• Home
  • Today
  • Advocacy
  • Forum
Donate
  • login
  • register
Home

They need you!

Forum links

  • Recent changes
  • Member list
  • Search
  • Register
Search Forums
 
Advanced Search
Go to Page...

Resources

  • Do I qualify?
  • In-state tuition
  • FAQ
  • Ways to legalize
  • Feedback
  • Contact us

Join our list

National calendar of events

«  

September

  »
S M T W T F S
 
 
1
 
2
 
3
 
4
 
5
 
6
 
7
 
8
 
9
 
10
 
11
 
12
 
13
 
14
 
15
 
16
 
17
 
18
 
19
 
20
 
21
 
22
 
23
 
24
 
25
 
26
 
27
 
28
 
29
 
30
 
 
 
 
Sync with this calendar
DAP Forums > DREAM Act > The Lounge

just financed a car, now bank is asking for my proof of citizenship or green card. - Page 2

  • View
  • Post new reply
  • Thread tools
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2
#11
02-10-2019, 07:02 PM
Junior Member
Joined in Mar 2011
20 posts
eckounlimitd
0 AP
update: dealership ended up finding another bank for me that was able to approve me based on my conditions. thank you bofa.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
eckounlimitd
View Public Profile
Send a private message to eckounlimitd
Find all posts by eckounlimitd
#12
02-10-2019, 07:08 PM
Senior Member
From Virginia
Joined in Aug 2012
2,330 posts
Malign0n's Avatar
Malign0n
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckounlimitd View Post
update: dealership ended up finding another bank for me that was able to approve me based on my conditions. thank you bofa.
Congrats!
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
Malign0n
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Malign0n
Find all posts by Malign0n
#13
02-10-2019, 07:34 PM
Member
Joined in Sep 2015
79 posts
deetx
0 AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckounlimitd View Post
Hey guys.

I'm a bit on a dilemma. I just financed my first car every through Subaru. I'm currently under DACA and was a bit worried about the process. Everything went smoothly with running my credit. My credit was decent, but apparently, the length of credit is a bit short. Anyways, I was approved, signed the paperwork, went home and 3 hours later, salesman tells me that i need to send them a picture of my green card? At that time I was a bit shocked and scared so I said yes and just hung up. Now I'm working with them, telling them i'm in the process of getting mine, and they ask me if i can send form i551 which i dont have.

Just wondering if anyone dealt with this situation before? Last time I tried financing a car the salesman asked me if my social security card have the word only valid for employment on it. I just froze at that point and walked away.

I live in cali. Any help would be great.
Hello there,
Hmm interesting. I would suggest honestly returning the car and go through another dealership and do better research or hold off on getting a car and work on your credit maybe that’s why they asked you for more documents. I’ve bought two cars and never had issues. No co-signer. All they asked me for was Diver’s License and Proof of Insurance. I also have only DACA and live in cali.
Last edited by deetx; 02-10-2019 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: Grammar
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
deetx
View Public Profile
Send a private message to deetx
Find all posts by deetx
#14
02-11-2019, 02:51 PM
Senior Member
Joined in May 2017
158 posts
LMM
0 AP
restocking fees up to $1500. What a scam.

Hopefully your new lease through BoA doesn't mean your rates are through the roof. Try to pay the car within the next year or two tops, the shorter the better so you don't pay triple the car's worth. Glad it worked out.
__________________
Hoping for a brighter future, one where worrying about my status expiring every two years is far, far behind these heavy shoulders.
  • Reply With Quote
Post your reply or quote more messages.
LMM
View Public Profile
Send a private message to LMM
Find all posts by LMM
  • ‹ previous
  • 1
  • 2


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Contact Us - DREAM Act Portal - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.