• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

Employment Related Thread for DACA Approved - Page 17

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • « first
  • ‹ previous
  • 7
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • next ›
#161
06-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Nov 2012
145 posts
PakkAttackk
0 AP
I recently got hired & I did orientation today. While I was filling out a form, I noticed we had to give ID & prove we're able to work (on the I-9 Form, I believe), I brought this up once to the store manager & he said ignore it so I did but I really wanted to change it but I couldn't because I felt like I was being rushed to hurry up & finish the forms. Like I said, I brought it up to him once but I have a bad feeling that I didn't elaborate it enough, in my opinion, to make him think that I need to change it. I also saw a printout of the results of my form & it said that I gave information that I was a US Citizen, which we are not, we are DACA. I plan on talking to him about this soon & have called twice but no answer. I really need other opinions from DACA employees, what should I do? I don't wanna get into any trouble so please help.
__________________
Application Sent: 9/11/12 from FL.
Delivered: 9/12/12 to Texas Lockbox, SC: Vermont.
Biometrics Received: 9/18/12 for 10/15/12.
Biometrics Completed: 10/15/12.
Approved: 1/16/13
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
PakkAttackk
View Public Profile
Send a private message to PakkAttackk
Find all posts by PakkAttackk
#162
06-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Apr 2009
783 posts
victor85
280 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphning View Post
Ive also been having problems with background checks.

they cant match my information to my ssn.. :/

has anyone found a solution to this?
At my company, they cannot match my information to my SSN either. This problem typically arises when the company employs a third party private company to conduct the background check. So, there are several solutions to it:

1) You could simply present them the physical SSN card and hopefully they'll sign off. At my company, they let me do it.

2) Another solution suggested by the HR at my company: You could request a FBI report of your criminal history. On the FBI report, your SSN would be shown, proving that the SSN belongs to you.

http://codysinvestigations.com/NorCa...ingerprinting/

You can read more from the above website of how to conduct a background check on yourself.
__________________
|Date of initial EAD| 4/1/2013, expire 3/31/2015
|1st renewal| expire 3/6/2017
|2nd renewal| expire 3/6/2019
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
victor85
View Public Profile
Send a private message to victor85
Find all posts by victor85
#163
06-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Nov 2012
157 posts
Jon
0 AP
officially my first day to work at UPS! !
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Jon
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Jon
Find all posts by Jon
#164
06-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
146 posts
Dreamer24
0 AP
I passed my Walmart background check without a problem and start tomorrow
__________________
Approved: 9/11/12 ----- Renewal Date Sent: 6/06/14 | Lockbox: Chicago | Mailing Method: USPS Priority Express | Date Arrived: 6/09/14| G-1145 Received: 6/12/14 at 11:23PM | Routed: Nebraska| I-797C Receipt Received: 6/17/14 | Biometrics: 6/23/14 for 7/08/14| Biometrics Walk In: 6/24/14|
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Dreamer24
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Dreamer24
Find all posts by Dreamer24
#165
06-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2012
335 posts
carlo_flash's Avatar
carlo_flash
0 AP


Glad some are getting jobs now.
Yay
__________________
Self Prep App Sent:08/24/2012; Arizona Lockbox received:08/27/2012; I-797C Notice of Action Received: 08/30/2012; Biometrics Walk-in (CA SC): 09/18/2012; DACA/EAD Approval: 12/06/2012 until 12/05/2014; EAD Arrival: 12/12/2012;SSN Application: 12/13/2012; SSN Received:12/18/2012;CA DL Received: 01/07/2013 Renewal Received: 08/4/2014; Biometrics Walk-in: 09/01/2014; Working Permit Renewed: 10/30/2014; DACA Renewed:10/31/2014
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
carlo_flash
View Public Profile
Send a private message to carlo_flash
Find all posts by carlo_flash
#166
06-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Feb 2008
163 posts
geniev31
0 AP
I just started looking for jobs cause I just got approved. I'm a college graduate with no job experience. I'm, looking online so far, but soon I will start going out in person. My problem is that I don't have a car or license yet, but I'm working on it. I would like a job related to healthcare so I have some experience when I apply for a nursing job. Any tips for getting a job in a clinic or hospital? Even if its at the bottom, I have to start somewhere.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
geniev31
View Public Profile
Send a private message to geniev31
Find all posts by geniev31
#167
06-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2012
335 posts
carlo_flash's Avatar
carlo_flash
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by geniev31 View Post
I just started looking for jobs cause I just got approved. I'm a college graduate with no job experience. I'm, looking online so far, but soon I will start going out in person. My problem is that I don't have a car or license yet, but I'm working on it. I would like a job related to healthcare so I have some experience when I apply for a nursing job. Any tips for getting a job in a clinic or hospital? Even if its at the bottom, I have to start somewhere.


DO u have a nursing degree? Apply everywhere.
If u don't have a degree but want to get into nursing, try cna/caregiver type of jobs. At least, it would look good on your resume when you apply later on.
__________________
Self Prep App Sent:08/24/2012; Arizona Lockbox received:08/27/2012; I-797C Notice of Action Received: 08/30/2012; Biometrics Walk-in (CA SC): 09/18/2012; DACA/EAD Approval: 12/06/2012 until 12/05/2014; EAD Arrival: 12/12/2012;SSN Application: 12/13/2012; SSN Received:12/18/2012;CA DL Received: 01/07/2013 Renewal Received: 08/4/2014; Biometrics Walk-in: 09/01/2014; Working Permit Renewed: 10/30/2014; DACA Renewed:10/31/2014
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
carlo_flash
View Public Profile
Send a private message to carlo_flash
Find all posts by carlo_flash
#168
06-26-2013, 10:08 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2010
231 posts
SaintD's Avatar
SaintD
0 AP
So I had an interview last week and they called me on monday with a job offer. I accepted it and they said they would call me back with a start date once my background check was complete. Today the HR called me and she said they where having issues with my SSN.

This is bull****, i waited for so long to get my EAD and SSN and it feel like it was a useless wait. Whats the point of having a work permit if when they go to check it they can find record of it.
__________________
App Sent- 11/19/2012
Biometrics (walk-in) done- 12/04/2012
RFE received 3/13/2013
RFE sent-4/29/2013
EAD/DACA approval- 5/15/2013
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
SaintD
View Public Profile
Send a private message to SaintD
Find all posts by SaintD
#169
06-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Feb 2012
101 posts
onedaywillbefree's Avatar
onedaywillbefree
0 AP
just got a job at t-mobile
__________________
DACA Sent: 9/05 | DACA Received: 9/12 | G-1145 Email: 9/12
I-797C Received: 9/12 | Bio. Notification: 9/21 | Bio. App.: 10/05 Bio Walk-in: 9/21 | Approval Notice: Nov 13(both DACA&EAD) | EAD Received: Nov 17 | SSN Receviedec 1 | Temp DL Recevied: Dec 17
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
onedaywillbefree
View Public Profile
Send a private message to onedaywillbefree
Find all posts by onedaywillbefree
#170
06-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jan 2013
374 posts
MrsK
0 AP
I got a job right after DACA. Big company, great pay. I work in their laboratory (I am a biologist!). It felt really good when I went to turn in my documents...Background check, e-verify, drug test...No problems at all! THank God for DACA. And thank you so much, Mr. President!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
MrsK
View Public Profile
Send a private message to MrsK
Find all posts by MrsK
  • « first
  • ‹ previous
  • 7
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.