• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > Other Topics > Other Topics

Motivational Mondays

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • 1
  • 2
  • next ›
#1
10-09-2017, 11:08 AM
Senior Member
From California
Joined in Dec 2010
3,448 posts
BestBefore1984's Avatar
BestBefore1984
0 AP
Dreamers,

In light of several tragic events that have occurred in the last few weeks, I wanted to get the ball rolling and move the conversation in a direction that will move us from the negativity and focus on making progress in our lives.

Some folks did not wake up to see another day last week. What is one thing you are going to accomplish this week, that you've been putting off?

I will ride my bike to work, once this week.
__________________
5th EAD
Sent to Phoenix Lockbox: 12/14/19
Received: 12/16/19
Biometrics/Approved: TBD
Expiring: 05/14/20
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
BestBefore1984
View Public Profile
Send a private message to BestBefore1984
Find all posts by BestBefore1984
#2
10-09-2017, 11:18 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Apr 2009
3,098 posts
fl_dreamer
0 AP
I hiked for the first time in a long time. I am planning on starting to live a more active lifestyle.

P.S. - Carnivore, please avoid ruining this thread talking about your sex life.
__________________
Expires: 10/2021. Renewal for extension post 2021 sent.
Update your signature: Click on username, control panel, user settings,edit signature
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
fl_dreamer
View Public Profile
Send a private message to fl_dreamer
Find all posts by fl_dreamer
#3
10-09-2017, 11:34 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Jul 2016
378 posts
4n0nym0us
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 View Post
Dreamers,

In light of several tragic events that have occurred in the last few weeks, I wanted to get the ball rolling and move the conversation in a direction that will move us from the negativity and focus on making progress in our lives.

Some folks did not wake up to see another day last week. What is one thing you are going to accomplish this week, that you've been putting off?

I will ride my bike to work, once this week.
I have two interviews this week and this Saturday will the deadline to accept this other offer.
I will try to give it my best and I am lucky to be alive to do this.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
4n0nym0us
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 4n0nym0us
Find all posts by 4n0nym0us
#4
10-09-2017, 12:25 PM
Senior Member
From California
Joined in Dec 2010
3,448 posts
BestBefore1984's Avatar
BestBefore1984
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_dreamer View Post
I hiked for the first time in a long time. I am planning on starting to live a more active lifestyle.

P.S. - Carnivore, please avoid ruining this thread talking about your sex life.
Good stuff. Do you have any idea how you plan to keep yourself accountable for following through?

I like hikes. A lot of good places here in the Bay Area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4n0nym0us View Post
I have two interviews this week and this Saturday will the deadline to accept this other offer.
I will try to give it my best and I am lucky to be alive to do this.
Awesome man. Are these jobs related to what you went to school for?
__________________
5th EAD
Sent to Phoenix Lockbox: 12/14/19
Received: 12/16/19
Biometrics/Approved: TBD
Expiring: 05/14/20
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
BestBefore1984
View Public Profile
Send a private message to BestBefore1984
Find all posts by BestBefore1984
#5
10-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Apr 2009
3,098 posts
fl_dreamer
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 View Post
Good stuff. Do you have any idea how you plan to keep yourself accountable for following through?
Million dollar question. I lack the discipline when it comes to taking care of myself. Any good ideas on keeping oneself accountable?
__________________
Expires: 10/2021. Renewal for extension post 2021 sent.
Update your signature: Click on username, control panel, user settings,edit signature
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
fl_dreamer
View Public Profile
Send a private message to fl_dreamer
Find all posts by fl_dreamer
#6
10-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2013
1,559 posts
Sorrybrah
0 AP
Another day another dollar... Living the DREAM.

Planning on reading 'Extreme Ownership' book soon
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Sorrybrah
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Sorrybrah
Find all posts by Sorrybrah
#7
10-09-2017, 01:21 PM
BANNED
Joined in Jun 2017
3,091 posts
BeeHive
0 AP
We have ice cream at work this afternoon.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
BeeHive
View Public Profile
Find all posts by BeeHive
#8
10-11-2017, 11:08 AM
Senior Member
From California
Joined in Dec 2010
3,448 posts
BestBefore1984's Avatar
BestBefore1984
0 AP
=============UPDATE==============
Friends,

Rode my bike to work this morning. It was cold but I am going to hold my self accountable for my words.

How are you guys holding up?
__________________
5th EAD
Sent to Phoenix Lockbox: 12/14/19
Received: 12/16/19
Biometrics/Approved: TBD
Expiring: 05/14/20
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
BestBefore1984
View Public Profile
Send a private message to BestBefore1984
Find all posts by BestBefore1984
#9
10-12-2017, 09:50 PM
Member
Joined in Sep 2017
91 posts
lila17's Avatar
lila17
0 AP
I just accepted the offer for my dream job today. Bittersweet feeling without knowing if I'll even still have a work permit in a year from now... I need some hope from you guys
__________________
Expires: 3/23/19
Renewal Sent: 1/18/18
Biometrics: 2/13 ... Walk-In: 1/30
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
lila17
View Public Profile
Send a private message to lila17
Find all posts by lila17
#10
10-12-2017, 10:21 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2017
418 posts
zara12
0 AP
Congratulations! So happy for you, friend. Glad you decided to accept it and proud of you for taking a leap of faith.

Hang in there Lila! You can do it! I see some relief in our future. Everything is going to work out in the end.

When do you start?
Last edited by zara12; 10-13-2017 at 03:25 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
zara12
View Public Profile
Send a private message to zara12
Find all posts by zara12
  • 1
  • 2
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.