• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

Need people to interview for DACA anniversary!!

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • 1
  • 2
  • next ›
#1
08-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Member
Joined in Apr 2013
76 posts
esther
0 AP
Hi guys!

As a DACA beneficiary, I’m super excited to see all the support that everyone is giving to one another.

Anyway, I’m working as an immigration reporter so I’d love to be able to interview some of you who have received DACA. Would any of you be willing to be interviewed by email, phone, or in person if you're in the Washington, DC area? I promise I won't bite!

It’s going to be an upbeat article, so if you’re interested, please send me a private message and I will (almost) immediately get back to you with more information. It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. I will use your first name and location, but not your last if you're uncomfortable (ex: Esther from Washington, DC). I need about 5-7 people. And finally, I would love to be able to get interviews done by Wed, 8/14.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you can forward this to your networks.

People I'm looking for:
- Must be a DACA recipient.
- You must have a job (Preferably I'd love to get people with a broad range of careers).

Thanks for reading,
Esther
Last edited by esther; 08-12-2013 at 09:22 AM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
esther
View Public Profile
Send a private message to esther
Find all posts by esther
#2
08-12-2013, 11:25 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Apr 2013
1,014 posts
TexanJose's Avatar
TexanJose
0 AP
You should also interview the ones that have almost been waiting for a year, be unbiased.
__________________
Original: App. Received by USCIS: 04/15/2013 - Approvals: i821d 04/14/2014 & i765 04/17/2014
Renewal: Received by USCIS on 11/25/2015 - ASC on 12/23/2015 - Approved
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
TexanJose
View Public Profile
Send a private message to TexanJose
Find all posts by TexanJose
#3
08-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2010
1,367 posts
Task_1539's Avatar
Task_1539
0 AP
Waiting for a year lol. Holy shit.
__________________
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Task_1539
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Task_1539
Find all posts by Task_1539
#4
08-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Apr 2013
1,014 posts
TexanJose's Avatar
TexanJose
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Task_1539 View Post
Waiting for a year lol. Holy shit.
You haven't seen the '11 month club' thread? I would post link but I'm on my phone lol.
__________________
Original: App. Received by USCIS: 04/15/2013 - Approvals: i821d 04/14/2014 & i765 04/17/2014
Renewal: Received by USCIS on 11/25/2015 - ASC on 12/23/2015 - Approved
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
TexanJose
View Public Profile
Send a private message to TexanJose
Find all posts by TexanJose
#5
08-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2010
3,742 posts
MIdreamer's Avatar
MIdreamer
0 AP
I can do the interview, but I don't want to use my first name.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
MIdreamer
View Public Profile
Send a private message to MIdreamer
Find all posts by MIdreamer
#6
08-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jul 2012
372 posts
ThelmaM
0 AP
Did you find all the people you needed already?
__________________
Mailed: 4/5/13Received: 4/9/13Routed to Nebraska: 4/11/13Received Receipt Letters: 4/15/13Received Biometrics Letter: 4/29/13Biometrics Appointment: 5/21/13Approved: 7/22/13
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
ThelmaM
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ThelmaM
Find all posts by ThelmaM
#7
08-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Member
Joined in Apr 2013
76 posts
esther
0 AP
Nope! Would still like more! I'm DM-ing you now.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
esther
View Public Profile
Send a private message to esther
Find all posts by esther
#8
08-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Member
Joined in Apr 2013
76 posts
esther
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanJose View Post
You should also interview the ones that have almost been waiting for a year, be unbiased.
I didn't see this post earlier. I'd love to write about people who have been waiting for a year, but for this particular article, my editor wants me to focus on just the ones who are working as a result of DACA. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
esther
View Public Profile
Send a private message to esther
Find all posts by esther
#9
08-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Junior Member
Joined in Jul 2013
28 posts
vlzqz1080
0 AP
so how much $ does this pay?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
vlzqz1080
View Public Profile
Send a private message to vlzqz1080
Find all posts by vlzqz1080
#10
08-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Senior Member
From Fort Worth, Texas
Joined in Dec 2008
904 posts
john_smith's Avatar
john_smith
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlzqz1080 View Post
so how much $ does this pay?
1$ plus tax
__________________
`
Daca.Us, a site for dreamers like you and me:


Daca.Us
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
john_smith
View Public Profile
Send a private message to john_smith
Find all posts by john_smith
  • 1
  • 2
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.