• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The News Room

Miami Republican files new DREAM Act in Congress - Page 17

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • « first
  • ‹ previous
  • 7
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • next ›
  • last »
#161
03-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Member
Joined in Nov 2014
73 posts
chargers38
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoswithoutfaith View Post
there is a high chance you're in a gang doing drugs and killing
To Geek,

Keep it mind that I never said this. The user is just putting these words into my mouth. All I said was that a 2.5 GPA in high school will show that you are working hard because people can just obtain a high school diploma by getting a 1.0 GPA(All D's basically). A 2.5 GPA will show that you are working hard and care about getting an education. You don't have to go to college, because many dreamers do not have the means to go, but you have to show that you are educated and hard working, like the whole "need to have a good moral" requirement that is in place for DACA.

I wanted to bring up for a discussion if it is a good idea to include this, and if it is, what GPA requirement or other requirements should it include. People have basically been giving me responses like "terrible idea", "This is stupid", "you want to limit this for just a small amount of people", and etc. I have had one user give a good and actual reason, "people have different life circumstances which is why that won't be able to meet the requirement."

I have had several users PM that it is a good/fair point to bring up, but I understand why they would not want comment that on here, because you can see that you would get verbally abused and not be able to have an actual discussion.
Last edited by chargers38; 03-12-2017 at 04:56 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
chargers38
View Public Profile
Send a private message to chargers38
Find all posts by chargers38
#162
03-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2014
4,817 posts
2MoreYears's Avatar
2MoreYears
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargers38 View Post
To Geek,

Keep it mind that I never said this. The user is just putting these words into my mouth. All I said was that a 2.5 GPA in high school will show that you are working hard because people can just obtain a high school diploma by getting a 1.0 GPA(All D's basically)
Is that you Chyno? Also, it appears RACA has been around around since 6/2016.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-.../5533/all-info


In a different non-related but cool note, Google just released invisible CAPTCHA

https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/invisible.html
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
2MoreYears
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 2MoreYears
Find all posts by 2MoreYears
#163
03-12-2017, 05:16 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Nov 2016
174 posts
a.martin3z
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargers38 View Post
To Geek,

I have had several users PM that it is a good/fair point to bring up .
lol such a Trump thing to say. "Many people are saying..."

no proof of support whatsoever, so you make people up.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
a.martin3z
View Public Profile
Send a private message to a.martin3z
Find all posts by a.martin3z
#164
03-12-2017, 05:28 PM
Member
Joined in Nov 2014
73 posts
chargers38
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.martin3z View Post
lol such a Trump thing to say. "Many people are saying..."

no proof of support whatsoever, so you make people up.
I really do. I do not want to put their names on here. If I just show a screen shot of the statements, then you will just say that they are fake.

Does that mean that every time a reporter says that his sources have told him such as such that he is lying because he won't reveal his sources?

I never said many, I said several.
Last edited by chargers38; 03-12-2017 at 05:39 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
chargers38
View Public Profile
Send a private message to chargers38
Find all posts by chargers38
#165
03-12-2017, 07:46 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2013
852 posts
FLDreamerrr
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargers38 View Post
I really do. I do not want to put their names on here. If I just show a screen shot of the statements, then you will just say that they are fake.

Does that mean that every time a reporter says that his sources have told him such as such that he is lying because he won't reveal his sources?

I never said many, I said several.
Trump voice WRONGGGG
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
FLDreamerrr
View Public Profile
Send a private message to FLDreamerrr
Find all posts by FLDreamerrr
#166
03-12-2017, 10:11 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jan 2017
188 posts
Carpenter86's Avatar
Carpenter86
0 AP
I'm a Dreamer and a DACA, I'm a high school dropped out, who later got his GED, never committed a single crime, I work since I was 16, always paid taxes, learned a trade, and now I work for a very good company and expecting to make around 80k this year, and I shouldn't be included in a possible bill because I didn't have a good GPA? Really?

