• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

Loan - Page 2

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • next ›
#11
08-10-2010, 06:22 PM
BANNED
Joined in Aug 2010
188 posts
01234
0 AP
...............................................
Last edited by 01234; 08-13-2010 at 07:10 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
01234
View Public Profile
Find all posts by 01234
#12
08-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Member
Joined in Dec 2008
75 posts
piratedream
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by withchemicals View Post
How strong was your co-sponsor's credit rating?
I'm not sure on the exact number, but I know he has very good credit, probably around the 800s. He has no outstanding debt, pays on time, and has a very long credit history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01234 View Post
boa is the place to go.you get a credit card(deposit is required) after some months of having a checking account and build up your credit instead of relying on a sponsor. provided you have itin.....im sure you could get a loan this way.
Thanks, I don't have an account with BoA, but I'll see if I can still get one through them later on.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
piratedream
View Public Profile
Send a private message to piratedream
Find all posts by piratedream
#13
10-04-2010, 02:11 AM
Member
Joined in Dec 2008
75 posts
piratedream
0 AP
Ok guys, Spring Semester is coming up soon (well, at least class registration for it is), so I'm bumping this up if anyone who qualifies for it is looking for loan options. The original loan did go through and we received the $14,000 to pay my tuition for this year, and I know of someone else of this forum who also applied and got the money.

Like always, message me if you have questions, and good luck!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
piratedream
View Public Profile
Send a private message to piratedream
Find all posts by piratedream
#14
10-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Member
Joined in Aug 2010
52 posts
Lou76
30 AP
I wonder if one could apply if one were going to do a Masters in Canada, UK or Australia?

So one's sponsor would be a US citizen and one would do a masters degree overseas.

Lou
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Lou76
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Lou76
Find all posts by Lou76
#15
10-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Moderator
From Illinois/Florida
Joined in Jul 2009
2,219 posts
buckminsterfullerene's Avatar
buckminsterfullerene
270 AP
already applied and currently being processed, the number to call is 1-800-658-3567
Remember it is the student loan for parents and that you are applying with a USC co-applicant, they do not accept a permanent residents for this.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
buckminsterfullerene
View Public Profile
Send a private message to buckminsterfullerene
Find all posts by buckminsterfullerene
#16
10-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Senior Member
From Connecticut
Joined in Mar 2009
8,670 posts
2Face's Avatar
2Face
0 AP
Hey buckminsterfullerene, I think I know which loan you're talking about. Can you please briefly summarize for me what they're asking when you call that number? I have a US Citizen co-signer who is one of our good family friends. Who is suppose to call this number to apply? I'd really appreciate if you can briefly summarize for me everything I need to know about this loan. I'm interested in this loan for Spring 2011 ( my 10th and final semester at a private college). Thanks!!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
2Face
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 2Face
Find all posts by 2Face
#17
10-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Moderator
From Illinois/Florida
Joined in Jul 2009
2,219 posts
buckminsterfullerene's Avatar
buckminsterfullerene
270 AP
I must point out that the loan is the Wells Fargo student loan for parents"" and my USC cosigner was my sister.

They might initially tell you that due to your status you do not qualify, don't just leave it at that, press on, the guy I talked to did not think there was anything for me, but I told him I learned of this loan through a forum and that the person with a similar situation was able to get a loan, he left me there for several minutes and finally came on to continue with the loan application after having asked. The loan is for the cosigner they will need mostly details from the cosigner, all they need from the student is the name of the school they are attending, their Tax ID/ITIN number and the date that would be covered by the loan and obviously the amount of the loan needed. The cosigner will need to obviously be a USC, needs a personal reference from someone that does not live with the cosigner (just the name and telephone number of the person), to give financial information and other details including SSN number.

They will tell you if you were approved immediately or sent for consideration the later which takes 24-48 hours, under those estimates, because they apparently sent the information today, I will get a response by thursday the latest, and hopefully an approval.

good luck on applying and it does not take long at all. they operate between 8 am and 8 pm central time.
Last edited by buckminsterfullerene; 10-05-2010 at 10:28 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
buckminsterfullerene
View Public Profile
Send a private message to buckminsterfullerene
Find all posts by buckminsterfullerene
#18
10-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Member
Joined in Dec 2008
75 posts
piratedream
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou76 View Post
I wonder if one could apply if one were going to do a Masters in Canada, UK or Australia?

So one's sponsor would be a US citizen and one would do a masters degree overseas.

Lou
I would just call them and ask Lou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckminsterfullerene View Post
already applied and currently being processed, the number to call is 1-800-658-3567
Remember it is the student loan for parents and that you are applying with a USC co-applicant, they do not accept a permanent residents for this.
Hope it's approved, thanks for the number, I totally forgot to put it in the original post
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
piratedream
View Public Profile
Send a private message to piratedream
Find all posts by piratedream
#19
10-07-2010, 01:19 AM
BANNED
Joined in Jul 2009
426 posts
withchemicals
30 AP
Wish I could find a cosigner...
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
withchemicals
View Public Profile
Find all posts by withchemicals
#20
10-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Senior Member
From Connecticut
Joined in Mar 2009
8,670 posts
2Face's Avatar
2Face
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckminsterfullerene View Post
I must point out that the loan is the Wells Fargo student loan for parents"" and my USC cosigner was my sister.

They might initially tell you that due to your status you do not qualify, don't just leave it at that, press on, the guy I talked to did not think there was anything for me, but I told him I learned of this loan through a forum and that the person with a similar situation was able to get a loan, he left me there for several minutes and finally came on to continue with the loan application after having asked. The loan is for the cosigner they will need mostly details from the cosigner, all they need from the student is the name of the school they are attending, their Tax ID/ITIN number and the date that would be covered by the loan and obviously the amount of the loan needed. The cosigner will need to obviously be a USC, needs a personal reference from someone that does not live with the cosigner (just the name and telephone number of the person), to give financial information and other details including SSN number.

They will tell you if you were approved immediately or sent for consideration the later which takes 24-48 hours, under those estimates, because they apparently sent the information today, I will get a response by thursday the latest, and hopefully an approval.

good luck on applying and it does not take long at all. they operate between 8 am and 8 pm central time.
What I wanted to ask you is, do you think the cosigner can directly apply online? I am looking through the application and it certainly has options for the cosigner to do so. But I'm confused as to whose name he should put. I'm guessing its his because the check is sent directly to him if the loan is approved. Is this correct? Or do you think I should just give him my information and have him apply by phone?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
2Face
View Public Profile
Send a private message to 2Face
Find all posts by 2Face
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.