• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

High School Transcript Grades

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
#1
07-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jul 2012
310 posts
Dreamernb87's Avatar
Dreamernb87
0 AP
I know this sounds silly but, do you think they will take into consideration your H.S grades, GPA etc when you apply for DACA (Deffered Action for Childhood Arrivals)?
I was hoping to submit my transcript to prove 5+ years of continuously residency... But I'm hesitant.
One could argue USCIS isn't a college and as long as you meet all the requirements you are okay, but then again why would they approve someone's application with such poor grades and overall "bleak" educational future.

I'm 25 years old, came to the U.S when i was 14 in 2001, been living here ever since I graduated from H.S with a GPA of 1.8, never been arrested no criminals records.

Any thoughts?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Dreamernb87
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Dreamernb87
Find all posts by Dreamernb87
#2
07-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2009
203 posts
M42
49 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamernb87 View Post
I know this sounds silly but, do you think they will take into consideration your H.S grades, GPA etc when you apply for DACA (Deffered Action for Childhood Arrivals)?
I was hoping to submit my transcript to prove 5+ years of continuously residency... But I'm hesitant.
One could argue USCIS isn't a college and as long as you meet all the requirements you are okay, but then again why would they approve someone's application with such poor grades and overall "bleak" educational future.

I'm 25 years old, came to the U.S when i was 14 in 2001, been living here ever since I graduated from H.S with a GPA of 1.8, never been arrested no criminals records.

Any thoughts?
If you graduated and got your diploma, you'll be fine. They won't care
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
M42
View Public Profile
Send a private message to M42
Find all posts by M42
#3
07-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Nov 2010
1,675 posts
TexasDreamy
0 AP
I'm pretty sure you're not applying for a scholarship here, heh.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
TexasDreamy
View Public Profile
Send a private message to TexasDreamy
Find all posts by TexasDreamy
#4
07-27-2012, 10:56 PM
BANNED
Joined in Sep 2009
1,399 posts
Chyno
0 AP
They are not going to deny you because of bad grades.

May I ask why such low high school GPA?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Chyno
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Chyno


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.