• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

what do u do?

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • next ›
#1
06-10-2013, 04:32 PM
Member
Joined in May 2013
56 posts
Index
0 AP
When your whole family is against you telling you that your lazy and afraid to work
When your just thinking like how am I supposed to find a steady job when i don't have a ssn?!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Index
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Index
Find all posts by Index
#2
06-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jul 2012
372 posts
ThelmaM
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Index View Post
When your whole family is against you telling you that your lazy and afraid to work
When your just thinking like how am I supposed to find a steady job when i don't have a ssn?!
You just keep moving forward. The same thing is happening in my family my parents are quick to judge my husband because he has no steady job but there isn't anything out there they everify everywhere. They say I do too much because I have a good steady job and so they expect him to do the same. Good luck to you did you apply for DACA?
__________________
Mailed: 4/5/13Received: 4/9/13Routed to Nebraska: 4/11/13Received Receipt Letters: 4/15/13Received Biometrics Letter: 4/29/13Biometrics Appointment: 5/21/13Approved: 7/22/13
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
ThelmaM
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ThelmaM
Find all posts by ThelmaM
#3
06-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Member
Joined in May 2013
53 posts
Audiocrazy27
0 AP
I've been working since I was 15 without a ssn, I'm 27 now and waiting for my ssn card to arrive in mail. It's hard to find a steady job good paying job but we must never give up.
__________________
App sent: 4-4-13
App received: 4-8-13 Chicago routed to Texas Service Center
Bio letter: 4-12-13 Bio scheduled: 5-3-13 (walk-in) 4-17-13
Approved: 5-10-13. EAD mailed: 5-14-13
EAD received: 5-17-13. SS#: App. 5-20-13 Rec. 6-17-13. ID/DL 6/18/13
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Audiocrazy27
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Audiocrazy27
Find all posts by Audiocrazy27
#4
06-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Apr 2013
1,014 posts
TexanJose's Avatar
TexanJose
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Index View Post
When your whole family is against you telling you that your lazy and afraid to work
When your just thinking like how am I supposed to find a steady job when i don't have a ssn?!
"Thanks for bringing me here illegal.". I haven't had the need to say that, but when I'm mad I almost do it.

EDIT: I jumped to fast...what's your age and who is telling you that? (Parents? Uncles?)
__________________
Original: App. Received by USCIS: 04/15/2013 - Approvals: i821d 04/14/2014 & i765 04/17/2014
Renewal: Received by USCIS on 11/25/2015 - ASC on 12/23/2015 - Approved
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
TexanJose
View Public Profile
Send a private message to TexanJose
Find all posts by TexanJose
#5
06-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Member
Joined in May 2013
56 posts
Index
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaM View Post
You just keep moving forward. The same thing is happening in my family my parents are quick to judge my husband because he has no steady job but there isn't anything out there they everify everywhere. They say I do too much because I have a good steady job and so they expect him to do the same. Good luck to you did you apply for DACA?
Yes I did I apply for DACA im just waiting for it thats like my second chance
And prove them all wrong
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Index
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Index
Find all posts by Index
#6
06-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Member
Joined in May 2013
56 posts
Index
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanJose View Post
"Thanks for bringing me here illegal.". I haven't had the need to say that, but when I'm mad I almost do it.

EDIT: I jumped to fast...what's your age and who is telling you that? (Parents? Uncles?)
I tell them its there fault but all they do is blame someone els
Or give me the same lecture
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Index
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Index
Find all posts by Index
#7
06-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Oct 2012
384 posts
hawkeye2013
0 AP
well, when you get approved and get your SSN, you can get a job and prove them all wrong. then they'll bitch about you thinking that you're better then them or that you're never home. they'll always find something to complain about.

just to have to learn to ignore them
__________________
Date Sent 09/18/2012 Date Received 09/21/12
Date of Biometrics: October 24, 2012
2nd RFE update: 03/18/13 Received: 03/21/13
(asking for BC, 07 residency & HS transcript)
Date of Approval: 07/09/13 Date EAD Received: 07/13/13
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
hawkeye2013
View Public Profile
Send a private message to hawkeye2013
Find all posts by hawkeye2013
#8
06-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Member
Joined in May 2013
56 posts
Index
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2013 View Post
well, when you get approved and get your SSN, you can get a job and prove them all wrong. then they'll bitch about you thinking that you're better then them or that you're never home. they'll always find something to complain about.

just to have to learn to ignore them
I already ignore them 90% of the time
They'll see how much our ppace changes with out me around
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Index
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Index
Find all posts by Index
#9
06-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Nov 2012
15,081 posts
Pianoswithoutfaith's Avatar
Pianoswithoutfaith
30 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Index View Post
I tell them its there fault but all they do is blame someone els
Or give me the same lecture

This thread is beyong laughable. How old are you kids?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Face View Post
I personally knew that if he wins he's not going to be touching DACA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Face View Post
I hope Trump wins second term.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBefore1984 View Post
Tranny is not derogatory term dummy
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Pianoswithoutfaith
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Pianoswithoutfaith
Find all posts by Pianoswithoutfaith
#10
06-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Mar 2013
819 posts
Tonyhasadream's Avatar
Tonyhasadream
0 AP
Not steady jobs but sometimes you can find something temporary on craigslist, just go to the jobs section.
__________________
Delivered to Nebraska: 3/19
Biometrics appointment date: 4/24 no walk in.
RFE: 3/25/2014
RFE received: 4/10/2014
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Tonyhasadream
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Tonyhasadream
Find all posts by Tonyhasadream
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.