• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
DAP Forums > Other Topics > Other Topics

Went to ER. - Page 3

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • next ›
#21
09-29-2013, 09:17 AM
Moderator
Joined in Mar 2006
6,465 posts
Swim19's Avatar
Swim19
190 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyman0607 View Post
As someone who has family in Canada and France, and from what I've been told from them is "trust me you don't want universal healthcare in the U.S." You get put on a 6 month waiting list just to have surgery, the quality sucks and you get to pay a shitload of extra taxes. If you wanna live in a country like that, go to France, from your comment it seems like you wouldn't mind such a socialist country anyway.

And I have visited family and friends in the hospital over the years and the treatment they've gotten seems to be spot on.


I don't recall claiming no. 1 in healthcare, I said brilliant doctors. We are the most innovative when it comes to reaserch for medicine and coming up with cures.

Way to jump on the band-wagon
I have friends and family in Europe and UK. The waiting list is only for nonemergency surgery. If you need surgery to save your life, they don't make you wait. Also you can buy private insurance or pay doctor out of pocket if you have the money and don't want to wait.
__________________
Initial Approval: 11/13/12
1st Renewal: 10-7-14
2nd Renewal: 10/12/16
3rd Renewal: 5/16/2018
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Swim19
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Swim19
Find all posts by Swim19
#22
09-29-2013, 09:55 AM
Senior Member
Joined in Aug 2011
5,715 posts
IamAman's Avatar
IamAman
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanJose View Post
Plus, we live in a CAPITALIST society. You want subsidized healthcare? Go to Europe. Or South America. Or Cuba.
Just realize that the same people who are saying that are the same people who want you and I deported. It's the old "I have mine, so screw you". While it's true that we all have different abilities and a wealthy person can buy a $300k car and live in a $5 million while someone else lives in a $600 a month apartment, I don't think it means that if the poor person gets sick, they have to go die.

Really what ends up happening is that the poor person goes to the ER and gets patched up without really solving the issue and we still pay. That's why the ACA is so great and Republicans know this. They know people will like it once all the initial scare tactics dies down.
__________________
Late 40's Dreamer (Holy Fucking shit I'm almost 50 and still dealing with this), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
IamAman
View Public Profile
Send a private message to IamAman
Find all posts by IamAman
#23
09-29-2013, 12:05 PM
BANNED
Joined in Oct 2012
2,487 posts
Happyman0607
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone2oo0 View Post
friends and family in other countries? come on man, can you come up with self experiences here? What hospitals are you speaking of? What about the masses who can't afford healthcare due to the outrageous price they charge? You're coming from a Republican perspective and guess what? You're entitled to that perspective, but you can't speak for the millions who will benefit from obamacare. Those senators who are fighting against it have a lot to lose. TONS. Everybody does. As a Tax Payer, i don't mind obamacare, AT ALL. Make those visits to the ER more affordable, fuck it. You become a doctor now a days for the money not because you want to help people. Hippocratic Oath, that should be brought up. France and Canada, come at me when you have experience in the US.
That would defeat the purpose if I gave you experiences of my own because obamacare would make our health system like Canada's. And if you become a doctor you should be paid very well because medical school isn't cheap and it isn't easy, why would you want to be in school for years and years and 100s of thousands in debt when you'll make as much money as a bartender? It doesn't make sense. No one would want to be a doctor.

I believe the only reason you have such a socialist point of view is because you've never actually worked a job where you had to pay taxes, when you get paid a decent wage and then half of your check goes to taxes then you'll be singing a different tune.

I actually just had family come visit us 3 weeks ago from France and I was talking about his job, he's a head accountant and made $105,000 last year in France he told me he only took home about $50,000 but no big deal because his health care is free. Now tell me how much of that $50,000 are you going to be using every year on health? Shouldn't you only pay for what you want or need? Over 10 years he'll pay over $500,000 in taxes that'll be used to pay for some bums health care, if that's not socialism then idk what is. Point is, if you don't want health care then you should be forced to pay for it and that's what health care reform is, everyone pays for it regardless of what you think.

