• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

Difficulty having a J.O.B - Page 3

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • next ›
  • last »
#21
02-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Senior Member
From FL
Joined in Jun 2011
3,590 posts
Dres2011's Avatar
Dres2011
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by msaccountant View Post
Ah! Is it somewhere well known or no? Did you find this at craiglist? I don't trust craiglist....

Be careful guys! That's why I feel really paranoid when applications ask for my ssn cause it's my baby and I don't want anyone stealing it or abusing it!
not well known and craigslist sigh I should have known....
__________________
Expiration: 08/05/2019
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Dres2011
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Dres2011
Find all posts by Dres2011
#22
02-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Member
Joined in Aug 2012
84 posts
dnick12's Avatar
dnick12
0 AP
OMG. Finding a job has been waaay more difficult than I thought here in Chicago.

Today I got an interview with an aviation company, (first interview and callback EVER) but they rejected me for being 17. And I wouldn't be able to get the job anyways because their training is in Mexico so I'd need citizenship or an advance parole to be able to do the training. I'm sad because it was a really good opportunity.

I applied to all the retail stores and restaurants in my area, McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Subway, Walgreens, Target, Walmart, YOU NAME IT! I've been doing it every week for the past 2-3 months and not one callback. I applied to banks in my area also, and I've just been rejected for my age.

So frustrating

Oh! And I had my aunt speak to her manager to get a job at the supermarket she works at, but they aren't hiring right now and won't be for a while. And let's not mention I don't have any experience -_____-
__________________
Application Sent: 09/20/2012 to ChicagoDelivered:09/21/2012Rejected:09/27/2012
Re-Submitted:09/29/2012Re-Delivered:10/01/2012G1145 Email:10/04/2012 Routed to Texas
I-797C:10/06/2012Biometrics Letter:10/13/2012 for 11/02/2012Walk In Chicago Pulaski:10/15/2012
Approval:11/13/2012EAD Received:11/16/2012SSN Applied:11/19/2012SSN Received:11/26/2012
Last edited by dnick12; 02-11-2013 at 04:11 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
dnick12
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dnick12
Find all posts by dnick12
#23
02-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
675 posts
Charolastra's Avatar
Charolastra
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnick12 View Post
OMG. Finding a job has been waaay more difficult than I thought here in Chicago.

Today I got an interview with an aviation company, (first interview and callback EVER) but they rejected me for being 17. And I wouldn't be able to get the job anyways because their training is in Mexico so I'd need citizenship or an advance parole to be able to do the training. I'm sad because it was a really good opportunity.

I applied to all the retail stores and restaurants in my area, McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Subway, Walgreens, Target, Walmart, YOU NAME IT! I've been doing it every week for the past 2-3 months and not one callback. I applied to banks in my area also, and I've just been rejected for my age.

So frustrating

Oh! And I had my aunt speak to her manager to get a job at the supermarket she works at, but they aren't hiring right now and won't be for a while. And let's not mention I don't have any experience -_____-
lol, I'm 17 too. I applied to 2 McDonald's locations and a Wendy's, and none of them called back

P.S. You were offered a job in Mexico? Why didn't you apply for advance parole? Gosh, I would do anything to be in Mexico (with the guarantee of coming back to the U.S.) in order to see my dad
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Charolastra
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Charolastra
Find all posts by Charolastra
#24
02-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Member
Joined in Aug 2012
84 posts
dnick12's Avatar
dnick12
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charolastra View Post
lol, I'm 17 too. I applied to 2 McDonald's locations and a Wendy's, and none of them called back

P.S. You were offered a job in Mexico? Why didn't you apply for advance parole? Gosh, I would do anything to be in Mexico (with the guarantee of coming back to the U.S.) in order to see my dad
Yup no one calls me back either!

