• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > Other Topics > New Members

Hello guys, I'm new :D - Page 2

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
#11
04-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Mar 2007
1,617 posts
frbc13's Avatar
frbc13
0 AP
Yes I could do it over here but they did not teach what i want at the local college and it's so exciting that I'm going to move to Miami and meet new people and party . You can do it at Jacksonville there's no need to travel unless you like adventures like me
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
frbc13
View Public Profile
Send a private message to frbc13
Find all posts by frbc13
#12
04-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Senior Member
From FL
Joined in Mar 2007
1,300 posts
erikasxoxo's Avatar
erikasxoxo
0 AP
oh! no... I just want to go to college... My main goal would to eventually go to a University, but in my situation, I'll take anything............ i'll follow your advice, im going over to the comunity college first thing this week, and enrolling in any class i can get my hands on!
__________________
"I do not take drugs, I AM drugs"
S. Dali
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
erikasxoxo
View Public Profile
Send a private message to erikasxoxo
Visit erikasxoxo's homepage!
Find all posts by erikasxoxo
#13
04-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Mar 2007
1,617 posts
frbc13's Avatar
frbc13
0 AP
Most community colleges have admission advisors, it would be even better if you talk to one of them at their office and explain everything to them and they'll understand you're not the only one.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
frbc13
View Public Profile
Send a private message to frbc13
Find all posts by frbc13
#14
04-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Senior Member
From FL
Joined in Mar 2007
1,300 posts
erikasxoxo's Avatar
erikasxoxo
0 AP
yeah, i hope they do... is just that jacksonville isn't exactly the most open-minded city...
__________________
"I do not take drugs, I AM drugs"
S. Dali
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
erikasxoxo
View Public Profile
Send a private message to erikasxoxo
Visit erikasxoxo's homepage!
Find all posts by erikasxoxo
#15
04-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Mar 2007
1,617 posts
frbc13's Avatar
frbc13
0 AP
Just bring all of your other documentation, such as passport. and have your school mail them your transcripst or if you have them in and official sealed school envelope bring them with you. Admission is not the issue, how to pay for it is but it's possible. If the government doesn't want you to go to college so they can have somebody to pick their fruits you try your hardest and go to college and tell the government to kiss your ass.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
frbc13
View Public Profile
Send a private message to frbc13
Find all posts by frbc13
#16
04-22-2007, 08:08 PM
Senior Member
From FL
Joined in Mar 2007
1,300 posts
erikasxoxo's Avatar
erikasxoxo
0 AP
yeah... nobody will keep me down, im getting an education one way or another... Im going to try to go this very week... i'll let you know here what happens...

thanks for the help and encouragement...!
__________________
"I do not take drugs, I AM drugs"
S. Dali
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
erikasxoxo
View Public Profile
Send a private message to erikasxoxo
Visit erikasxoxo's homepage!
Find all posts by erikasxoxo
#17
04-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Junior Member
Joined in Apr 2007
1 posts
pammy1329
0 AP
I am also undocumented and attended Miami Dade Community College, the Homestead Campus. After the first semester, my grades were so good I qualified for the Honors Program and at the time they were giving free rides to the Honors Students. You could look into this to see if there's something like that in your college.
I graduated in 2003 from the Honors Program with an AA. It can be done.
Now, I'm stuck because I want to be a teacher and I need a SSN and a background check before I can do my internship at a Florida School, but at least I have my AA degree.
I hope this helps. Best of luck to both of you!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
pammy1329
View Public Profile
Send a private message to pammy1329
Find all posts by pammy1329
#18
04-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Senior Member
From FL
Joined in Mar 2007
1,300 posts
erikasxoxo's Avatar
erikasxoxo
0 AP
Thank you Knowing that you did it gives me hope
__________________
"I do not take drugs, I AM drugs"
S. Dali
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
erikasxoxo
View Public Profile
Send a private message to erikasxoxo
Visit erikasxoxo's homepage!
Find all posts by erikasxoxo
#19
04-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Member
Joined in Apr 2007
60 posts
azdreamer
0 AP
I also got a free ride from an honor's program so don't even sweat it
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
azdreamer
View Public Profile
Send a private message to azdreamer
Find all posts by azdreamer
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.