I pay my taxes and I'm already seeing the effect it's having, it's not good, it needs to go.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Swim19 View Post
I have friends and family in Europe and UK. The waiting list is only for nonemergency surgery. If you need surgery to save your life, they don't make you wait. Also you can buy private insurance or pay doctor out of pocket if you have the money and don't want to wait.
I beg to differ, my friends grandma needed hip surgery and was on a 6 month waiting list, yea not life threatening but you go walk around in excruciating pain for 6 months and rant about your free health care system.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Happyman0607
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Happyman0607
#24
09-29-2013, 01:30 PM
Senior Member
From Virginia
Joined in Aug 2012
2,330 posts
Malign0n's Avatar
Malign0n
0 AP
The Affordable Care Act in NO way changes our healthcare system to resemble anything like the Canadian System.

The Affordable Care Act is a structural reform of the healthcare system that places cost controls and opens up health insurance to those who cannot afford it. There is no single universal government option, like there is in Canada, where the Medicare tax would be used to pool qualified individuals into an insurance-type coverage.

The basic aspects of the reform mandate that the cost controls including virtually every cost control idea anyone has come up with — limits on tax breaks for employer-sponsored health insurance, accountable care organizations, bundled payments, comparative effectiveness analysis, a commission to regulate payments, reforms in insurance design and much more.
That along with new laws preventing insurers, who were basically unregulated, to charge amounts that include a majority of overhead (administrative) costs while lowering the amount of coverage to everyday people.

The new laws do not change how hospitals work. The laws do not interfere with the private investments in innovation within the healthcare industry. And the new law does not change the quality of care that is provided because government funds are not allocated to pay for health services and the reforms do not interfere with competitive elements of the industry
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Malign0n
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Malign0n
Find all posts by Malign0n
#25
09-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Senior Member
Joined in Sep 2012
1,365 posts
zone2oo0's Avatar
zone2oo0
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyman0607 View Post
That would defeat the purpose if I gave you experiences of my own because obamacare would make our health system like Canada's. And if you become a doctor you should be paid very well because medical school isn't cheap and it isn't easy, why would you want to be in school for years and years and 100s of thousands in debt when you'll make as much money as a bartender? It doesn't make sense. No one would want to be a doctor.

I believe the only reason you have such a socialist point of view is because you've never actually worked a job where you had to pay taxes, when you get paid a decent wage and then half of your check goes to taxes then you'll be singing a different tune.

I actually just had family come visit us 3 weeks ago from France and I was talking about his job, he's a head accountant and made $105,000 last year in France he told me he only took home about $50,000 but no big deal because his health care is free. Now tell me how much of that $50,000 are you going to be using every year on health? Shouldn't you only pay for what you want or need? Over 10 years he'll pay over $500,000 in taxes that'll be used to pay for some bums health care, if that's not socialism then idk what is. Point is, if you don't want health care then you should be forced to pay for it and that's what health care reform is, everyone pays for it regardless of what you think.

I pay my taxes and I'm already seeing the effect it's having, it's not good, it needs to go.




I beg to differ, my friends grandma needed hip surgery and was on a 6 month waiting list, yea not life threatening but you go walk around in excruciating pain for 6 months and rant about your free health care system.
What do you do for a living and how much are you getting paid again?

See if you have a shit job, then you would be complaining also. If you make good enough money then you wouldn't mind paying taxes. As a tax payer, i can say these things. LOL
__________________
USCIS SEAL OF APPROVAL.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
zone2oo0
View Public Profile
Send a private message to zone2oo0
Find all posts by zone2oo0
#26
09-29-2013, 04:04 PM
BANNED
Joined in Oct 2012
2,487 posts
Happyman0607
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone2oo0 View Post
What do you do for a living and how much are you getting paid again?

