• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

New York State Medicaid and DACA - Page 4

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • next ›
#31
04-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2007
832 posts
anitagreencard's Avatar
anitagreencard
0 AP
How can we get real answers to these questions? Like for real.
__________________
Sent:9-17-2012 | Delivered: 9-18-2012 | Electronic I-797C Received: 9-20-2012 routed to Vermont |
I-797C Received:9-24-2012| Biometrics Appt: 9-27-2012 for 10-23-2012| Biometrics Walk-in: 10-9-2012 |
Approved: 6-5-13 | EAD Arrived: 6-10-13
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
anitagreencard
View Public Profile
Send a private message to anitagreencard
Find all posts by anitagreencard
#32
05-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Member
Joined in Sep 2012
51 posts
saint
0 AP
An update on my medicaid experience...

I recently decided to apply for medicaid with New York State via the online application found at:

https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov

It's a simple application and the good thing is is that you don't have to mail in any documents or meet up with a provider representative, you just upload your documents online. Now, my documents expire in early 2015 and medicaid usually needs to be renewed every year. I was APPROVED for my choice of medicaid the very next day as I uploaded a picture of me EAD and the Notice of Action letter I got in the mail for the EAD. My effective date for provider specified medicaid starts July 1 and regular medicaid active as of now.

It is possible. I thought after the Obamacare deadline, we'd have to pay for insurance, but since I currently have no income, I am eligible, even if my EAD expires in less than a year.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
saint
View Public Profile
Send a private message to saint
Find all posts by saint
#33
05-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2012
140 posts
jesus2190
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint View Post
An update on my medicaid experience...

I recently decided to apply for medicaid with New York State via the online application found at:

https://nystateofhealth.ny.gov

It's a simple application and the good thing is is that you don't have to mail in any documents or meet up with a provider representative, you just upload your documents online. Now, my documents expire in early 2015 and medicaid usually needs to be renewed every year. I was APPROVED for my choice of medicaid the very next day as I uploaded a picture of me EAD and the Notice of Action letter I got in the mail for the EAD. My effective date for provider specified medicaid starts July 1 and regular medicaid active as of now.

It is possible. I thought after the Obamacare deadline, we'd have to pay for insurance, but since I currently have no income, I am eligible, even if my EAD expires in less than a year.

i was aproved too i got my benefit id im just waiting for my insurance id but do you know if we could have any problem in the future with inmigration .. for using medicaid ...maybe when we renew ?
__________________
Sent by me : 8/16/12 - Accepted : 8/21/12
Biometrics done: 9/14/12
DA Approved: "Approved 10/19/12 " EAD Approved: 10/19/12
Mailed : 10/22/12 Reived EAD CAR : 10/24/12
Vermont Service Center
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jesus2190
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jesus2190
Find all posts by jesus2190
#34
05-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Member
Joined in Sep 2012
51 posts
saint
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus2190 View Post
i was aproved too i got my benefit id im just waiting for my insurance id but do you know if we could have any problem in the future with inmigration .. for using medicaid ...maybe when we renew ?
I hope it won't be a problem. They did approve us with the documentation which meant we are eligible. I guess we'll see. It's good to have coverage in case of accidents, etc. I was given charity care in hospitals in the past without any documentation.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
saint
View Public Profile
Send a private message to saint
Find all posts by saint
#35
07-20-2014, 05:41 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2007
832 posts
anitagreencard's Avatar
anitagreencard
0 AP
Any news on this enigmatic issue?
__________________
Sent:9-17-2012 | Delivered: 9-18-2012 | Electronic I-797C Received: 9-20-2012 routed to Vermont |
I-797C Received:9-24-2012| Biometrics Appt: 9-27-2012 for 10-23-2012| Biometrics Walk-in: 10-9-2012 |
Approved: 6-5-13 | EAD Arrived: 6-10-13
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
anitagreencard
View Public Profile
Send a private message to anitagreencard
Find all posts by anitagreencard
#36
06-22-2015, 09:51 PM
Member
From NY
Joined in May 2012
81 posts
melody's Avatar
melody
0 AP
any updates or concrete answers on wether or not we are eligible for the NYS medicaid?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
melody
View Public Profile
Send a private message to melody
Find all posts by melody
#37
07-18-2015, 11:44 PM
Member
Joined in Apr 2015
32 posts
TKDwarrior
0 AP
Medicaid has nothing to do with your status. I am DACA recipient and have had Medicaid for almost a year.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
TKDwarrior
View Public Profile
Send a private message to TKDwarrior
Find all posts by TKDwarrior
#38
07-26-2015, 12:04 PM
Member
Joined in Jan 2010
41 posts
sabre4
0 AP
Here's a link from Empire Justice that explains the types of benefits that DACA recipients are legally allowed to obtain: http://www.thenyic.org/sites/default...-crosswalk.pdf

The Empire Justice center seems to be quoted on this other website multiple times: http://www.wnylc.com/health/entry/33/

If you want to be definitely sure, you can email [email protected] or [email protected]
as listed on this website: http://www.health.ny.gov/contact/

I've personally dealt with different people at my local social services office that process the applications for medicaid and after helping both fully undocumented individuals and DACA individuals, I would like to say that I'm pretty confident that it's fine. I forget if the printed out copy says it but there's an online medicaid application that has pop ups for help as you're filling it out and it said that the information on the application is not forwarded to immigration authorities. If you're still unsure, call your local social services department! Don't be afraid to talk to them or ask for a supervisor if they don't seem to be helpful, they're not law enforcement so you're fine
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
sabre4
View Public Profile
Send a private message to sabre4
Find all posts by sabre4
#39
08-01-2015, 03:06 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Jan 2009
756 posts
Diplok
29 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by melody View Post
any updates or concrete answers on wether or not we are eligible for the NYS medicaid?
We are. I have it.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Diplok
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Diplok
Find all posts by Diplok
#40
12-20-2015, 10:11 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2007
832 posts
anitagreencard's Avatar
anitagreencard
0 AP
I was denied NYS medicaid. Such a bummer. I'm in a lot of pain from a wisdom tooth and I was really looking forward to being insured next year.

"You are not qualified to enroll through NY State of Health because
• Verification documents show not lawfully present
If your circumstances change you may re-apply for health insurance."
__________________
Sent:9-17-2012 | Delivered: 9-18-2012 | Electronic I-797C Received: 9-20-2012 routed to Vermont |
I-797C Received:9-24-2012| Biometrics Appt: 9-27-2012 for 10-23-2012| Biometrics Walk-in: 10-9-2012 |
Approved: 6-5-13 | EAD Arrived: 6-10-13
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
anitagreencard
View Public Profile
Send a private message to anitagreencard
Find all posts by anitagreencard
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.