• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

Community College Problems.

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • 1
  • 2
  • next ›
#1
03-28-2013, 11:49 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Dec 2012
101 posts
htmbsyht
0 AP
Hey Guys, I'm not sure if theres a thread for this but I'm posting this anyway.

So today I went to Fullerton College, which I will begin in June to clear my residency so I can apply for the BOG fee waiver. I went and it turns out that I wasn't cleared and I asked the lady if I can apply for the BOG since she didnt know what the deffered action is (I swear, idiots.... -__-) she said no. I told her that I am eligible for it since I was approved. So When I got home I tried to apply for it and it said exactly what it said two weeks ago; I'm not a resident so I can't apply. ugh. The school will be closed until Monday. I was wondering if this has happened to any of you guys.... please help me out or give me advice. I seriously have no idea what to do. New to this whole college thing.
__________________
Application done by: Myself Packet finished: 10/30/2012
Sent: 10/31/2012 to Phoenix Lock box, California service center Delivered: 11/01/2012 at 12pm
I-797 forms received: 11/07/2012 Biometrics Appt. And done on 12/03/2012 at El Monte, California Approved: 1-17-2013 SSN Received: 2-1-2013
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
htmbsyht
View Public Profile
Send a private message to htmbsyht
Find all posts by htmbsyht
#2
03-29-2013, 12:01 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Nov 2012
15,081 posts
Pianoswithoutfaith's Avatar
Pianoswithoutfaith
30 AP
Thought it has been cleared that DACA does grant Legal lawful status but in the form of <i>presence</i> lots of people get this confused but in reality will not be deported for a period of 2 years. However, some states have a different definition on this matter and some concluded that DACA does NOT grant a lawful status (which really is presence) because you are STILL with out authorization but you won't be deported or deferred for 2 years. That is all DACA grants. So some states concluded that is does not qualify for a legal lawful status (again is presence) . That being said, look at the schools site and look for the requirements to apply and then look for your state definition of lawful legal status/presence.

also does the BOG fee waiver have other requirements like a diploma?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Face View Post
I personally knew that if he wins he's not going to be touching DACA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Face View Post
I hope Trump wins second term.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 View Post
Tranny is not derogatory term dummy
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Pianoswithoutfaith
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Pianoswithoutfaith
Find all posts by Pianoswithoutfaith
#3
03-29-2013, 12:02 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Nov 2012
15,081 posts
Pianoswithoutfaith's Avatar
Pianoswithoutfaith
30 AP
btw is this the application you are talking about?

http://cms.cerritos.edu/uploads/Fina...ial_FW_App.pdf


Can I apply if I am not a U.S. citizen?

Yes, you can apply as long as you are determined to be a California resident by the Admissions and Records Office. AB540 students can also apply using the Special Application for AB540 - Board of Governors Fee Waiver Application


Do you have a cali diploma?



http://cms.cerritos.edu/financial-ai...fee-waiver.htm
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Face View Post
I personally knew that if he wins he's not going to be touching DACA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Face View Post
I hope Trump wins second term.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 View Post
Tranny is not derogatory term dummy
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Pianoswithoutfaith
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Pianoswithoutfaith
Find all posts by Pianoswithoutfaith
#4
03-29-2013, 12:22 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
4,293 posts
FlyinAgainstTheWind
0 AP
First of all you don't need DACA for the BOG waiver. You had to ask the lady for the AB540 application because you are an ab540 student. If you don't qualify for ab540 you don't qualify for bowg. Bowg and the CA dream act are under AB130 and AB131.
__________________
Sent 10/19->WAC accepted 10/24
I-797 arrived 10/27
Biometrics letter arrived 10/29 Biometrics done 11/20
EAD: February 7, 2013 SSN:Already Have DL:Gonna take a month or two..haha.never bothered to learn..too scurred
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
FlyinAgainstTheWind
View Public Profile
Send a private message to FlyinAgainstTheWind
Find all posts by FlyinAgainstTheWind
#5
03-29-2013, 12:24 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Dec 2012
101 posts
htmbsyht
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith View Post
btw is this the application you are talking about?

http://cms.cerritos.edu/uploads/Fina...ial_FW_App.pdf


Can I apply if I am not a U.S. citizen?

Yes, you can apply as long as you are determined to be a California resident by the Admissions and Records Office. AB540 students can also apply using the Special Application for AB540 - Board of Governors Fee Waiver Application


Do you have a cali diploma?



http://cms.cerritos.edu/financial-ai...fee-waiver.htm
yes, but they lady told me to apply online...

