• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

What if..

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
#1
12-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Junior Member
Joined in Dec 2010
2 posts
Sunkissedtrampoline
0 AP
A legal person applies for it? I'm foreign born and have an a2 visa. But I'm transferring next fall to a university and I can't get any aids and loans. I can't apply to internships nor work in general.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Sunkissedtrampoline
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Sunkissedtrampoline
Find all posts by Sunkissedtrampoline
#2
12-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Dec 2010
174 posts
CosmicNightmare
0 AP
You have to be out of status.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
CosmicNightmare
View Public Profile
Send a private message to CosmicNightmare
Find all posts by CosmicNightmare
#3
12-18-2010, 04:52 AM
Senior Member
From Dallas, TX
Joined in Oct 2010
1,152 posts
cooltalker's Avatar
cooltalker
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunkissedtrampoline View Post
A legal person applies for it? I'm foreign born and have an a2 visa. But I'm transferring next fall to a university and I can't get any aids and loans. I can't apply to internships nor work in general.

Dream act applicants WILL NOT get in-state tuition, grants (aid) or loans. Please get your facts right.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
cooltalker
View Public Profile
Send a private message to cooltalker
Find all posts by cooltalker
#4
12-18-2010, 05:48 AM
Junior Member
Joined in Nov 2010
8 posts
dreaminginsocal
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltalker View Post
Dream act applicants WILL NOT get in-state tuition, grants (aid) or loans. Please get your facts right.
there's the part about applying for internships and working too. calm down lol
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
dreaminginsocal
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dreaminginsocal
Find all posts by dreaminginsocal
#5
12-18-2010, 05:52 AM
Senior Member
From Dallas, TX
Joined in Oct 2010
1,152 posts
cooltalker's Avatar
cooltalker
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaminginsocal View Post
there's the part about applying for internships and working too. calm down lol
Lol, it just drives crazy when antis succeed making people believe that we will get in-state tuition, grants, loans and government benefits.

Of course, we will be eligible to work and drive, or else there would be no point in passing the dream act.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
cooltalker
View Public Profile
Send a private message to cooltalker
Find all posts by cooltalker
#6
12-18-2010, 05:53 AM
Senior Member
From New York City
Joined in Apr 2010
731 posts
nydreamer's Avatar
nydreamer
0 AP
What about the states that already offer in state tuition like New York? If DA passes, will I still be able to pay in-state?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
nydreamer
View Public Profile
Send a private message to nydreamer
Find all posts by nydreamer


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.