• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

AOS through marriage - Page 2

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
#11
02-25-2021, 11:33 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jun 2010
1,214 posts
Dream becomes Reality
0 AP
The rules may have changed from when I did my AOS. Back when I did mine I didn't have a valid passport on me at our interview because it was at the consulate in NY getting renewed and also going through a last name update.

I think the passport is a "nice to have" that way they can stamp your passport with I believe an I-551 if you are approved on the spot. I may be wrong though as things may have changed.
__________________
Naturalized United States Citizen[/b] 2019
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Dream becomes Reality
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Dream becomes Reality
Find all posts by Dream becomes Reality
#12
02-26-2021, 09:17 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Dec 2017
174 posts
UnknownUser
0 AP
I used a lawyer for ease of mind. Plus if anything happens, they know I have legal representation backing me from the get go.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
UnknownUser
View Public Profile
Send a private message to UnknownUser
Find all posts by UnknownUser
#13
02-27-2021, 12:11 PM
Junior Member
Joined in Apr 2014
7 posts
catchafallingstar
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettertomorrow1 View Post
How do you get an unexpired passport? I thought we couldn’t get it since were not here legally?
Not sure how it would work for your country of citizenship, but for mine, I've always went to my embassy in DC and got it renewed.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
catchafallingstar
View Public Profile
Send a private message to catchafallingstar
Find all posts by catchafallingstar
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.