• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

Calling to ask for Advance parole to be expedited.

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
#1
10-11-2016, 05:39 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2016
196 posts
Sky is the limit
0 AP
Waiting for USCIS is stressful. That being said I'm planning my next move if I don't here from them in a months time. I've read post about people calling in after they sent there application to ask them to expedite it. My trip is for educational purposes and I have to pay for it in full 30 days before travel. Does anyone have experience with asking them to expedite your application after you sent it and what was the result? Please share your experience.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Sky is the limit
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Sky is the limit
Find all posts by Sky is the limit
#2
10-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Senior Member
From Texas
Joined in Sep 2012
257 posts
Pancho1
0 AP
Just call them. They will ask for a reason. Within days they will let you know if the expedite was approved or denied.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Pancho1
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Pancho1
Find all posts by Pancho1
#3
10-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2016
196 posts
Sky is the limit
0 AP
Okay thank you. Very much @ Panch01


Anyone else willing to share their experience trying to expedite their advance parole application?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Sky is the limit
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Sky is the limit
Find all posts by Sky is the limit
#4
10-24-2016, 12:34 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2016
196 posts
Sky is the limit
0 AP
Called USCIS asking for expedited Advance parole application based on possible financial loss. I was told someone would get back to me in 5 days with a decision. It's day 3 (not including weekend) but I haven't heard anything and starting to feel discouraged. I filed my application 5 weeks ago, getting anxious.

Does anyone have experience asking for their AP application to be expedited, how long did it take to get a response or an approval?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Sky is the limit
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Sky is the limit
Find all posts by Sky is the limit
#5
11-16-2016, 03:12 PM
Member
Joined in Oct 2016
45 posts
jpcer
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky is the limit View Post
Called USCIS asking for expedited Advance parole application based on possible financial loss. I was told someone would get back to me in 5 days with a decision. It's day 3 (not including weekend) but I haven't heard anything and starting to feel discouraged. I filed my application 5 weeks ago, getting anxious.

Does anyone have experience asking for their AP application to be expedited, how long did it take to get a response or an approval?
Did you ever get a response?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jpcer
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jpcer
Find all posts by jpcer
#6
11-16-2016, 09:53 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2016
196 posts
Sky is the limit
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcer View Post
Did you ever get a response?
Unfortunately they denied my request to have my AP application expedited. I've been waiting 8 weeks, they have me stressed . My trip is supposed to be December 11. So I'm going to call at the end of the month to try to ask them to expedite it. Hopefully it works this time.

Have you applied for advance parole, and for what purpose? And how long have you been waiting for approval?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Sky is the limit
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Sky is the limit
Find all posts by Sky is the limit
#7
11-17-2016, 05:49 PM
Member
Joined in Oct 2016
45 posts
jpcer
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky is the limit View Post
Unfortunately they denied my request to have my AP application expedited. I've been waiting 8 weeks, they have me stressed . My trip is supposed to be December 11. So I'm going to call at the end of the month to try to ask them to expedite it. Hopefully it works this time.

Have you applied for advance parole, and for what purpose? And how long have you been waiting for approval?

Wow, I wish you the best of luck. Yes, I applied for AP and USCIS received it on 10/31. I want to travel before January 20 since I am afraid that Trump takes office that day. However, I am scared that my application will take long. I am thinking of requesting for an expedite AP, but I am afraid that will be denied. I applied under humanitarian reasons.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jpcer
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jpcer
Find all posts by jpcer
#8
11-17-2016, 07:52 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2016
196 posts
Sky is the limit
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcer View Post
Wow, I wish you the best of luck. Yes, I applied for AP and USCIS received it on 10/31. I want to travel before January 20 since I am afraid that Trump takes office that day. However, I am scared that my application will take long. I am thinking of requesting for an expedite AP, but I am afraid that will be denied. I applied under humanitarian reasons.
If it's getting close to when you want to travel and still no word, I would call for expedited application. It won't hurt your case for getting your AP application approved. The worst they can do is deny expediting it.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Sky is the limit
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Sky is the limit
Find all posts by Sky is the limit


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.