• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

AOS Medical Exam Question

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • 1
  • 2
  • next ›
#1
11-17-2016, 11:27 PM
Member
Joined in Oct 2016
46 posts
BennyBear
0 AP
For those who have done the DACA > AOS route, what is the AOS medical exam like? I live in a state where medical marijuana is legal and although I haven't done it flat out, I will admit I have gotten contact high when in the same room as friends who do - as early as last week. I am obviously willing to wait till I am 100% sure nothing would be traceable, but with the whole Trump fiasco I am also very eager to get this done completely! But I would hate to get barred for something as stupid as this, especially right before trump deports 'criminals'.

So am I concerned for no reason? If you've gotten your exam, what state do you live in? I appreciate the advice.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
BennyBear
View Public Profile
Send a private message to BennyBear
Find all posts by BennyBear
#2
11-17-2016, 11:41 PM
BANNED
Joined in Nov 2016
498 posts
Crilly
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBear View Post
For those who have done the DACA > AOS route, what is the AOS medical exam like? I live in a state where medical marijuana is legal and although I haven't done it flat out, I will admit I have gotten contact high when in the same room as friends who do - as early as last week. I am obviously willing to wait till I am 100% sure nothing would be traceable, but with the whole Trump fiasco I am also very eager to get this done completely! But I would hate to get barred for something as stupid as this, especially right before trump deports 'criminals'.

So am I concerned for no reason? If you've gotten your exam, what state do you live in? I appreciate the advice.
I am in the same route. Currently getting my vaccinations up to date. I have not heard of a drug test and I dont think they do that. From what I heard it is a physical exam and they draw blood from you. Just to check your health.

I dont think they do drug test. I dont belive so.

You can google it.

Or me.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/to...-medical-exam/
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Crilly
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Crilly
#3
11-17-2016, 11:45 PM
Member
Joined in Oct 2016
46 posts
BennyBear
0 AP
I get different answers when I google. I saw one post where a man admitted to smoking years prior to the exam. He was barred for 2 years because of that. And from my understanding, lying about it can get you barred for 10 years or even life. Again, I am just referring to stuff I find online. Hoping someone here has first hand knowledge of what happens, maybe what questions they ask. Things like that.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
BennyBear
View Public Profile
Send a private message to BennyBear
Find all posts by BennyBear
#4
11-17-2016, 11:46 PM
BANNED
Joined in Nov 2016
498 posts
Crilly
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBear View Post
I get different answers when I google. I saw one post where a man admitted to smoking years prior to the exam. He was barred for 2 years because of that. And from my understanding, lying about it can get you barred for 10 years or even life. Again, I am just referring to stuff I find online. Hoping someone here has first hand knowledge of what happens, maybe what questions they ask. Things like that.
Yeah never lied you smoke or did drugs.

I know for government jobs they ask you this, and you should not lie.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Crilly
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Crilly
#5
11-18-2016, 06:18 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Dec 2012
181 posts
jdjmeza
0 AP
They draw blood to check for three things; TB, syphillis, and drug abuse/addiction. For your specific concern, see part 5 item 3. Although the civil surgeon fills this part out, you can see that in fact they do check for drugs in your system. I am currently going through the AOS process (self-file), let me know if you have any other questions.

P.S. I've seen people in other forums send their AOS package without the medical exam, then get RFE'd for it. You can go this route to at least get the process started.
__________________
AOS Application Received: 10/12/16
Biometrics Appointment: 11/8/2016 no walk-in
Case Ready For Interview: 11/15/2016
EAD/AP: 01/09/2017. Interview Letter: 01/19/17
Interview: 02/21/17 Green Card Approved: 02/27/17
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jdjmeza
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jdjmeza
Find all posts by jdjmeza
#6
11-18-2016, 08:08 AM
BANNED
Joined in Nov 2016
498 posts
Crilly
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjmeza View Post
They draw blood to check for three things; TB, syphillis, and drug abuse/addiction. For your specific concern, see part 5 item 3. Although the civil surgeon fills this part out, you can see that in fact they do check for drugs in your system. I am currently going through the AOS process (self-file), let me know if you have any other questions.

P.S. I've seen people in other forums send their AOS package without the medical exam, then get RFE'd for it. You can go this route to at least get the process started.
So don't do any drugs prior to the AOS?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Crilly
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Crilly
#7
11-18-2016, 09:31 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Dec 2012
181 posts
jdjmeza
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crilly View Post
So don't do any drugs prior to the AOS?
I don't know how long drugs stay in your system but I would suggest to stay away from drugs completely. Even after AOS, but that's just my opinion. Keep in mind that permanent residents can also be deported.
__________________
AOS Application Received: 10/12/16
Biometrics Appointment: 11/8/2016 no walk-in
Case Ready For Interview: 11/15/2016
EAD/AP: 01/09/2017. Interview Letter: 01/19/17
Interview: 02/21/17 Green Card Approved: 02/27/17
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jdjmeza
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jdjmeza
Find all posts by jdjmeza
#8
11-18-2016, 10:26 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
103 posts
ale15
0 AP
I was wondering about that one shot that is given in Mexico for TB. It always comes out posotive on my arm when they do the test. Will that affect the medical exam as in not passing it?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
ale15
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ale15
Find all posts by ale15
#9
11-18-2016, 10:31 AM
BANNED
Joined in Nov 2016
498 posts
Crilly
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ale15 View Post
I was wondering about that one shot that is given in Mexico for TB. It always comes out posotive on my arm when they do the test. Will that affect the medical exam as in not passing it?
I just did the test and it came out positive (>10 mm).

The doctor believes it is a reaction but I will have to get XRAYS on my chest and verify i dont have it.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Crilly
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Crilly
#10
11-18-2016, 11:18 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2016
329 posts
APinfo
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ale15 View Post
I was wondering about that one shot that is given in Mexico for TB. It always comes out posotive on my arm when they do the test. Will that affect the medical exam as in not passing it?
Nah. It's common for people to have positive results, especially foreigners. A quick chest Xray will clear you right up. It'll just be another visit you'll have to make.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
APinfo
View Public Profile
Send a private message to APinfo
Find all posts by APinfo
  • 1
  • 2
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.