• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

HUGE PROBLEM during Background Check for Employers - Page 8

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • « first
  • ‹ previous
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • next ›
#71
11-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Senior Member
From Sacramento, CA
Joined in Sep 2010
972 posts
jrpallares
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextrose12 View Post
Congrats! I was beginning to worry about this whole sketchy SSN's theyre distributing to us for work. So at least target is hiring. Thanks for. Sharing your experience so we know what we are up against.
What you mean by sketchy ssns?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jrpallares
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jrpallares
Find all posts by jrpallares
#72
11-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Moderator
From Atlanta, GA
Joined in Aug 2008
2,822 posts
freshh.'s Avatar
freshh.
250 AP
@Hope: I edited the original post to include the step-by-step solution you provided a few pages in, as well as arclite's answer. This way people won't miss it.

Thank you for letting us know how to solve this issue.
__________________
Self-Prepared, Jamaican, Visa Overstay ; Expiration: 10.18.18
Renewal #3 Sent: 01.21.18 (Chicago, IL)| Arrived: 01.23.2018
G-1145:01.26.18|Biometrics Received: 01.30.18 (02.16.18 ) | Biometrics Completed : 02.16.18
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
freshh.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to freshh.
Find all posts by freshh.
#73
11-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Junior Member
Joined in Jun 2011
24 posts
bytista2
0 AP
I actually have a pending background check with a retail store that uses lexisnexis and have been waiting for 2 weeks now for a response since my interview. Since reading this thread , i thought I didn't get a call back was because of the background check so I called lexisnexis today to verify if my background check had any problems and to my surprise the receptionist told me that my background check was cleared.

I didn't seem to have this problem as some of you may had but maybe I guess the reason why I haven't gotten a call back is because I didn't get the job =/. Did anyone else not have an issue with their background check?.

I don't know if I should follow up since the interview went well , i have no criminal record and even did a drug test which I know i passed since i never did drugs in my entire life.
__________________
Application Sent - 08/21/2012 to Chicago Lockbox
Delivered - 08/23/12/USPS Express | Routed to Vermont
Date of I-797 C Notice of Action - 9/1/12 | Date of Biometrics Appointment - 9/24/12 ( 9/12/12 Walk in Completed)Approved - 9/27/12 | EAD recieved - 10/1/12 | SSN applied - 10/3/12 | SSN received - 10/15
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
bytista2
View Public Profile
Send a private message to bytista2
Find all posts by bytista2
#74
11-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Nov 2007
235 posts
Hope
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshh. View Post
@Hope: I edited the original post to include the step-by-step solution you provided a few pages in, as well as arclite's answer. This way people won't miss it.

Thank you for letting us know how to solve this issue.
Thank you, it makes much more sense now.
__________________
Renewal Delivered 06/17/2014
797c-----------------06/23/2014
Biometrics letter --06/30/2014 Done 06/30/2014
Expiration Date ---09/11/2014
Approval Date ---09/02/2014
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Hope
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Hope
Find all posts by Hope
#75
11-15-2012, 10:47 PM
Junior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
20 posts
Dreamer2012
0 AP
Good information!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Dreamer2012
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Dreamer2012
Find all posts by Dreamer2012
#76
11-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2012
140 posts
jesus2190
0 AP
since my ssn is invalid in alo t places ...ill have to go to the ssa office to get a verification letter...does anyone know what it looks like ...and what does it say ?
__________________
Sent by me : 8/16/12 - Accepted : 8/21/12
Biometrics done: 9/14/12
DA Approved: "Approved 10/19/12 " EAD Approved: 10/19/12
Mailed : 10/22/12 Reived EAD CAR : 10/24/12
Vermont Service Center
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jesus2190
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jesus2190
Find all posts by jesus2190
#77
11-16-2012, 01:07 AM
Senior Member
From Sacramento, CA
Joined in Sep 2010
972 posts
jrpallares
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus2190 View Post
since my ssn is invalid in alo t places ...ill have to go to the ssa office to get a verification letter...does anyone know what it looks like ...and what does it say ?
what do you mean it's invalid?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jrpallares
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jrpallares
Find all posts by jrpallares
#78
11-17-2012, 04:42 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Nov 2012
1,566 posts
turmalina
0 AP
This is good info, thanks for posting your question and the updates!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
turmalina
View Public Profile
Send a private message to turmalina
Find all posts by turmalina
#79
12-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Junior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
13 posts
vale6777
0 AP
I just got a job offer at the bank and all I need to do is pass my background check with LexisNexis. I wrote on my resume and application that I worked at subway. The only problem is I worked under a different name. My ex manager knew my situation so it is safe to contact him. Nothing is going to show up since I just got my real social security number last month right? I don't know what to do I sent my info in on Monday and it is now Thursday!!!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
vale6777
View Public Profile
Send a private message to vale6777
Find all posts by vale6777
#80
01-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Senior Member
From FL
Joined in Jun 2011
3,590 posts
Dres2011's Avatar
Dres2011
0 AP
Lexis Nexis we meet finally.
__________________
Expiration: 08/05/2019
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Dres2011
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Dres2011
Find all posts by Dres2011
  • « first
  • ‹ previous
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.