26 posts
jayadri6
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer786 View Post
BAM!! Went to the DMV yesterday with an exp'd Passport and also took my BC for back up.. All that was asked for was
-EAD
-SS
-PROOF OF RESIDENCE (2)

DIDN'T EVEN ASK TO SEE MY PP (<lol)
Passed the written test 100:95. Gonna take my road test sometime next month
P.S- I live in Atlanta and visited the DMV in downtown.. Good luck you guyz!!
How come you have to take the driving test until next month??
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jayadri6
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jayadri6
Find all posts by jayadri6
#84
11-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Junior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
26 posts
jayadri6
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer786 View Post
They fingerprinted you at the DMV? Do they do this to everybody? I only for my permit for now will go for my road test in a week or 2..
One question, my sister is 19 and I had asked at the DMV if she got her permit to learn how to drive, if she needed to keep it for a year and the get her drivers license and they said yes, so where you went they told u it was ok to have it for less then a year??
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jayadri6
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jayadri6
Find all posts by jayadri6
#85
11-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2011
310 posts
Chey00's Avatar
Chey00
0 AP
Question.... Did you guys fill out the application for the permit and ID online and brought it filled out to the DMV or did you guys do everything there?
__________________
Application Status: Self-filed on 8/18/12 to Chicago w/ Priority Mail and Delivered on 8/20/12 @ 2:47pm
Date of G-1145 Notification Received (email & text): 08/27/12 @ 3:48pm Routed to Vermont
Date of I-797C Notice of Action Letter Received: 08/31/12
Date of Biometrics: Received 08/31/12 and Scheduled for 09/17/12 in Cranston, RI.
Date of Approval: 10/23/12
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Chey00
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Chey00
Find all posts by Chey00
#86
11-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Senior Member
From ATL, GA
Joined in Aug 2012
822 posts
Dreamer786's Avatar
Dreamer786
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayadri6 View Post
One question, my sister is 19 and I had asked at the DMV if she got her permit to learn how to drive, if she needed to keep it for a year and the get her drivers license and they said yes, so where you went they told u it was ok to have it for less then a year??
maybe cuz she's under 21? Idk. I actually havn't went yet busy with work and all can't seem to wake up at 7am I've tried 3 days in a row lol. But yeh they said whenever I'm ready just drop by with a car so yeh.. And my sis is 18 I didn't ask them if she'd have to wait.. Maybe she'll have to as well although I highly doubt it.. U should go back ask someone else at the DMV..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chey00 View Post
Question.... Did you guys fill out the application for the permit and ID online and brought it filled out to the DMV or did you guys do everything there?
No they give u one over there not available online
__________________
A DREAM WITHIN A DREAMER.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Dreamer786
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Dreamer786
Find all posts by Dreamer786
#87
11-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Junior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
26 posts
jayadri6
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer786 View Post
maybe cuz she's under 21? Idk. I actually havn't went yet busy with work and all can't seem to wake up at 7am I've tried 3 days in a row lol. But yeh they said whenever I'm ready just drop by with a car so yeh.. And my sis is 18 I didn't ask them if she'd have to wait.. Maybe she'll have to as well although I highly doubt it.. U should go back ask someone else at the DMV..
Thank you and yes I will defently ask when I go hopefully next week to try and get my license.. I'm just waitin on my social security card..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jayadri6
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jayadri6
Find all posts by jayadri6
#88
11-05-2012, 02:44 AM
Senior Member
From Houston
Joined in Oct 2012
318 posts
Anonymous2's Avatar
Anonymous2
0 AP
Is there 2 separate forms when applying for a DL & ID?
Would you recieve your ID on the spot? When first going.
__________________
Bio Taken on Date 9/27 Nebraska
Approved 10/31 EAD Mailed 11/2 EAD Recieved..11/5
Social Application 11/6 Social Recieved 11/13 DL Certificate 11/13 Dl?pending..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Anonymous2
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Anonymous2
Find all posts by Anonymous2
#89
11-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Junior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
29 posts
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous2 View Post
Is there 2 separate forms when applying for a DL & ID?
Would you recieve your ID on the spot? When first going.
I only remember filling out one form. The ID comes in the mail after a week or two
__________________
DACA, EAD, SSN approved
Applied for CA ID and Driver's License together. Received ID in ten days, expires in 2018 and License in 1 week after passing the driving test, expires in 2017
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Prometheus
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Prometheus
Find all posts by Prometheus
#90
11-05-2012, 02:51 AM
Senior Member
From Houston
Joined in Oct 2012
318 posts
Anonymous2's Avatar
Anonymous2
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
I only remember filling out one form. The ID comes in the mail after a week or two
So I'm guessing it gives you the options If your applying for an ID& DL
on that application..thanks sorry if I sound uneducated.
__________________
Bio Taken on Date 9/27 Nebraska
Approved 10/31 EAD Mailed 11/2 EAD Recieved..11/5
Social Application 11/6 Social Recieved 11/13 DL Certificate 11/13 Dl?pending..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Anonymous2
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Anonymous2
Find all posts by Anonymous2
  • « first
  • ‹ previous
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.