• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

Final order of deportation cases, anyone approved yet? - Page 34

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • « first
  • ‹ previous
  • 4
  • 14
  • 24
  • 30
  • 31
  • 32
  • 33
  • 34
  • 35
  • 36
  • 37
  • 38
  • 44
  • next ›
  • last »
#331
02-14-2013, 10:04 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jun 2008
1,912 posts
MDxOD's Avatar
MDxOD
0 AP
Congrats!
__________________
DACA Timeline
||Vermont|| 9/14 -> 4/18||Approved||
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
MDxOD
View Public Profile
Send a private message to MDxOD
Find all posts by MDxOD
#332
02-15-2013, 02:04 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Mar 2008
113 posts
makgrrl's Avatar
makgrrl
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilmerpalacios View Post
hey everyone, as I predicted it I got approved on the 11th of February. I am so happy. hope everyone else get approved soon
Wow lol congratz!! some predicting skills you have. I am happy for you
__________________
"Verily with every hardship comes ease"-94:5
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
makgrrl
View Public Profile
Send a private message to makgrrl
Find all posts by makgrrl
#333
02-15-2013, 02:13 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Mar 2008
113 posts
makgrrl's Avatar
makgrrl
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by desice View Post
Yeah, I think I do. My lawyer wants to get "rid" of it while applying for DACA.
Cool, I wish you luck with that. I want to get rid of mine too but I have to wait at least until my I 130 is approved then I will contact a lawyer to see if I have a good chance at getting my case closed.
__________________
"Verily with every hardship comes ease"-94:5
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
makgrrl
View Public Profile
Send a private message to makgrrl
Find all posts by makgrrl
#334
02-15-2013, 03:18 AM
Member
Joined in Dec 2012
37 posts
Wilmerpalacios
0 AP
thanks, for now lets just worry about now. if immigration reform passes then we will be set. Congress if very likely to pass at least the dream act this year.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Wilmerpalacios
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Wilmerpalacios
Find all posts by Wilmerpalacios
#335
02-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2012
629 posts
desice's Avatar
desice
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilmerpalacios View Post
I asked a lawyer and she that applying to DACA does not help you get rid of you deportation. she also said that I cant reopen my case right now. the only way for you to reopen your case would be for example to marry a citizen. She said DACA is not a good reason to open you case and close it, and that I could try but they would deny opening up my case again. So if it works for you let us know what he did or will do so we can try the same thing.
Well, that was my understanding. Getting a joint motion to reopen approved from DACA doesn't seem like it's enough. For now, my lawyer just wants to get the DACA completed and submitted.

After USCIS gets it, we'll get to work on getting my case reopened and getting it closed. I guess my situation is a bit unique, and he said that applying for LPR in the future will be easier if the removal order is admin closed or terminated. I agree with your lawyer's sentiments on DACA alone not being a good enough reason, but there are other factors to it I guess.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys updated as things progress--and as my understanding becomes more clear, I can give my opinion on the matter of reopening based on DACA.

PS. Congrats!
Last edited by desice; 02-15-2013 at 09:04 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
desice
View Public Profile
Send a private message to desice
Find all posts by desice
#336
02-15-2013, 09:09 PM
Member
Joined in Jan 2013
62 posts
Indels
0 AP
COngrats!! So glad to hear that man. Hope everyone gets approved soon!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Indels
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Indels
Find all posts by Indels
#337
02-16-2013, 04:05 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2012
193 posts
angelchen1111
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by desice View Post
Well, that was my understanding. Getting a joint motion to reopen approved from DACA doesn't seem like it's enough. For now, my lawyer just wants to get the DACA completed and submitted.

After USCIS gets it, we'll get to work on getting my case reopened and getting it closed. I guess my situation is a bit unique, and he said that applying for LPR in the future will be easier if the removal order is admin closed or terminated. I agree with your lawyer's sentiments on DACA alone not being a good enough reason, but there are other factors to it I guess.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys updated as things progress--and as my understanding becomes more clear, I can give my opinion on the matter of reopening based on DACA.

PS. Congrats!
Can you ask for prosecutorial discretion to reopen and admin close based on Morton's Memo in 2011? Just an idea.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
angelchen1111
View Public Profile
Find all posts by angelchen1111
#338
02-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Senior Member
From FL
Joined in Sep 2010
238 posts
YoTaZ's Avatar
YoTaZ
0 AP
congrats wilmer!!! ... i hit my 5 month mark last week. Any predictions for me? lol
__________________
App sent - 9/11 regular ups mail --- Received - 9/14 Routed to Vermont --- G1145 email - 9/19 (text never came in) --- Receipts by mail - 9/21 --- Biometrics notice - 9/26 for 10/11 --- Walk-in - 09/27 Approved - 04/26/13 EAD 05/01/13 (7 MONTHS 19 DAYS since that day i hesitantly shipped the package)
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
YoTaZ
View Public Profile
Send a private message to YoTaZ
Find all posts by YoTaZ
#339
02-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jan 2013
697 posts
SEPT 06
0 AP
I have Final deportation order since also, I did not attend my court hearing. I did not gradute HS but I have online HS diploma, I dont even know they count online diploma are not? I'm okay on all the other requirements.
I have not yet done service request or have not called yet.... My 6 MONTHS ARE ABOUT TWO WEEKS AWAY...
__________________
renewal sent accepted 4/5/2021
current expired on 6/17/2021
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
SEPT 06
View Public Profile
Send a private message to SEPT 06
Find all posts by SEPT 06
#340
02-17-2013, 11:22 PM
Member
Joined in Dec 2012
37 posts
Wilmerpalacios
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEPT 06 View Post
I have Final deportation order since also, I did not attend my court hearing. I did not gradute HS but I have online HS diploma, I dont even know they count online diploma are not? I'm okay on all the other requirements.
I have not yet done service request or have not called yet.... My 6 MONTHS ARE ABOUT TWO WEEKS AWAY...
don't worry you will get approved. If they did not accept that diploma they would it told you few months ago. I believe that anyone that meets the requirements will get approved. I think that everyone who reaches the six months this month will get approved this month. they know six months is the max so they will get all of us out the way
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Wilmerpalacios
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Wilmerpalacios
Find all posts by Wilmerpalacios
  • « first
  • ‹ previous
  • 4
  • 14
  • 24
  • 30
  • 31
  • 32
  • 33
  • 34
  • 35
  • 36
  • 37
  • 38
  • 44
  • next ›
  • last »


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.