• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

The Six Month Club - Page 25

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • « first
  • ‹ previous
  • 5
  • 15
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 35
  • 45
  • 55
  • 65
  • next ›
  • last »
#241
03-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Nov 2012
610 posts
Infamousknight's Avatar
Infamousknight
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDxOD View Post
Shoot for York, they have a PA program but just know its not the end if you dont get it. You can get your bachelors from any of the cuny's and just apply to PA programs (like St. Johns).
St. John's is expensive but great school.
__________________
DACA Approval: 3-19-2013
DACA Renewal 1 Approved: 3/19/2015
DACA Renewal 1 Approved: 2/09/2017
"Patience is the key to Success" - Bill Gates
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Infamousknight
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Infamousknight
Find all posts by Infamousknight
#242
03-08-2013, 02:18 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Jun 2008
1,912 posts
MDxOD's Avatar
MDxOD
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitagreencard View Post
I graduated from Queensborough. I miss chilling on top of the hill to watch the ducks run the field lol. So chill.
I took a some college classes at QCC when i was in HS. We out here!!!!! #grandhustlin
__________________
DACA Timeline
||Vermont|| 9/14 -> 4/18||Approved||
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
MDxOD
View Public Profile
Send a private message to MDxOD
Find all posts by MDxOD
#243
03-08-2013, 02:45 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Nov 2012
610 posts
Infamousknight's Avatar
Infamousknight
0 AP
I say...after we all get our approvals and EAD cards...we hit up Studio Square.
__________________
DACA Approval: 3-19-2013
DACA Renewal 1 Approved: 3/19/2015
DACA Renewal 1 Approved: 2/09/2017
"Patience is the key to Success" - Bill Gates
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Infamousknight
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Infamousknight
Find all posts by Infamousknight
#244
03-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2007
832 posts
anitagreencard's Avatar
anitagreencard
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDxOD View Post
I took a some college classes at QCC when i was in HS. We out here!!!!! #grandhustlin
#allday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamousknight View Post
I say...after we all get our approvals and EAD cards...we hit up Studio Square.
Oh snap, it's getting mad queens up in this thread. I'm so with that. Studio square is the best on a warm summer night. Hopefully we'll be approved before we see that kind of weather..
__________________
Sent:9-17-2012 | Delivered: 9-18-2012 | Electronic I-797C Received: 9-20-2012 routed to Vermont |
I-797C Received:9-24-2012| Biometrics Appt: 9-27-2012 for 10-23-2012| Biometrics Walk-in: 10-9-2012 |
Approved: 6-5-13 | EAD Arrived: 6-10-13
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
anitagreencard
View Public Profile
Send a private message to anitagreencard
Find all posts by anitagreencard
#245
03-08-2013, 06:41 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2007
832 posts
anitagreencard's Avatar
anitagreencard
0 AP
Has anyone had any dreams about being approved? I just woke up from one. What a freakin bummer man, it felt so real lol. I'm going back to sleep. ZzzzZz
__________________
Sent:9-17-2012 | Delivered: 9-18-2012 | Electronic I-797C Received: 9-20-2012 routed to Vermont |
I-797C Received:9-24-2012| Biometrics Appt: 9-27-2012 for 10-23-2012| Biometrics Walk-in: 10-9-2012 |
Approved: 6-5-13 | EAD Arrived: 6-10-13
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
anitagreencard
View Public Profile
Send a private message to anitagreencard
Find all posts by anitagreencard
#246
03-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
2,561 posts
butterflynans
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitagreencard View Post
Has anyone had any dreams about being approved? I just woke up from one. What a freakin bummer man, it felt so real lol. I'm going back to sleep. ZzzzZz
That certainly means you'll get approved soon.
A while back I dreamed about the opposite i have no idea why but i was in my lawyers office and i didnt qualify (but i do) i guess i just spent too much time telling people who came here @16 that they didnt qualify

But i think ur dream is a dream i wish i dreamed

On a quasi similar dream before i got accepted to college i dreamed i got in and woke up wishing to find my acceptance letter.... Later later i was approved and got a call before the letter...
So mayb i'll call today
__________________
Hoping for CIR
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
butterflynans
View Public Profile
Send a private message to butterflynans
Find all posts by butterflynans
#247
03-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Nov 2012
610 posts
Infamousknight's Avatar
Infamousknight
0 AP
@anitagreencard Studio Square during the summer is the best.