And I know about the lawful presence, I was asking if people have had the same issue as me, because my gateway isn't letting me apply.
__________________
Application done by: Myself Packet finished: 10/30/2012
Sent: 10/31/2012 to Phoenix Lock box, California service center Delivered: 11/01/2012 at 12pm
I-797 forms received: 11/07/2012 Biometrics Appt. And done on 12/03/2012 at El Monte, California Approved: 1-17-2013 SSN Received: 2-1-2013
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
htmbsyht
View Public Profile
Send a private message to htmbsyht
Find all posts by htmbsyht
#6
03-29-2013, 12:35 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Dec 2012
101 posts
htmbsyht
0 AP
Oh btw I moved here three years ago from Arizona and graduated June of 2012. Not sure if this helpful enough.
__________________
Application done by: Myself Packet finished: 10/30/2012
Sent: 10/31/2012 to Phoenix Lock box, California service center Delivered: 11/01/2012 at 12pm
I-797 forms received: 11/07/2012 Biometrics Appt. And done on 12/03/2012 at El Monte, California Approved: 1-17-2013 SSN Received: 2-1-2013
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
htmbsyht
View Public Profile
Send a private message to htmbsyht
Find all posts by htmbsyht
#7
03-29-2013, 12:42 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
4,293 posts
FlyinAgainstTheWind
0 AP
You need to have attended a California high school for a minimum of 3 years and have a high school diploma. Have you filled the AB540 application and is it on file with your campus?
__________________
Sent 10/19->WAC accepted 10/24
I-797 arrived 10/27
Biometrics letter arrived 10/29 Biometrics done 11/20
EAD: February 7, 2013 SSN:Already Have DL:Gonna take a month or two..haha.never bothered to learn..too scurred
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
FlyinAgainstTheWind
View Public Profile
Send a private message to FlyinAgainstTheWind
Find all posts by FlyinAgainstTheWind
#8
03-29-2013, 12:45 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Dec 2012
101 posts
htmbsyht
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinAgainstTheWind View Post
You need to have attended a California high school for a minimum of 3 years and have a high school diploma. Have you filled the AB540 application and is it on file with your campus?
I have a high school diploma and attended here for 2 1/2.

Its confusing me because, I call the school and they tell me one thing and now another thing here.
__________________
Application done by: Myself Packet finished: 10/30/2012
Sent: 10/31/2012 to Phoenix Lock box, California service center Delivered: 11/01/2012 at 12pm
I-797 forms received: 11/07/2012 Biometrics Appt. And done on 12/03/2012 at El Monte, California Approved: 1-17-2013 SSN Received: 2-1-2013
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
htmbsyht
View Public Profile
Send a private message to htmbsyht
Find all posts by htmbsyht
#9
03-29-2013, 12:54 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
4,293 posts
FlyinAgainstTheWind
0 AP
No dude. If you didn't grow up here I can see how you are having issues. But, here you go

http://admissions.fullcoll.edu/Admis...rmination.html

Step 1: Apply for admissions and fill an AB540 affidavit with the school so they put you down as an ab540 student. The school will need your high school transcripts showing you have attended a CA high school for at least 3 years.

Then
Step 2: Is applying for the Bowg waiver
Step 3: Apply for the CA dream act when the next application becomes available.
http://admissions.fullcoll.edu/Admis...rmination.html

If you read the above link it says you can apply for bowg waiver under method A or B
http://financialaid.fullcoll.edu/bogfw11-12.html
__________________
Sent 10/19->WAC accepted 10/24
I-797 arrived 10/27
Biometrics letter arrived 10/29 Biometrics done 11/20
EAD: February 7, 2013 SSN:Already Have DL:Gonna take a month or two..haha.never bothered to learn..too scurred
Last edited by FlyinAgainstTheWind; 03-29-2013 at 01:52 AM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
FlyinAgainstTheWind
View Public Profile
Send a private message to FlyinAgainstTheWind
Find all posts by FlyinAgainstTheWind
#10
03-29-2013, 01:06 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Dec 2012
101 posts
htmbsyht
0 AP
Yeah wow that kinda ruined my day. Method B applies to us. Since my parents make very little. Been job hunting for two months now...
__________________
Application done by: Myself Packet finished: 10/30/2012
Sent: 10/31/2012 to Phoenix Lock box, California service center Delivered: 11/01/2012 at 12pm
I-797 forms received: 11/07/2012 Biometrics Appt. And done on 12/03/2012 at El Monte, California Approved: 1-17-2013 SSN Received: 2-1-2013
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
htmbsyht
View Public Profile
Send a private message to htmbsyht
Find all posts by htmbsyht
  • 1
  • 2
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.