See if you have a shit job, then you would be complaining also. If you make good enough money then you wouldn't mind paying taxes. As a tax payer, i can say these things. LOL
Don't worry about what I do, I work hard and deserve every bit of my money. Again, this is a capitalist society, I don't work to support someone who has a "shit job" why can't someone work and support me?

I don't mind paying taxes, if it wasn't for tax payers the roads wouldn't be paved. I do however mind giving up half my income in taxes though.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Happyman0607
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Happyman0607
#27
09-29-2013, 05:35 PM
BANNED
Joined in Sep 2013
8 posts
Kiangcrab
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyman0607 View Post
Don't worry about what I do, I work hard and deserve every bit of my money. Again, this is a capitalist society, I don't work to support someone who has a "shit job" why can't someone work and support me?

I don't mind paying taxes, if it wasn't for tax payers the roads wouldn't be paved. I do however mind giving up half my income in taxes though.
Hey little boy, you do understand that if you attended publicly funded schooling (which judging by your grammar and vulgarity, I'm assuming you did) then you were "supported" by others. In a socialist society not all of the money collected in taxes go towards healthcare by the way, it is distributed in different directions such as education, public resources, and so on. You're whole this is capitalism and I don't want to support anyone argument doesn't make much sense coming from someone viewed as a leech by the majority of American population. Tough but true.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Kiangcrab
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Kiangcrab
#28
09-29-2013, 06:17 PM
BANNED
Joined in Oct 2012
2,487 posts
Happyman0607
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiangcrab View Post
Hey little boy, you do understand that if you attended publicly funded schooling (which judging by your grammar and vulgarity, I'm assuming you did) then you were "supported" by others. In a socialist society not all of the money collected in taxes go towards healthcare by the way, it is distributed in different directions such as education, public resources, and so on. You're whole this is capitalism and I don't want to support anyone argument doesn't make much sense coming from someone viewed as a leech by the majority of American population. Tough but true.
Cute. Did you make an account just to try making a point?

My parents have been paying taxes for two decades, the school I attended is funded by tax payers like most schools in the United States and those tax payers were my parents.

It doesn't matter what I'm viewed as. It's a fact that health care reform will cost jobs and we'll all pay for it in the long run. Assuming you plan on living in the states for the foreseeable future.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Happyman0607
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Happyman0607
#29
09-29-2013, 06:46 PM
BANNED
Joined in Sep 2013
8 posts
Kiangcrab
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyman0607 View Post
Cute. Did you make an account just to try making a point?

My parents have been paying taxes for two decades, the school I attended is funded by tax payers like most schools in the United States and those tax payers were my parents.

It doesn't matter what I'm viewed as. It's a fact that health care reform will cost jobs and we'll all pay for it in the long run. Assuming you plan on living in the states for the foreseeable future.
Yes sweetheart you're that special, now sit down and pay attention!

Do you not see the irony in your argument? If your parents really did pay their taxes over the past 20 years or so and if they continue paying their taxes now then they are contributing into public education, as you stated, something that they will probably not use and now that you are of age probably don't have much use for.And for the sake of this argument, what about those that elect not to have any children? Is it fair that they have to pay taxes to support snot-nose kids like you? Should your parents say "screw everyone else I got mine"? Education and healthcare go hand in hand because they are essential to a "good" life. And if you don't like that then go back to your country.
It is true that America is still technically a capitalistic society but in the last 80 years we have adopted the ideals of a social democracy in regards to social security, education, and highway system among many other examples.

Unless you are a psychic, there is NO WAY of you knowing what will happen in the future as a result of the new healthcare law. And if you are a psychic, can I have the lottery numbers please?
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Kiangcrab
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Kiangcrab
#30
09-29-2013, 06:48 PM
BANNED
Joined in Sep 2013
8 posts
Kiangcrab
0 AP
Oh and I'm sure that your parents did not pay enough in taxes to completely fund a multimillion dollar institution.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Kiangcrab
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Kiangcrab
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • next ›


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.