• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

Living in PR?

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
#1
03-09-2017, 03:44 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2013
852 posts
FLDreamerrr
0 AP
Has any dreamer ever thought if anything goes downhill maybe moving to puerto Rico , maybe settle down there until you get your status situated ? I know their economy is horrible and it would be tough but since it's still us territory I feel like it would be better than most of our countries . The reason why I'm saying there because I doubt there would be any ice raids down there , and once you get your status situated flying back to the main land would be easy.

Stupid question but just a thought I guess
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
FLDreamerrr
View Public Profile
Send a private message to FLDreamerrr
Find all posts by FLDreamerrr
#2
03-09-2017, 05:58 PM
Senior Member
From Virginia
Joined in Aug 2012
2,330 posts
Malign0n's Avatar
Malign0n
0 AP
I don't see why that isn't such a bad idea. I mean I don't know of ICE presence in PR but maybe find out about it. You'll need to find work and the living conditions in PR are different from the mainland U.S. If you can manage then I don't see why you can't.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Malign0n
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Malign0n
Find all posts by Malign0n
#3
03-10-2017, 11:27 AM
Member
Joined in Jan 2017
64 posts
Future accountant
0 AP
Ice is very much present in PR. I watched one of those border security shows on netflix. Drug smuggling is common down there so border control is present
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Future accountant
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Future accountant
Find all posts by Future accountant
#4
03-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Senior Member
Joined in May 2006
6,572 posts
Ianus's Avatar
Ianus
0 AP
Indeed, border controls are tight in PR. Some I know from there indicate it is due to the massive amounts of document fraud, especially surrounding birth certificates.
__________________
We shall win our Dream!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Ianus
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Ianus
Find all posts by Ianus


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.