Some people want things just to themselves...
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Carpenter86
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Carpenter86
Find all posts by Carpenter86
#167
03-13-2017, 01:37 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2011
7,552 posts
Smooth's Avatar
Smooth
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter86 View Post
I'm a Dreamer and a DACA, I'm a high school dropped out, who later got his GED, never committed a single crime, I work since I was 16, always paid taxes, learned a trade, and now I work for a very good company and expecting to make around 80k this year, and I shouldn't be included in a possible bill because I didn't have a good GPA? Really?

Some people want things just to themselves...
Chargers does have a legitimate view on the requirement. The reality is that some dreamers do not give a shit.

BUT, you have a good story that serves as an example. Life happens, and you should not be denied relief because of your GPA. The other question: Do the dreamers who seem not to care feel the way they do because of the feeling of hopelessness in the current sociopolitical climate?

I remember I really did not give a shit about school when I was in high school because I honestly thought that I did not have a future here. My GPA was crappy because I didn't try. I didn't try because I didn't feel there was a point to do so. I later realized I was wrong.
__________________
#Lawgic
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Smooth
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Smooth
Find all posts by Smooth
#168
03-13-2017, 01:46 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2011
7,552 posts
Smooth's Avatar
Smooth
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.martin3z View Post
lol such a Trump thing to say. "Many people are saying..."

no proof of support whatsoever, so you make people up.
I messaged him and told him his view is legitimate. Some dreamers just do not give a shit dude, especially with regard to DACA. Even before Trump was the Republican candidate, I met a few dreamers at a law office; their parents practically dragged them there because the kids viewed DACA as a waste of money. They honestly seemed not to give a shit about DACA or even school when things were clearly aligned in our favor.

But, there are good exceptions: Carpenter mentioned his story. Even a GPA high school might not be a great indicator of the person or what is going on. But, I can understand Chargers' position. I have met a few dreamers who deserve to get their asses kicked for being apathetic.

Edit: the view that I do wipe my ass with and have no respect for is "we should not rhetorically distinguish between good and bad immigrants because it is dangerous for all of us."
__________________
#Lawgic
Last edited by Smooth; 03-13-2017 at 01:49 AM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Smooth
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Smooth
Find all posts by Smooth
#169
03-13-2017, 02:18 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2015
1,615 posts
beingoflight's Avatar
beingoflight
0 AP
Grades do not define intelligence AT ALL.

I know dreamers that didnt even graduate(GED) and didnt go to college and they are making more than most of you here and they are not even 23.

The only thing that makes me rage is how some idiots want to include college on legislations, stop trying to make your debt justified!!!!

College does not guarantee you a future and not even a job interview most of the time.
Last edited by beingoflight; 03-13-2017 at 02:22 AM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
beingoflight
View Public Profile
Send a private message to beingoflight
Find all posts by beingoflight
#170
03-13-2017, 10:31 AM
Member
Joined in Nov 2014
73 posts
chargers38
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by beingoflight View Post
Grades do not define intelligence AT ALL.

I know dreamers that didnt even graduate(GED) and didnt go to college and they are making more than most of you here and they are not even 23.

The only thing that makes me rage is how some idiots want to include college on legislations, stop trying to make your debt justified!!!!

College does not guarantee you a future and not even a job interview most of the time.
I am not using GPA to justify intelligence. I am using it to justify work ethic. For people that go on to get a GED, I think that there should also be a method that shows if the person has been working hard to obtain it, he could qualify. I am not aware of the GED processes, so if someone could provide me with more information, that would be great. For people like Carpenter and Skymusic, who have/are working(have worked) hard to obtain their GED, they should not be excluded.

I am sure that you are talking about the college thing as a general thing might have said on here, but if you were writing it about me, then you are wrong. I have said that many DACA people do not have the means to go to college, so they should not be disqualified for that.

I am not making this a case that only those are smart should get RACA. I am making the case that those who have worked hard, should be allowed to qualify for it, and those who have not worked hard, should not be allowed to qualify for it.
Last edited by chargers38; 03-13-2017 at 10:40 AM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
chargers38
View Public Profile
Send a private message to chargers38
Find all posts by chargers38
  • « first
  • ‹ previous
  • 7
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • next ›
  • last »


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.