• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > Other Topics > New Members

new guy from Arizona

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
#1
04-16-2009, 06:44 AM
Junior Member
Joined in Apr 2009
3 posts
terribilitalex
0 AP
Hey everyone, My name is Alejandro and I currently attend Arizona State University trying to get my Graphic Design degree. I moved to the U.S. when I was four years old and was lucky enough to obtain my citizenship a couple years back. I hope to not be like many out there that once they have gained citizenship, forget about others that have not yet. I have family and friends that would be greatly benefited from the Dream Act and I want to get more involved in any way I possibly can.

If any one knows of any events or groups around ASU please let me know.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
terribilitalex
View Public Profile
Send a private message to terribilitalex
Find all posts by terribilitalex
#2
04-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2007
1,507 posts
Youguysareawesome's Avatar
Youguysareawesome
0 AP
Welcome! Stick around.

Here is a list of groups.
http://adreamdeferred.org/links
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Youguysareawesome
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Youguysareawesome
Find all posts by Youguysareawesome
#3
04-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Apr 2009
2,582 posts
Ali
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squad View Post
Thank you x1000000

It takes a REAL MAN to give a voice to those who are forced to live in the shadows.
Not to mention it's AZ. I commend you for keeping your sanity!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Ali
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Ali
Find all posts by Ali
#4
04-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Senior Member
From Texas
Joined in Apr 2009
146 posts
JGuevara1986's Avatar
JGuevara1986
0 AP
Hopefully they pass the DREAM ACT to help us all!!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
JGuevara1986
View Public Profile
Send a private message to JGuevara1986
Find all posts by JGuevara1986
#5
04-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Junior Member
Joined in Apr 2009
3 posts
terribilitalex
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youguysareawesome View Post
Welcome! Stick around.

Here is a list of groups.
http://adreamdeferred.org/links
thanks for that and thanks for the welcome!

I know there are a couple groups here on campus that I.ve heard speak during the lunch hour activities. I.ll ask around campus but I.ll also look into the organizations on that link.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
terribilitalex
View Public Profile
Send a private message to terribilitalex
Find all posts by terribilitalex
#6
04-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Senior Member
From Fort Worth, Texas
Joined in Dec 2008
904 posts
john_smith's Avatar
john_smith
0 AP
welcome terribilitalex, Make you to stick around,
also how did you heard about our forums community?
__________________
`
Daca.Us, a site for dreamers like you and me:


Daca.Us
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
john_smith
View Public Profile
Send a private message to john_smith
Find all posts by john_smith
#7
04-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Junior Member
Joined in Apr 2009
3 posts
terribilitalex
0 AP
I was actually doing research for one of my design courses. We have to present an issue that is important and relevant that has to do with social justice, sustainability, and social good in general. We then have to find graphic design awareness campaigns and present them to our class, along with an explanation of the issue itself.

I had been meaning to become more informed about the DREAM Act and ways to get involved, and it just seemed fitting to use this project to bring attention to an issue that is really important.


So bare with me as I keep reading and learning all about the DREAM Act, as the technicalities are still new to me.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
terribilitalex
View Public Profile
Send a private message to terribilitalex
Find all posts by terribilitalex


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.