• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

How to bypass automated system when calling USCIS?

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • next ›
#1
11-21-2020, 11:57 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Jan 2017
232 posts
thedelight21
0 AP
We’ve tried calling USCIS, but unable to speak to an agent. The new stupid automated system won’t direct us an agent and just ends the call. How has anyone gotten to speak to a real agent? I’ve tried saying representative, update info, case status, and the automated system just won’t transfer the call. After multiple attempts, it says “it looks like I can’t help you, so I will end the call”.
Last edited by thedelight21; 11-21-2020 at 12:07 PM..
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
thedelight21
View Public Profile
Send a private message to thedelight21
Find all posts by thedelight21
#2
11-23-2020, 11:50 AM
Senior Member
From Texas
Joined in Aug 2011
147 posts
astroxp's Avatar
astroxp
0 AP
THANK YOU! I'm in the same boat as you and it is just maddening!
__________________
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
astroxp
View Public Profile
Send a private message to astroxp
Visit astroxp's homepage!
Find all posts by astroxp
#3
11-23-2020, 02:14 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jul 2009
568 posts
gzmn_ntn
370 AP
I used "18003755283" back in June when trying to speak to a rep about my case being out of processing time range, and back again in sept when trying to set up an infopass appointment for my mom. It will take a long time but that number should work. I think I spent 1 hr to 2 hrs each time.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
gzmn_ntn
View Public Profile
Send a private message to gzmn_ntn
Find all posts by gzmn_ntn
#4
11-23-2020, 03:43 PM
Senior Member
From Texas
Joined in Aug 2011
147 posts
astroxp's Avatar
astroxp
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzmn_ntn View Post
I used "18003755283" back in June when trying to speak to a rep about my case being out of processing time range, and back again in sept when trying to set up an infopass appointment for my mom. It will take a long time but that number should work. I think I spent 1 hr to 2 hrs each time.
yes, that's the same number we are using and the automated system won't let you speak with anyone like OP said
__________________
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
astroxp
View Public Profile
Send a private message to astroxp
Visit astroxp's homepage!
Find all posts by astroxp
#5
11-23-2020, 05:08 PM
Moderator
Joined in Mar 2006
6,465 posts
Swim19's Avatar
Swim19
190 AP
Try reaching out to your Congress Representative...they can usually contact USCIS on your behalf
__________________
Initial Approval: 11/13/12
1st Renewal: 10-7-14
2nd Renewal: 10/12/16
3rd Renewal: 5/16/2018
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Swim19
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Swim19
Find all posts by Swim19
#6
11-23-2020, 06:14 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jan 2017
232 posts
thedelight21
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzmn_ntn View Post
I used "18003755283" back in June when trying to speak to a rep about my case being out of processing time range, and back again in sept when trying to set up an infopass appointment for my mom. It will take a long time but that number should work. I think I spent 1 hr to 2 hrs each time.
Yeah, that’s the number I’ve been using. So, what do you say to the automated system to get you through to an actual person?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
thedelight21
View Public Profile
Send a private message to thedelight21
Find all posts by thedelight21
#7
11-23-2020, 10:16 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jul 2009
568 posts
gzmn_ntn
370 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedelight21 View Post
Yeah, that’s the number I’ve been using. So, what do you say to the automated system to get you through to an actual person?
Honestly I just start pressing 0 after it asks me whether I want Spanish or English. 0, then it will ask me for the receipt number or A number and then just wait and wait and finally get to a person. I've noticed that the best time to call is early in the am. They open up at 5 am Cali time. I spent 1 week calling before I got a hold of someone. Stressful as fuck but worth it for my mom.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
gzmn_ntn
View Public Profile
Send a private message to gzmn_ntn
Find all posts by gzmn_ntn
#8
11-24-2020, 04:01 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2013
852 posts
FLDreamerrr
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swim19 View Post
Try reaching out to your Congress Representative...they can usually contact USCIS on your behalf
How do we find out who’s our congress representative ?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
FLDreamerrr
View Public Profile
Send a private message to FLDreamerrr
Find all posts by FLDreamerrr
#9
11-24-2020, 04:45 PM
Moderator
Joined in Mar 2006
6,465 posts
Swim19's Avatar
Swim19
190 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLDreamerrr View Post
How do we find out who’s our congress representative ?
Type in your zip code/address here:

https://www.house.gov/representative...representative
__________________
Initial Approval: 11/13/12
1st Renewal: 10-7-14
2nd Renewal: 10/12/16
3rd Renewal: 5/16/2018
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Swim19
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Swim19
Find all posts by Swim19
#10
11-25-2020, 01:01 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Jan 2017
232 posts
thedelight21
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzmn_ntn View Post
Honestly I just start pressing 0 after it asks me whether I want Spanish or English. 0, then it will ask me for the receipt number or A number and then just wait and wait and finally get to a person. I've noticed that the best time to call is early in the am. They open up at 5 am Cali time. I spent 1 week calling before I got a hold of someone. Stressful as fuck but worth it for my mom.
After you say/enter your receipt #, it asks what it can help you with. What did you say?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
thedelight21
View Public Profile
Send a private message to thedelight21
Find all posts by thedelight21
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.