• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

Dreamers succeed through Linkedin

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
#1
03-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jan 2009
266 posts
Ethoswithme
0 AP
Now that many dreamers are getting their work permits it is time to look for jobs and start networking. One of the best ways to do this is to start networking with allies and other professional dreamers that have been successful in obtaining good paying jobs. This group will allow us to find, business partners, future co workers, friends, etc. We have to start to find our success and make up the time that we have lost in our careers. Please join this group and lets help each other out to succeed.

Thanks guys,

Jaime S.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4...k=myg_ugrp_ovr
__________________
Date Application Sent - Oct 2 Arizona lockbox
Date acceptance letter of application received -
Date of I-797 C Notice of Action
Date Biometrics scheduled -
Date of EAD received -
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Ethoswithme
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Ethoswithme
Find all posts by Ethoswithme
#2
03-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Senior Member
From Texas
Joined in Sep 2012
3,208 posts
msaccountant
130 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethoswithme View Post
Now that many dreamers are getting their work permits it is time to look for jobs and start networking. One of the best ways to do this is to start networking with allies and other professional dreamers that have been successful in obtaining good paying jobs. This group will allow us to find, business partners, future co workers, friends, etc. We have to start to find our success and make up the time that we have lost in our careers. Please join this group and lets help each other out to succeed.

Thanks guys,

Jaime S.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4...k=myg_ugrp_ovr
Cool OP! I will make sure to take a look at it I don't have an account with LinkedIN yet.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
msaccountant
View Public Profile
Send a private message to msaccountant
Find all posts by msaccountant
#3
03-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2010
1,367 posts
Task_1539's Avatar
Task_1539
0 AP
I joined, name Jose Contreras Nava.

My profile is pretty empty, haven't really updated it since creating it
__________________
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Task_1539
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Task_1539
Find all posts by Task_1539
#4
03-07-2013, 01:41 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Jan 2009
266 posts
Ethoswithme
0 AP
Thanks guys Ill keep announcing this group to help each other out.
__________________
Date Application Sent - Oct 2 Arizona lockbox
Date acceptance letter of application received -
Date of I-797 C Notice of Action
Date Biometrics scheduled -
Date of EAD received -
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Ethoswithme
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Ethoswithme
Find all posts by Ethoswithme
#5
03-07-2013, 03:19 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Apr 2009
3,098 posts
fl_dreamer
0 AP
Sorry but the name of the group concerns me. I don't want a potential employer thinking I am a dreamer-- first thing they think is "illegal".. ruins the chances even before we have a shot.

I know I may get some slack here for the comment but just keepin the real folks!
__________________
Expires: 10/2021. Renewal for extension post 2021 sent.
Update your signature: Click on username, control panel, user settings,edit signature
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
fl_dreamer
View Public Profile
Send a private message to fl_dreamer
Find all posts by fl_dreamer
#6
03-07-2013, 03:42 AM
Junior Member
From DELHI
Joined in Mar 2013
2 posts
carlmax
0 AP
yes i hope this helps me too..thans for posting
__________________
Rajasthan Tour India Car Loan Manali Tour Packages
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
carlmax
View Public Profile
Send a private message to carlmax
Visit carlmax's homepage!
Find all posts by carlmax
#7
03-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2010
1,367 posts
Task_1539's Avatar
Task_1539
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_dreamer View Post
Sorry but the name of the group concerns me. I don't want a potential employer thinking I am a dreamer-- first thing they think is "illegal".. ruins the chances even before we have a shot.

I know I may get some slack here for the comment but just keepin the real folks!
lol, I suppose the description in particular can be a little misleading!
__________________
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Task_1539
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Task_1539
Find all posts by Task_1539
#8
03-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jan 2009
266 posts
Ethoswithme
0 AP
I know some of you might be worried employers might not like that you are a dreamer but on the other spectrum there are tons of employers who are actively looking for DREAMERS believe it or not. Unions, nonprofits, private companies are intentionally targeting dreamers to hire. Since we have gotten so much press coverage being a dreamer is a brand now. I know this from personal experience as I have been getting jobs offers from several orgs just for being a dreamer. Personally I feel much better working for Orgs that support our cause. In addition to that we are in the beginning of a big demographic change in politics as we all saw by the latino vote coming out to vote for Obama. Even now the GOP is looking to reach out to latinos. So if you want to ride this wave I would recommend coming out and getting more out of it than worrying about a couple of employers not wanting to hire you that you would not be happy working for anyways.

My two cents.
__________________
Date Application Sent - Oct 2 Arizona lockbox
Date acceptance letter of application received -
Date of I-797 C Notice of Action
Date Biometrics scheduled -
Date of EAD received -
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Ethoswithme
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Ethoswithme
Find all posts by Ethoswithme
#9
03-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jan 2009
266 posts
Ethoswithme
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_dreamer View Post
Sorry but the name of the group concerns me. I don't want a potential employer thinking I am a dreamer-- first thing they think is "illegal".. ruins the chances even before we have a shot.

I know I may get some slack here for the comment but just keepin the real folks!
I know some of you might be worried employers might not like that you are a dreamer but on the other spectrum there are tons of employers who are actively looking for DREAMERS believe it or not. Unions, nonprofits, private companies are intentionally targeting dreamers to hire. Since we have gotten so much press coverage being a dreamer is a brand now. I know this from personal experience as I have been getting jobs offers from several orgs just for being a dreamer. Personally I feel much better working for Orgs that support our cause. In addition to that we are in the beginning of a big demographic change in politics as we all saw by the latino vote coming out to vote for Obama. Even now the GOP is looking to reach out to latinos. So if you want to ride this wave I would recommend coming out and getting more out of it than worrying about a couple of employers not wanting to hire you that you would not be happy working for anyways.
__________________
Date Application Sent - Oct 2 Arizona lockbox
Date acceptance letter of application received -
Date of I-797 C Notice of Action
Date Biometrics scheduled -
Date of EAD received -
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Ethoswithme
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Ethoswithme
Find all posts by Ethoswithme
#10
03-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Senior Member
Joined in May 2010
128 posts
FSL
0 AP
The name of this group concerns me too. Even though I am a dreamer, I don't want to make things worse for me to find a job... I don't think employers like the fact that we are still technically undocumented...
__________________
Approved.
EAD, SSN, DL received...
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
FSL
View Public Profile
Send a private message to FSL
Find all posts by FSL


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.