• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > Other Topics > Other Topics

So what car are YOU getting? - Page 4

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • next ›
  • last »
#31
12-09-2012, 04:59 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
4,293 posts
FlyinAgainstTheWind
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDream View Post
since most of you guys are first time drivers.... getting an early year car (06-12') may not be a smart financial idea. Because you will end up paying double for insurance.
Doesn't that depend on how old you are too?


I'm going for a corolla because toyota (at least the local one) gives you 2,000 off if you are a recent graduate.

My brother just purchased a camry there in the summer. 0%apr. I am hoping to get the same on the corolla. I don't plan on getting one until the summer though. I'm in no rush at all. Better to wait on making a large purchase if you are able to make it through w/o. I am waiting to see what will happen with dream.
__________________
Sent 10/19->WAC accepted 10/24
I-797 arrived 10/27
Biometrics letter arrived 10/29 Biometrics done 11/20
EAD: February 7, 2013 SSN:Already Have DL:Gonna take a month or two..haha.never bothered to learn..too scurred
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
FlyinAgainstTheWind
View Public Profile
Send a private message to FlyinAgainstTheWind
Find all posts by FlyinAgainstTheWind
#32
12-09-2012, 05:28 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Nov 2012
1,566 posts
turmalina
0 AP
Words to the wise: newer cars' insurance costs usually are higher than relatively older cars. Not to mention, if you're financing, they will require you to have full coverage. Age of the driver does affect price, but not entirely. Coupes are more expensive to insure than 4-doors, where you live matters how much you pay, color of the car doesn't at all, safer cars pay less.

Make sure before you go buy a car that you have an idea how much insuring it might cost you. Car salesman will almost always neglect to mention that for some, insuring a car might be as expensive a month as the car payment.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
turmalina
View Public Profile
Send a private message to turmalina
Find all posts by turmalina
#33
12-09-2012, 07:21 AM
BANNED
Joined in Nov 2012
857 posts
Koffha88
0 AP
Im debating about a 2006 z4. For the girls, obviously
An Audi TT just for speeding
OR a Mini Cooper S 06 ( last year super charged) or 2008-2010 (turbo charged)
Keep those for a year or two until I can have a decent A5 or 335xi (2010+)

Zero fucks about jap cars. Hate those things.

PS if it has more than 2 doors.... It has way too many. Its me and a girl, not me, a girl and her luggage, and stupid bullshit. All we need is a wallet and a car
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Koffha88
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Koffha88
#34
12-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
149 posts
johnpasadena
0 AP
I'm getting a 2003-2006 silverado extended cab with 22 inch rims
__________________
App. mail 10-15/// App recv on: 10-16/// Recv I-797c on 10-24
Bio letter : 11-01 for 11-23@9am /// Biometrics done: 11-23
APPROVED DACA &EAD-: 12-11-2012 /// Received EAD :12-17
Applied for SSN: 12-21. Received:12-29
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
johnpasadena
View Public Profile
Send a private message to johnpasadena
Find all posts by johnpasadena
#35
12-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Member
Joined in Aug 2012
98 posts
lvarea
0 AP
I'm thinking of a used 03-06 Toyota Camry to keep for about two years. My bf thinks I should get a new car right of the bat. I'm not too sure about it.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
lvarea
View Public Profile
Send a private message to lvarea
Find all posts by lvarea
#36
12-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Senior Member
From Texas
Joined in Sep 2012
3,208 posts
msaccountant
130 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koffha88 View Post
Im debating about a 2006 z4. For the girls, obviously
An Audi TT just for speeding
OR a Mini Cooper S 06 ( last year super charged) or 2008-2010 (turbo charged)
Keep those for a year or two until I can have a decent A5 or 335xi (2010+)

Zero fucks about jap cars. Hate those things.

PS if it has more than 2 doors.... It has way too many. Its me and a girl, not me, a girl and her luggage, and stupid bullshit. All we need is a wallet and a car
Watch out we have a playaaaaaaaaaaa ovaaaa hereeeeee!

What if it's you and a girl and her school backpack and purse?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
msaccountant
View Public Profile
Send a private message to msaccountant
Find all posts by msaccountant
#37
12-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Senior Member
From Florida
Joined in Sep 2012
554 posts
The_Sweetest_Girl's Avatar
The_Sweetest_Girl
0 AP
I thought there was already a thread on this before, my mind changed anyway on what I wanted. I'll be making an appointment at the DMV as soon as I hear about my approval.
I am undecided but I was thinking a Toyota corolla if I was going to go with a car or a Ford explorer or Ford escape if I decided on a SUV...I'd really like a 2010 or 2011.
__________________
Application Sent: unknown by lawyer/mid Sept
Delivered: Sept 17th
Biometrics: Oct 15th (completed)
-VERMONT- APPROVED Dec 31st
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
The_Sweetest_Girl
View Public Profile
Send a private message to The_Sweetest_Girl
Find all posts by The_Sweetest_Girl
#38
12-09-2012, 01:47 PM
BANNED
Joined in Oct 2012
2,487 posts
Happyman0607
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koffha88 View Post
Im debating about a 2006 z4. For the girls, obviously
An Audi TT just for speeding
OR a Mini Cooper S 06 ( last year super charged) or 2008-2010 (turbo charged)
Keep those for a year or two until I can have a decent A5 or 335xi (2010+)

Zero fucks about jap cars. Hate those things.

PS if it has more than 2 doors.... It has way too many. Its me and a girl, not me, a girl and her luggage, and stupid bullshit. All we need is a wallet and a car
Do notttttt get the Z4! I had friends with them, they are pieces of crap! A TT is decent and mini coppers are cool but idk they're a little on the feminin side even though they got turbos and stuff in em
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Happyman0607
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Happyman0607
#39
12-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
3,130 posts
MadMan's Avatar
MadMan
0 AP
2006-2012 Lexus IS F-Sport...



Dream: 2013 Nissan GTR

__________________
Original: *Delivered: 08/15/2012. *Biometrics : 9/20/12. *Approval Date: 10/17/12. *EAD Received: 10/20/12. *Social: 10/26/12.*Drivers License: 10/29/12.

3rd Renewal: *Shipped: 01/15/18. *Delivered: 1/17/18. *Acceptance: 01/19/18. *Biometrics: 1/20/18. *Appointment: 02/08/18. *Expiration: 09/18.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
MadMan
View Public Profile
Send a private message to MadMan
Find all posts by MadMan
#40
12-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Senior Member
From Texas
Joined in Nov 2012
182 posts
The Brain's Avatar
The Brain
0 AP
Cant change my 94 Honda Prelude for any other car, but im getting a motorcycle
__________________
Expire 10/18
3rd Renewal Sent 02/17/8
Received 02/20/18
Biometrics Pending
https://youtu.be/S2eiEyhMbo4
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
The Brain
View Public Profile
Send a private message to The Brain
Find all posts by The Brain
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • next ›
  • last »


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.