• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

over 3 month wait for AP

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • 1
  • 2
  • next ›
#1
12-30-2016, 01:46 PM
Member
Joined in Oct 2012
61 posts
Karen12
0 AP
My application was received September 9th...
My DACA was approved again and I sent that 1st week of November...

I definitely don't want to travel after January 2oth...IF APPROVED ...big IF

anyone on the same boat?
__________________
Application sent 11/06/12 Biometrics appt 12/06/12 Approved 2/15/13 EAD received 2/23/13 SSN received 3/02/13
Sent renewal 11/04/14 Biometrics done 12/09/14 (NSC)
Approved: 2/26/2015
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Karen12
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Karen12
Find all posts by Karen12
#2
12-31-2016, 02:14 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2016
196 posts
Sky is the limit
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen12 View Post
My application was received September 9th...
My DACA was approved again and I sent that 1st week of November...

I definitely don't want to travel after January 2oth...IF APPROVED ...big IF

anyone on the same boat?
Welcome to my club. Smh, my AP application was received September 21, 2016. And nothing, no updates, 2 denials for expedition. I even called when it was pass the 3 months processing time and was told I can't but in a service request because they are right now processing applications from July 16. At this point I'm exhausted thinking about it, so just waiting, and if approval comes after January 20, ill just have to wait to see what the new administration is going to do with DACA. Smh, what can we do at this point.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Sky is the limit
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Sky is the limit
Find all posts by Sky is the limit
#3
12-31-2016, 11:16 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Nov 2016
1,674 posts
dreamer12345
0 AP
Are people doing AP because they entered w/o inspection or for any other reason I'm missing (aside from work or family)?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
dreamer12345
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dreamer12345
Find all posts by dreamer12345
#4
12-31-2016, 11:27 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2016
232 posts
jimx91
0 AP
Just go to your local USCIS field office and present your case. Make sure that it is serious and they will give your AP on the spot.

I sent my AP application Dec 1. and asked for it to be expedited, but it was denied. Then I went to the Field Office and told them that I need to travel ASAP and they give AP the same day. They also said that my other application will still be processed normally and I will get another AP when they review my other case.

I'm traveling to Poland tomorrow and coming back January 7th.
__________________
App rec.- 5/31/2016 | Biometrics - 10/11/16 Walk In without the notice. | EAD Expiration - 10/17/16 |
Approval - 11/2/16 | Rec EAD - 11/17/16
AP Travel - 01/01/17-01/07/17 | AOS Sent 1/27/2017
AOS - EAD 4/24/17 | Interview June 5
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jimx91
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jimx91
Find all posts by jimx91
#5
12-31-2016, 08:15 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2016
196 posts
Sky is the limit
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimx91 View Post
Just go to your local USCIS field office and present your case. Make sure that it is serious and they will give your AP on the spot.

I sent my AP application Dec 1. and asked for it to be expedited, but it was denied. Then I went to the Field Office and told them that I need to travel ASAP and they give AP the same day. They also said that my other application will still be processed normally and I will get another AP when they review my other case.

I'm traveling to Poland tomorrow and coming back January 7th.
What was your reason for travel and what documents did you show to get same day AP approval? Please share your experience.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Sky is the limit
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Sky is the limit
Find all posts by Sky is the limit
#6
12-31-2016, 09:14 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2016
232 posts
jimx91
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky is the limit View Post
What was your reason for travel and what documents did you show to get same day AP approval? Please share your experience.
Sick grandmother. Note from a doctor plus related medial history
__________________
App rec.- 5/31/2016 | Biometrics - 10/11/16 Walk In without the notice. | EAD Expiration - 10/17/16 |
Approval - 11/2/16 | Rec EAD - 11/17/16
AP Travel - 01/01/17-01/07/17 | AOS Sent 1/27/2017
AOS - EAD 4/24/17 | Interview June 5
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jimx91
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jimx91
Find all posts by jimx91
#7
12-31-2016, 10:59 PM
Member
Joined in Oct 2016
45 posts
jpcer
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimx91 View Post
Sick grandmother. Note from a doctor plus related medial history
I did the same thing as you and the USCIS field office denied my request. They said that my grandmother is not considered an "immediate relative" and also they said they will not grant it since my grandmother is not dying or I am not attending a funeral.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jpcer
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jpcer
Find all posts by jpcer
#8
12-31-2016, 11:01 PM
Member
Joined in Oct 2016
45 posts
jpcer
0 AP
Has anyone here tried expediting through their congressman?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jpcer
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jpcer
Find all posts by jpcer
#9
01-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Member
Joined in Oct 2012
61 posts
Karen12
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky is the limit View Post
Welcome to my club. Smh, my AP application was received September 21, 2016. And nothing, no updates, 2 denials for expedition. I even called when it was pass the 3 months processing time and was told I can't but in a service request because they are right now processing applications from July 16. At this point I'm exhausted thinking about it, so just waiting, and if approval comes after January 20, ill just have to wait to see what the new administration is going to do with DACA. Smh, what can we do at this point.

everyone keeps telling me if I get approved to not go after January 20th..I called but they told me 3 months is the minimum wait so to keep waiting..
__________________
Application sent 11/06/12 Biometrics appt 12/06/12 Approved 2/15/13 EAD received 2/23/13 SSN received 3/02/13
Sent renewal 11/04/14 Biometrics done 12/09/14 (NSC)
Approved: 2/26/2015
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Karen12
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Karen12
Find all posts by Karen12
#10
01-02-2017, 10:45 PM
Member
Joined in Oct 2012
61 posts
Karen12
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky is the limit View Post
Welcome to my club. Smh, my AP application was received September 21, 2016. And nothing, no updates, 2 denials for expedition. I even called when it was pass the 3 months processing time and was told I can't but in a service request because they are right now processing applications from July 16. At this point I'm exhausted thinking about it, so just waiting, and if approval comes after January 20, ill just have to wait to see what the new administration is going to do with DACA. Smh, what can we do at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimx91 View Post
Just go to your local USCIS field office and present your case. Make sure that it is serious and they will give your AP on the spot.

I sent my AP application Dec 1. and asked for it to be expedited, but it was denied. Then I went to the Field Office and told them that I need to travel ASAP and they give AP the same day. They also said that my other application will still be processed normally and I will get another AP when they review my other case.

I'm traveling to Poland tomorrow and coming back January 7th.

good luck on your trip. I am nervous about going that route. My reason for travel is also to visit my sick grandma
__________________
Application sent 11/06/12 Biometrics appt 12/06/12 Approved 2/15/13 EAD received 2/23/13 SSN received 3/02/13
Sent renewal 11/04/14 Biometrics done 12/09/14 (NSC)
Approved: 2/26/2015
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Karen12
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Karen12
Find all posts by Karen12
  • 1
  • 2
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.