• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

Any issues with self filing after using a lawyer?

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • 1
  • 2
  • next ›
#1
07-23-2018, 05:34 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
409 posts
nationalsfan
0 AP
Hi everyone - I've used a lawyer for all my DACA paperwork but this time around I want to submit a renewal on my own. Would there be any issues if I do it myself now?

Also, any good links with all the instructions on self submission that anyone could share? Thanks!!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
nationalsfan
View Public Profile
Send a private message to nationalsfan
Find all posts by nationalsfan
#2
07-23-2018, 11:03 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2016
2,718 posts
JayR9
0 AP
No it’s quite easy. Just read the instructions that USCIS has for the forms carefully and you will be fine.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
JayR9
View Public Profile
Send a private message to JayR9
Find all posts by JayR9
#3
07-23-2018, 11:27 AM
Senior Member
Joined in May 2016
4,866 posts
DogJuiceMan's Avatar
DogJuiceMan
0 AP
I used a lawyer every single time. Added peace of mind is well worth the cost.
__________________
Feel incredibly lucky and fortunate to have had DACA and to live in the US. Somtimes, I sit here and think about my incredible fortune.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
DogJuiceMan
View Public Profile
Send a private message to DogJuiceMan
Find all posts by DogJuiceMan
#4
07-23-2018, 12:27 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Dec 2010
5,411 posts
JohannBernoulli1667's Avatar
JohannBernoulli1667
0 AP
Ask you laywer for copies of your previous submissions. Then just copy and paste, obviously be careful. Forms might have change and dates signatures etc...

Your lawyer should have all of your previous paper work and you own it.
__________________
"The world is my country, science my religion"- Constantine Huygens
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
JohannBernoulli1667
View Public Profile
Send a private message to JohannBernoulli1667
Find all posts by JohannBernoulli1667
#5
07-23-2018, 12:29 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Dec 2010
5,411 posts
JohannBernoulli1667's Avatar
JohannBernoulli1667
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogJuiceMan View Post
I used a lawyer every single time. Added peace of mind is well worth the cost.
I doubt any competent lawyer would fill in DACA applications...

They hire highschoolers to do that kind of work.

I would not doubt if some employ their teenage daughters to do DACA forms.
__________________
"The world is my country, science my religion"- Constantine Huygens
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
JohannBernoulli1667
View Public Profile
Send a private message to JohannBernoulli1667
Find all posts by JohannBernoulli1667
#6
07-23-2018, 12:54 PM
Senior Member
Joined in May 2016
4,866 posts
DogJuiceMan's Avatar
DogJuiceMan
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannBernoulli1667 View Post
I doubt any competent lawyer would fill in DACA applications...

They hire highschoolers to do that kind of work.

I would not doubt if some employ their teenage daughters to do DACA forms.
Well fortunately I got to speak to the woman who filled out my DACA form, but she was a single mother so I had to make an exit. She filled it out on the computer, so now next renewal, I will fill mine out on the computer too. Saving myself the 200 bucks.

She had No degree, but a lawyer did indeed sign off on it.

Bears and Monkeys have the right idea on dealing with single mothers, just get rid of the kid.
__________________
Feel incredibly lucky and fortunate to have had DACA and to live in the US. Somtimes, I sit here and think about my incredible fortune.
Last edited by DogJuiceMan; 07-23-2018 at 01:01 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
DogJuiceMan
View Public Profile
Send a private message to DogJuiceMan
Find all posts by DogJuiceMan
#7
07-23-2018, 03:29 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
1,500 posts
Outsider626's Avatar
Outsider626
0 AP
Damn people you throwing money away. How hard is it to fill out some papers? I did mine every time in less than an hour and had no problem. It's not rocket science...
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Outsider626
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Outsider626
Find all posts by Outsider626
#8
07-23-2018, 04:09 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Dec 2010
5,411 posts
JohannBernoulli1667's Avatar
JohannBernoulli1667
0 AP
Send me $200 dollars and I will fill out your applications.
__________________
"The world is my country, science my religion"- Constantine Huygens
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
JohannBernoulli1667
View Public Profile
Send a private message to JohannBernoulli1667
Find all posts by JohannBernoulli1667
#9
07-23-2018, 04:22 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
1,500 posts
Outsider626's Avatar
Outsider626
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannBernoulli1667 View Post
Send me $200 dollars and I will fill out your applications.
Might be a good business venture. lawyers take like 1k
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Outsider626
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Outsider626
Find all posts by Outsider626
#10
07-23-2018, 04:26 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Dec 2010
5,411 posts
JohannBernoulli1667's Avatar
JohannBernoulli1667
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider626 View Post
Might be a good business venture. lawyers take like 1k
Actually you can just write a program that fills it in.


Idk why the fuck no one has written such thing.
__________________
"The world is my country, science my religion"- Constantine Huygens
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
JohannBernoulli1667
View Public Profile
Send a private message to JohannBernoulli1667
Find all posts by JohannBernoulli1667
  • 1
  • 2
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.