• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > Other Topics > New Members

Fafsa Grad School / Loans

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
#1
05-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Junior Member
Joined in May 2009
1 posts
nomatterwhat
0 AP
Hi everyone,

I have got a BS from an American University. So, far I have paid for my education out of pocket. Recently, I was accepted at an expensive grad school. This has always been my dream and what I have worked so hard for.

I don't have a GC. I will need loans to pay for my grad education and all the options I have encountered so far require FAFSA application. I am not familiar with FAFSA forms and, honestly, I am a little intimidated by them.

Any thoughts or suggestion of how I should go about filling out FAFSA? Should I do it or not? How should I fill out the citizenship status field? Any other ideas about how to obtain a loan? What options do I have?

PS: I am fortunate to have a valid SSN and DL.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by nomatterwhat; 05-08-2009 at 05:56 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
nomatterwhat
View Public Profile
Send a private message to nomatterwhat
Find all posts by nomatterwhat
#2
05-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2007
1,507 posts
Youguysareawesome's Avatar
Youguysareawesome
0 AP
Welcome and stick around!

We do not qualify for government loans so FASA is slightly pointless. Some schools want you to fill it out anyways so they get an idea of where your family stands financially but you will not get loans or grants from the government. Graduate education for is similar to undergrad, we pay out of pocket or hope for a scholarship.

Here is a thread that might help you. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the finance part because it really depends on the department, the year, and how badly they want you.

http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=8508
Last edited by Youguysareawesome; 05-09-2009 at 10:26 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Youguysareawesome
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Youguysareawesome
Find all posts by Youguysareawesome
#3
05-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Junior Member
Joined in May 2009
18 posts
ohsochill
0 AP
How do you have a SSN and DL?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
ohsochill
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ohsochill
Find all posts by ohsochill


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.