In-state Tuition in the State of Illinois
Undocumented students residing in Illinois and meeting all of the following requirements are able to pay in-state tuition at public colleges and universities of Illinois set forth by House Bill 60 of the 93rd Illinois General Assembly.
Effective as of May 20, 2003.
- Student has resided in Illinois with his/her parent or guardian while attending public or private high school
- Student has graduated from an Illinois public or private high school or received a GED from IL
- Student has attended an Illinois high school for at least three (3) years
- Student has registered to enter the university no earlier than the Fall 2003 semester
- Student provides the university with an affidavit stating he/she will file an application to become a permanent resident of the U.S. once he/she becomes eligible to do so