• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > Other Topics > Other Topics

Health Insurance? - Page 2

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • next ›
#11
12-09-2007, 02:31 AM
Senior Member
From in the shadows...
Joined in Aug 2007
987 posts
laneDearIhope?'s Avatar
laneDearIhope?
0 AP
If your parents have health insurance and your in school full time their insurance should cover you, thats how I was able to obtain insurance...
__________________
Fear is nothing but false evidence appearing real!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
laneDearIhope?
View Public Profile
Send a private message to laneDearIhope?
Find all posts by laneDearIhope?
#12
12-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Mar 2006
348 posts
SomeGuy_
0 AP
My dad pays for health insurance.
We've been on private health for about 15 years.

Currently, its about $400 a month to cover our family.

So much for 'illegals' being a strain on public health.

Max, try this: www.tonikhealth.com
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
SomeGuy_
View Public Profile
Send a private message to SomeGuy_
Find all posts by SomeGuy_
#13
12-10-2007, 01:06 AM
Member
Joined in Aug 2007
62 posts
alejandra
0 AP
last time i quoted health insurance for me the guy told me that it was 300 monthly, im 21, healthy and rarely get sick so i just rather pay my yearly checkups then 300 month...
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
alejandra
View Public Profile
Send a private message to alejandra
Find all posts by alejandra
#14
12-10-2007, 03:26 AM
Senior Member
From The Westcoast
Joined in Jul 2007
999 posts
Ed's Avatar
Ed
0 AP
if your in high school i know they send pamphlets about school insurance, from the basicl, to the premium, i.e. for the school football players. other than that, i think colleges have them, depending on your state. even if you co-pay, you can go to Wal-Mart, b/c they have 4$ prescriptions
__________________
Date Received: 5/29/2013 Nebraska Service Center.
Received Biometrics Letter: 6/11/2013
Biometrics Appointment: 7/2/2013
I-821D and I765 approved 9/23/2013!!!!
EAD received in the mail: 9/26/2013!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Ed
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Ed
Find all posts by Ed
#15
12-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Apr 2006
186 posts
max
0 AP
Does it matter if your illegal & do they ask you for your social. Can I use my ITIN #.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
max
View Public Profile
Send a private message to max
Visit max's homepage!
Find all posts by max
#16
12-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Senior Member
From Pennsylvania
Joined in Sep 2007
909 posts
MariaG1987's Avatar
MariaG1987
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by max View Post
Does it matter if your illegal & do they ask you for your social. Can I use my ITIN #.
So I tried this out. My boss was able to provide us with health insurance starting Jan. 2008 and I put down my ITIN # instead of a SSN and I got approved.. no problems so far. Actually, I just got a letter from the company welcoming me, lol.

Anyway, I don't think they should care as long as you pay them. The worst thing that could happen is they could reject you.
__________________
Blog: Stuck Between a Dream and Reality Email: [email protected]

"And where we are met with cynicism and doubts and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people: Yes, we can." - Barack Obama
Last edited by MariaG1987; 12-20-2007 at 09:13 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
MariaG1987
View Public Profile
Send a private message to MariaG1987
Visit MariaG1987's homepage!
Find all posts by MariaG1987
#17
12-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Mar 2006
348 posts
SomeGuy_
0 AP
The SSN is typically used as an identifier.

As noted above, they just care about having a paying customer.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
SomeGuy_
View Public Profile
Send a private message to SomeGuy_
Find all posts by SomeGuy_
#18
12-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Senior Member
Joined in May 2006
6,572 posts
Ianus's Avatar
Ianus
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by max View Post
Does it matter if your illegal & do they ask you for your social. Can I use my ITIN #.
I think it matters what state you're in & what type of health insurance you're applying for.In my state the undocumented can have health insurance.
__________________
We shall win our Dream!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Ianus
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Ianus
Find all posts by Ianus
#19
12-29-2007, 04:35 AM
Member
From IL
Joined in Sep 2007
48 posts
Sparklepouf
0 AP
Right now, as others have mentioned, I get insurance through my public university. We are issued university ID #s for privacy reasons - so students do not have to expose their SSNs. Lucky for me - this is the only identifier required on the student health insurance form and I can renew it for a year after graduation (~$500 for the year). After that, I don't know what I'm going to do, I haven't looked into it but I'm going to have to.

Freshman year was the first time I ever had health insurance in my life. I was perfectly healthy, and suddenly it ended up being invaluable when I found that I would be needing surgery etc. that summer. I don't want to think about the 50k+ that would have otherwise needed to come out of pocket.

I hope all of you consider this an issue worth looking into!
__________________
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Sparklepouf
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Sparklepouf
Find all posts by Sparklepouf
#20
12-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Senior Member
From New York
Joined in Aug 2007
2,068 posts
J6's Avatar
J6
0 AP
^I'm glad you had it but you're lucky your university system had insurance. The New York public university system does not and it costs an extravagant amount of money to get coverage. Quite ridiculous given that most people in their teens and twenties don't really use it much.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
J6
View Public Profile
Send a private message to J6
Find all posts by J6
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.