• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > Other Topics > Other Topics

Any good books?

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • next ›
#1
08-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jun 2009
307 posts
jothesh2's Avatar
jothesh2
0 AP
I been kinda bored lately since I have to save every bit of my money. So I wanted to get into reading. So I was wondering what are good books to read?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jothesh2
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jothesh2
Find all posts by jothesh2
#2
08-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Senior Member
From Utah
Joined in Jan 2009
992 posts
DreamBaybeh's Avatar
DreamBaybeh
0 AP
I read "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell, it was amazing. It's non-fiction, but it's still great. It tells different success stories, and... just a lot of things. It was really really good
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
DreamBaybeh
View Public Profile
Send a private message to DreamBaybeh
Visit DreamBaybeh's homepage!
Find all posts by DreamBaybeh
#3
08-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Senior Member
From Los Angeles
Joined in Jan 2007
1,044 posts
drvenom's Avatar
drvenom
0 AP
You might want to look into those free online courses from Yale Berkeley. Some of the reading material can be found online.
__________________
Year arrived and age at time of arrival: 1989, 8
Education level: Two Master's (Econ and Math); Can't afford a PhD.
DACA: I was too old by 5 days.
Expanded Daca: I should be good now.
Bitter? Optimistic
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
drvenom
View Public Profile
Send a private message to drvenom
Find all posts by drvenom
#4
08-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Mar 2008
587 posts
dreamerhippie's Avatar
dreamerhippie
0 AP
Erase / Rewind
__________________
"Yo no hablo de venganzas ni perdones, el olvido es la única venganza y el único perdón." - Jorge Luis Borges
Last edited by dreamerhippie; 10-27-2009 at 11:12 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
dreamerhippie
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dreamerhippie
Find all posts by dreamerhippie
#5
08-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Senior Member
Joined in May 2008
262 posts
Gateway89's Avatar
Gateway89
0 AP
YOU HAVE TO READ

MEN'S SEARCHING FOR MEANING by Victor Frankl

THE BEST!
__________________
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Gateway89
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Gateway89
Find all posts by Gateway89
#6
08-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2008
373 posts
Fish
0 AP
Water for Elephants
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Fish
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Fish
Find all posts by Fish
#7
08-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Member
Joined in Jul 2009
78 posts
hkk24's Avatar
hkk24
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway89 View Post
YOU HAVE TO READ

MEN'S SEARCHING FOR MEANING by Victor Frankl

THE BEST!
I completely agree with him!
That mook is great!

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte is REALLY good too!
A really easy, but good read is Grayson by Lynne Cox.
__________________
"Wait as long as you need to. The waiting is as important as the doing: it's the time you spend training and the rest in between; it's painting the subject and the space in between; it's the reading and the thinking about what you've read;it's written words, what is said, what is left unsaid, the space between the thoughts on the page, that makes the story." ♥
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
hkk24
View Public Profile
Send a private message to hkk24
Find all posts by hkk24
#8
08-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Member
From FL
Joined in May 2007
83 posts
DreamerGirl717
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamBaybeh View Post
I read "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell, it was amazing. It's non-fiction, but it's still great. It tells different success stories, and... just a lot of things. It was really really good
I've been wanting to read that for a while but never got around to doing so. I heard that "Blink", also by Malcolm Gladwell, is a great book too. Both of them are on my list of books to read .
__________________
A dream you dream alone is only a dream.
A dream you dream together is reality.
-John Lennon.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
DreamerGirl717
View Public Profile
Send a private message to DreamerGirl717
Find all posts by DreamerGirl717
#9
08-05-2009, 06:05 PM
BANNED
From Los Angeles, CA
Joined in Mar 2006
1,940 posts
juang
0 AP
I say go read Double Your Dating by David DeAngelo, that way you'll find girls and go out on dates or whatever instead of asking for advice on "good books" in an internet forum.

oh, and if you're a girl...


Hey, my name is juang, how are you?

Are you single, pretty, funny, smart, without kids, and willing to support me financially?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
juang
View Public Profile
Visit juang's homepage!
Find all posts by juang
#10
08-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jun 2009
307 posts
jothesh2's Avatar
jothesh2
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by juang View Post
I say go read Double Your Dating by David DeAngelo, that way you'll find girls and go out on dates or whatever instead of asking for advice on "good books" in an internet forum.

oh, and if you're a girl...


Hey, my name is juang, how are you?

Are you single, pretty, funny, smart, without kids, and willing to support me financially?
Why did you assume I need help with girls? I don't but thanks anyways. I used to be a man whore. (Yea ! youre not the only one DrVenom lol )

But Thanks everyone for the book advice. I will surely read all of them in time
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
jothesh2
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jothesh2
Find all posts by jothesh2
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.