• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

Employment Related Thread for DACA Approved - Page 16

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • « first
  • ‹ previous
  • 6
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • next ›
  • last »
#151
02-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Junior Member
Joined in Dec 2012
17 posts
jesusrobles
0 AP
I only applied for 3 jobs and 2 hired me i have a full time job and a part time to save $$ for school... the pay is not bad full time is $13.50 40 hrs a week and the part time $12.00 20 hrs a week
Last edited by jesusrobles; 02-25-2013 at 08:16 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jesusrobles
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jesusrobles
Find all posts by jesusrobles
#152
02-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Member
Joined in Jan 2013
58 posts
Guti_90
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusrobles View Post
I only applied for 3 jobs and 2 hired me i have a full time job and a part time to save $$ for school... the pay is not bad full time is $13.50 40 hrs a week and the part time $12.00 20 hrs a week
You even get paid better at your part time than my full time lol ($9.hr)

Ok, I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now

lol jk

That's nice though. We young ppl should bust our behinds now that we are young and save so when we are older we can have it a little bit easier. Idk just my opinion.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Guti_90
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Guti_90
Find all posts by Guti_90
#153
02-25-2013, 09:53 PM
Junior Member
Joined in Dec 2012
17 posts
jesusrobles
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guti_90 View Post
You even get paid better at your part time than my full time lol ($9.hr)

Ok, I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now

lol jk

That's nice though. We young ppl should bust our behinds now that we are young and save so when we are older we can have it a little bit easier. Idk just my opinion.
ive been lucky bro 1 week later after receiving my EAD I found 2 jobs and right now im interviewing for a new job that pays better medical billing
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jesusrobles
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jesusrobles
Find all posts by jesusrobles
#154
02-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Senior Member
From Connecticut
Joined in Mar 2009
8,670 posts
2Face's Avatar
2Face
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guti_90 View Post
You even get paid better at your part time than my full time lol ($9.hr)

Ok, I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now

lol jk

That's nice though. We young ppl should bust our behinds now that we are young and save so when we are older we can have it a little bit easier. Idk just my opinion.
I got a $9 job right now as well. Yes, its difficult but I think we should focus on getting experience for now. Hopefully your financial situation isn't difficult. But definitely keep the job..good luck!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
2Face
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 2Face
Find all posts by 2Face
#155
02-25-2013, 11:44 PM
Member
Joined in Jan 2013
58 posts
Guti_90
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Face View Post
I got a $9 job right now as well. Yes, its difficult but I think we should focus on getting experience for now. Hopefully your financial situation isn't difficult. But definitely keep the job..good luck!
Thanks

And it was starting to get difficult since my dad was out of work and my mom and sister only working 4 days a week. That's why I had to take my old job back (being a porter/housekeeping etc). My mom didn't really wanted me to take it back since she said I won't learn anything there, which is true. She wants me to get a job where I can learn SOMETHING but I was getting desperate and wasn't finding anything that I was decided to take it back. It's not the worst job I had. I had worst jobs like picking up oranges, cucumber (labor stuff) , also pine kneedling. Atleast I have a job inside a building now lol . I'm still going to keep looking for a better place though. Don't want to be a porter all my life!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Guti_90
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Guti_90
Find all posts by Guti_90
#156
02-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2012
335 posts
carlo_flash's Avatar
carlo_flash
0 AP
Yup... we need the experience as of now
__________________
Self Prep App Sent:08/24/2012; Arizona Lockbox received:08/27/2012; I-797C Notice of Action Received: 08/30/2012; Biometrics Walk-in (CA SC): 09/18/2012; DACA/EAD Approval: 12/06/2012 until 12/05/2014; EAD Arrival: 12/12/2012;SSN Application: 12/13/2012; SSN Received:12/18/2012;CA DL Received: 01/07/2013 Renewal Received: 08/4/2014; Biometrics Walk-in: 09/01/2014; Working Permit Renewed: 10/30/2014; DACA Renewed:10/31/2014
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
carlo_flash
View Public Profile
Send a private message to carlo_flash
Find all posts by carlo_flash
#157
02-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Junior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
12 posts
ShiroiAria's Avatar
ShiroiAria
0 AP
I applied almost everywhere but only got 2 job interviews. 1st one at the flower shop never called back. The one at Joann fabrics was going ok until the company that does their BG check was unable to validate my SSN. I'm still trying to fix that problem without luck D:
__________________
As far as I can remember.. "I wasn't born into this world to please anyone"
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
ShiroiAria
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ShiroiAria
Find all posts by ShiroiAria
#158
02-27-2013, 12:29 AM
Member
Joined in Aug 2012
34 posts
Ralphning
0 AP
Ive also been having problems with background checks.

they cant match my information to my ssn.. :/

has anyone found a solution to this?
__________________
Date Sent - 8/18/12 Lockbox- Dallas Lockbox Mailing Method- FedEx Priority Overnight Delivered - 8/20/12 (signed by W.STEPHENSON) Emails - 8/23/12 Receipt Letters- 8/26/12 Biometrics- 9/24/12 Biometrics Completed- 9/7/12 Status- Approved 9/28/12
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Ralphning
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Ralphning
Find all posts by Ralphning
#159
02-27-2013, 05:39 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2012
335 posts
carlo_flash's Avatar
carlo_flash
0 AP
I wonder what happened to our BC
__________________
Self Prep App Sent:08/24/2012; Arizona Lockbox received:08/27/2012; I-797C Notice of Action Received: 08/30/2012; Biometrics Walk-in (CA SC): 09/18/2012; DACA/EAD Approval: 12/06/2012 until 12/05/2014; EAD Arrival: 12/12/2012;SSN Application: 12/13/2012; SSN Received:12/18/2012;CA DL Received: 01/07/2013 Renewal Received: 08/4/2014; Biometrics Walk-in: 09/01/2014; Working Permit Renewed: 10/30/2014; DACA Renewed:10/31/2014
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
carlo_flash
View Public Profile
Send a private message to carlo_flash
Find all posts by carlo_flash
#160
02-27-2013, 05:51 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Apr 2012
814 posts
DamLeon123
0 AP
Ok ok I need to vent little about this absolute BS. Anyone that is an older DACA aprovee had been asked why have they not worked during the last several years?

I went to an interview yesterday and I think it went fine but the lady was kind of consfused because I am 31 and had never had a job before. She thought that I had just gotten here from Mexico. Ofcourse I have worked but I can't say that cause I used a false name and ssn. How crappy is this BS. I told her that I had been going to school but still this kind of crap sucks as and goes to highlight the super crappines of it all.
Well, lady if you country did not have such an aboslute shitty system like when you turn 21 and you are shit out of luck (like in my case) then what can you do but survive and work with some madep up crap.
US IMMIGRATION= KISS MY slightly BROWN ASS.

Should I had also said that I hadjust gotten my EAD? I think that some people might not like the idea of hiring a foreiner or someone with DACA that is why I will not bring it up unless I have to, agian US IMMIGRATION= KISS MY slightly BROWN ASS.
__________________
Hello ya'll
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
DamLeon123
View Public Profile
Send a private message to DamLeon123
Find all posts by DamLeon123
  • « first
  • ‹ previous
  • 6
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • next ›
  • last »


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.