• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

Am I missing something?

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
#1
11-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Junior Member
Joined in Dec 2010
24 posts
oneday123
0 AP
I just want to double check that I've received everything because I have been having problems with USCIS not being able to deliver my stuff. I have received my DACA approval , and shortly after I received a letter stating I've been approved to work , am I also supposed to receive a card with my picture on it? I checked my case status online and it said that my card was returned as undeliverable, which is weird because I have already corrected my address twice.

So basicly what am I supposed to receive in the mail? Would I be turned down from getting my SSN if all I take is my birth certificate DACA and EAD letters?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
oneday123
View Public Profile
Send a private message to oneday123
Find all posts by oneday123
#2
11-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2011
260 posts
dreamerperson
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneday123 View Post
I just want to double check that I've received everything because I have been having problems with USCIS not being able to deliver my stuff. I have received my DACA approval , and shortly after I received a letter stating I've been approved to work , am I also supposed to receive a card with my picture on it? I checked my case status online and it said that my card was returned as undeliverable, which is weird because I have already corrected my address twice.

So basicly what am I supposed to receive in the mail? Would I be turned down from getting my SSN if all I take is my birth certificate DACA and EAD letters?
EDIT you can receive all of them separately; however I'd still contact USCIS since there is an issue delivering the actual card, which you need.

Contact 1-800-375-5283 (the USCIS customer service hotline) or make an e-request to see what's up.

You will most likely need the EAD at the SSO as it says here: http://ssa.gov/pubs/deferred_action.pdf
Last edited by dreamerperson; 11-23-2012 at 01:34 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
dreamerperson
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dreamerperson
Find all posts by dreamerperson
#3
11-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jun 2010
1,214 posts
Dream becomes Reality
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerperson View Post
That letter saying you've been approved to work should have included your EAD card. Contact 1-800-375-5283 (the USCIS customer service hotline) or make an e-request to see what's up.

You will most likely need the EAD at the SSO as it says here: http://ssa.gov/pubs/deferred_action.pdf
That is incorrect, when I was approved I received 2 separate approval letters, one was for DACA, and one was for the I-765. Shortly after, I received another Priority Mail letter that contained my EAD card, making it 3 letters in total.

@Oneday123: When I applied for my SSN I had to bring my actual EAD card and passport (a birth certificate can be substituted for a passport). Perhaps you can contact USCIS to redeliver your EAD card, it'll take about 2-3 days to be delivered to you. I wish you all the best!
__________________
Naturalized United States Citizen[/b] 2019
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Dream becomes Reality
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Dream becomes Reality
Find all posts by Dream becomes Reality
#4
11-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2011
260 posts
dreamerperson
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneday123 View Post
I just want to double check that I've received everything because I have been having problems with USCIS not being able to deliver my stuff. I have received my DACA approval , and shortly after I received a letter stating I've been approved to work , am I also supposed to receive a card with my picture on it? I checked my case status online and it said that my card was returned as undeliverable, which is weird because I have already corrected my address twice.

So basicly what am I supposed to receive in the mail? Would I be turned down from getting my SSN if all I take is my birth certificate DACA and EAD letters?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream becomes Reality View Post
That is incorrect, when I was approved I received 2 separate approval letters, one was for DACA, and one was for the I-765. Shortly after, I received another Priority Mail letter that contained my EAD card, making it 3 letters in total.

@Oneday123: When I applied for my SSN I had to bring my actual EAD card and passport (a birth certificate can be substituted for a passport). Perhaps you can contact USCIS to redeliver your EAD card, it'll take about 2-3 days to be delivered to you. I wish you all the best!
D'oh, I didn't know that could be the case. I assumed all if not most received the card in the same mail as the approval for i765. Thanks for the correction. I'll update my post.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
dreamerperson
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dreamerperson
Find all posts by dreamerperson
#5
11-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jun 2010
1,214 posts
Dream becomes Reality
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerperson View Post
D'oh, I didn't know that could be the case. I assumed all if not most received the card in the same mail as the approval for i765. Thanks for the correction. I'll update my post.
No problem, I thought the same thing too until I physically saw 3 letters, it's all good!
__________________
Naturalized United States Citizen[/b] 2019
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Dream becomes Reality
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Dream becomes Reality
Find all posts by Dream becomes Reality


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.