Also...yeah that happened to me Today...and a few days ago. lol

Another thing, I contacted to NYSYLC, they were in touch with my case during the summer. So...I guess don't panic and be patient.


"Thanks for contacting us. Yes, there are a lot of people waiting to hear back and are about to get to their 6 months. We suggest being patient! And do not panic. Also, we suggest to start searching for a job if that is what you would like to do. Get your resume ready, start networking, and looking for jobs that might interest you.
You can also start studying to take the written driver's test, in case you would like to obtain your NY driver's license. Go to the DMVs office and ask for a driver's boklet or you can also study online. "
__________________
DACA Approval: 3-19-2013
DACA Renewal 1 Approved: 3/19/2015
DACA Renewal 1 Approved: 2/09/2017
"Patience is the key to Success" - Bill Gates
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Infamousknight
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Infamousknight
Find all posts by Infamousknight
#248
03-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Member
Joined in Jan 2013
83 posts
ramiro_rodri
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkit View Post
i have always kept up with the lounge for the past 1 year but never wrote anything so here it is.

6 months as of last Wednesday ( Feb 27 2013)
I did a service request last week too. I called and the lady told me to wait until March 13th for some reason ??? I got a email about the service request a day later saying
"Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times


The status of this service request is:

We have received your request stating that your Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (Form I-821D) is currently outside the normal processing times.

Currently U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services do not have a processing time for this form type."
.........
Everything is cutting close together.
I have been in removal proceedings since 2010 and i have been pushing my court date for two years now and now my lawyer says i can't push it back any longer and i have to show up on March 26.
I Cried last night with a couple of friends because its been a heck of a emotional ride. God has saved me from myself countless times. I have thought about suicide many times back in 2011. now I just get depressed but its amazing how God Gives me strength to live. I have a beautiful family sisters, nieces, ( i am not married) . I have a beautiful God-fearing girlfriend. and have cool job ( teaching acting, assistant director of a performing arts company for the past 4 years) and another tiring one ( waiter for catering) but it doesn't bring enough money. I now only live with my mom, who is also illegal and works so hard cleaning houses. i came here when i was 3 from Brasil. I live in a nice place got clean clothes, nice phone and ......... basically What I don't have, I want. What I have is a lot but I do not need.Yet my life has not been supplied by what I have obtained but by what I needed. And the thing I don't have has become the thorn in my flesh that I think I need. The more I focus on the thorn the deeper it goes in.The more I look at what I do have, the more I forget what I truly need.When I look at what I have and see what I want, I cannot know what I actually need. So I deny what I want and forget what I have so that I can see what I need.

and God will get all the glory.

from North Miami Beach, FL
Application Delivered - 08/27/2012 to Vermont
Date of Biometrics Appointment -Done- Walk in
No RFE
EAD Approval-?????

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Expres...02282409818380
You will be okay.... I wish i had a court date so they could hear my case.... God is with you!!! And you are in my prayers!!! I admire your courage as well as you family.... I feel very close to your story and i have definately felt like that before.... But when i see people that have papers and are here legally but are not able to walk or see, etc..... I realize how blessed we are because i rather have no papers but be healthy and have my family beside me... YOU WILL BE OKAY.... KEEP YOUR FAITH
__________________
Applications Submitted : Sept 3, 2012 Application Received: Sept 5, 2012 Bio Appointment: Went on October 1st and had a finger injury. They only took my pic and i had to come back on Friday Oct 5 for the fingerprints

APPROVED APRIL 6, 2013 Yeyiiiah
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
ramiro_rodri
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ramiro_rodri
Find all posts by ramiro_rodri
#249
03-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
148 posts
Dreamer9
0 AP
it seems like it was very sloww for cali this week
hope next week is better.
__________________
Sent: August 21st
Received: August 27th
To: California Cervice Center
Biometrics taken: Sept.20th
Approval: March 13th, 2013 (THANKFUL)
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Dreamer9
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Dreamer9
Find all posts by Dreamer9
#250
03-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jan 2013
135 posts
MMA
0 AP
Just got off the phone with them again and "Josh" told me the same message I've heard 1000 times about just waiting. I swear I'm going f*cling bananas here! Feel so helpless I'm so used to being able to fight for things just sitting back and waiting is killing me!!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
MMA
View Public Profile
Send a private message to MMA
Find all posts by MMA
  • « first
  • ‹ previous
  • 5
  • 15
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 35
  • 45
  • 55
  • 65
  • next ›
  • last »


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.