• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

Who's gotten a job with EAD yet or registered an insured car? - Page 3

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • next ›
#21
11-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Member
Joined in Sep 2012
66 posts
Jg1206
0 AP
I just got hired @ cadillac ! They did a background check and everything went fine except they called back the manager that hired me saying that my social was less than 1 year old. Thats when he told them the truth, that I just got the work permit. And they approved me.! Now i start this monday!!
In cali .. 18/ hr
__________________
California Service Center • Date Application Sent: 08/24/2012
Arrival date: 08/27/2012 • Form i-797: 08/30/2012 (Via Text Message)
Biometrics: 09/26/2012 (No Walk-In) • Approval: 10/05/2012 (Via Text Message) • EAD Card Received: 10/11/2012 • Applied for SSN: 10/15/2012
SSN Printout: 10/17/2012 • SSN Received: 10/31/2012
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Jg1206
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Jg1206
Find all posts by Jg1206
#22
11-22-2012, 01:11 PM
BANNED
Joined in Sep 2009
1,399 posts
Chyno
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith View Post
Friend was hired at Intel as a semiconductor technician. He still asks me for rides.
He applied earlier than me and Intel is where I will be applying ad well.
That is awesome, I would love to work in Intel. I am taking a semiconductor devices course and I find it interesting and hard. Are you guys both EE?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Chyno
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Chyno
#23
11-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Feb 2010
204 posts
FloridaGirl87's Avatar
FloridaGirl87
0 AP
I'm glad to hear all these great stories my dear friends. I decided that if they ask me why my social is less than a year, I will tell them I had been given a different one. In Florida people are so uptight about hiring illegal people that I just don't want to tell them my whole entire life story.
__________________
Date Application Sent - 08/20/2012
Date of EAD approved -10/30/2012 Thank you God!
SS# arrived -11/14/2012: Renewal: Sent early May
EAD production 10/06/16: DACA 10/10/16: Received?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoMYU_nOGNg
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
FloridaGirl87
View Public Profile
Send a private message to FloridaGirl87
Find all posts by FloridaGirl87
#24
11-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Senior Member
From MA
Joined in Apr 2010
1,069 posts
circasurvive's Avatar
circasurvive
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofgold View Post
Financial Analyst
Where? I've been an analyst for awhile now.
+ what kind of financial analyst?
__________________
www.thayerholdings.com
Last edited by circasurvive; 11-22-2012 at 02:23 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
circasurvive
View Public Profile
Send a private message to circasurvive
Visit circasurvive's homepage!
Find all posts by circasurvive
#25
11-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Nov 2012
15,081 posts
Pianoswithoutfaith's Avatar
Pianoswithoutfaith
30 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyno View Post
That is awesome, I would love to work in Intel. I am taking a semiconductor devices course and I find it interesting and hard. Are you guys both EE?

Yeah he went more for the manufacturing and I went into the designing. Both from OIT
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Face View Post
I personally knew that if he wins he's not going to be touching DACA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Face View Post
I hope Trump wins second term.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 View Post
Tranny is not derogatory term dummy
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Pianoswithoutfaith
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Pianoswithoutfaith
Find all posts by Pianoswithoutfaith
#26
11-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2012
148 posts
D_T_X_DREAMER's Avatar
D_T_X_DREAMER
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jg1206 View Post
I just got hired @ cadillac ! They did a background check and everything went fine except they called back the manager that hired me saying that my social was less than 1 year old. Thats when he told them the truth, that I just got the work permit. And they approved me.! Now i start this monday!!
In cali .. 18/ hr
Wow thats great! Doing what, if i may ask? I plan on applying at a dealer too.
__________________
Received by NSC: Sep. 26, 2012
1-797C NOA: Oct. 6, 2012
Biometrics Completed: Nov 1st
EAD: Dec 13
DL: Jan 10
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
D_T_X_DREAMER
View Public Profile
Send a private message to D_T_X_DREAMER
Find all posts by D_T_X_DREAMER
#27
11-23-2012, 12:26 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2011
223 posts
Kristof
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofgold View Post
Financial Analyst
I was doing interviews a month before.

Porsche 911 Turbo - New one
WOW.

I am still waiting...going to a 100 days soon.
__________________
Current Status: Approved Sent from California To Pheonix - then routed to Nebraska Service Center
Application Sent: 8/15 - Biometrics Done: 9/12 - Service Request via Phone: 11/19
Service Request notice letter: 12-1-12
DACA Approved: 1-7-13 - EAD Approved: 1-7-13 EAD Recieved: 1-11-13
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Kristof
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Kristof
Find all posts by Kristof
#28
11-23-2012, 12:30 AM
BANNED
Joined in Aug 2012
232 posts
ferchor2
0 AP
got a job at target night shift.. now saving up for car, school and braces lol

took about two weeks to get the job from interview to orientation
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
ferchor2
View Public Profile
Find all posts by ferchor2
#29
11-23-2012, 01:44 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
183 posts
Pootie-Tang
0 AP
I got an internship with KPMG as an auditor. Will be starting this January. I did run into a minot hiccup though when the background check came and they found my old social.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Pootie-Tang
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Pootie-Tang
Find all posts by Pootie-Tang
#30
11-23-2012, 02:19 AM
Member
Joined in Aug 2012
78 posts
BobLobLaw's Avatar
BobLobLaw
0 AP
My friend got me a job at a high end retail store. I just filled out all my paper work and they told me to bring in my EAD and everything would be great! I have a second part time lined up at Barnes and Nobel. My second interview is this weekend. Time to make the money!!!!

I'm looking at a used civic to drive but i've borrowed my moms car in the mean time. Feels so good driving with that little plastic card in my wallet.
__________________
Application Sent - 9/1/12 Phoenix Lockbox Delivered - 9/4/12 to California Date of I-797 C Notice of Action - 9/10/12 Biometrics 9/14/2012 Date of EAD - 9/20/2012 EAD Arrival - 9/26/12 SSN - 10/22/12 Driving Permit - 10/1/12 Driver License 10/26
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
BobLobLaw
View Public Profile
Send a private message to BobLobLaw
Find all posts by BobLobLaw
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.