And the job I was offered only the training would be done in Mexico which would be for a week with all expenses paid. I can't get the job since I'm under age anyways :/
__________________
Application Sent: 09/20/2012 to ChicagoDelivered:09/21/2012Rejected:09/27/2012
Re-Submitted:09/29/2012Re-Delivered:10/01/2012G1145 Email:10/04/2012 Routed to Texas
I-797C:10/06/2012Biometrics Letter:10/13/2012 for 11/02/2012Walk In Chicago Pulaski:10/15/2012
Approval:11/13/2012EAD Received:11/16/2012SSN Applied:11/19/2012SSN Received:11/26/2012
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
dnick12
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dnick12
Find all posts by dnick12
#25
02-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
182 posts
mayrac07's Avatar
mayrac07
0 AP
Seriously guys? Waiting table sucks but when you make more money in one weekend than fast food workers make in a week its kinda worth it. Sometimes you have to start small. I started working at a corporate owned restaurant, started training others in less than six months. I was offered an assistant manager position which I didn't take because of my status. I couldn't get a certain permit (alcohol) that you had to go to court for and show valid ID. My point is... Do what you need to do to earn a living.
__________________
Approval: 2/26/13
Total Wait: 180 Days
Vermont Service Center
SSN Applied: 3/4/13 // Learner's Permit: 3/4/13 // Drivers License: 3/6/13 // SSN Printout: 3/7/2013
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
mayrac07
View Public Profile
Send a private message to mayrac07
Find all posts by mayrac07
#26
02-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Senior Member
From Texas
Joined in Sep 2012
3,208 posts
msaccountant
130 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dres2011 View Post
not well known and craigslist sigh I should have known....
dang now I'm really not even going to think of doing craiglist.....ever!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
msaccountant
View Public Profile
Send a private message to msaccountant
Find all posts by msaccountant
#27
02-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Junior Member
Joined in Dec 2012
20 posts
HeyyVivianna
0 AP
My sister got a receptionist job on craigslist for an accounting firm! But she didn't fill an application out online just sent them her resume and got a call for an interview the next day. She also found me three possible positions I'm going to apply for. There are some okay opportunities on there just be SUPER careful.
__________________
Application Sent: 10/01/12 - CHICAGO Lockbox | Delivered: 10/04/12 | G1145 Notification: 10/09/12 Routed to NEBRASKA | Date of I-797C : 10/11/12 | Date of Biometrics: 11/9/12 |Approval Date: 12/19/12 | Date of EAD Received: 12/24/12 | SSN Applied: 1/17/13 | SSN: Recieved: 1/22/13
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
HeyyVivianna
View Public Profile
Send a private message to HeyyVivianna
Find all posts by HeyyVivianna
#28
02-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Senior Member
From South Florida
Joined in May 2008
2,287 posts
ECW
260 AP
Email I just got from Publix:

Thank you for taking the time to update your application. We know there are many places you could pursue employment, so we appreciate your interest in Publix Super Markets.

We have fewer openings than usual because of the tight economy. And even when we do have an opening, only two or three applicants are called in for interviews. So if you aren't called, it's not because we don't think you have something to offer - it's because we have hundreds of applicants for each opening and we can only select one person to hire.

Your application will remain active until the date you were given when you updated it. You can update your application at any Publix store.

Publix is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Please do not reply to this email.

Rejection email, potential employer or automated response?
__________________
APPLICATION RECEIVED: 9-19-2012
I-797C RECEIVED: 9-26-2012
BIOMETRICS LETTER RECEIVED: 9-27-2012 for 10-16-2012
Walk-In Done: 10-2-2012
EAD/DACA Approve: 12-7-2012
Last edited by ECW; 02-11-2013 at 09:50 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
ECW
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ECW
Find all posts by ECW
#29
02-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Nov 2012
15,081 posts
Pianoswithoutfaith's Avatar
Pianoswithoutfaith
30 AP
Thus Dreamers find themselves facing the difficulties of finding a job............legally
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Face View Post
I personally knew that if he wins he's not going to be touching DACA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Face View Post
I hope Trump wins second term.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 View Post
Tranny is not derogatory term dummy
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Pianoswithoutfaith
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Pianoswithoutfaith
Find all posts by Pianoswithoutfaith
#30
02-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Senior Member
From FL
Joined in Jun 2011
3,590 posts
Dres2011's Avatar
Dres2011
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW View Post
Email I just got from Publix:

Thank you for taking the time to update your application. We know there are many places you could pursue employment, so we appreciate your interest in Publix Super Markets.

We have fewer openings than usual because of the tight economy. And even when we do have an opening, only two or three applicants are called in for interviews. So if you aren't called, it's not because we don't think you have something to offer - it's because we have hundreds of applicants for each opening and we can only select one person to hire.

Your application will remain active until the date you were given when you updated it. You can update your application at any Publix store.

Publix is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Please do not reply to this email.

Rejection email, potential employer or automated response?
It's automated I sent in 5 forms for jobs at winndixie and i got a similar type of letters within 5 minutes. I also applied at Publix and I didn't receive something like that.
__________________
Expiration: 08/05/2019
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Dres2011
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Dres2011
Find all posts by Dres2011
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • next ›
  • last »


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.