This section seeks to identify and highlight other less known legalization options that exist but are not widely known.

  1. Registry-An applicant must have good moral & have lived in the United States before 1972.

  2. S-visa-Known sometimes as the 'Snitch' Visa. This visa appears to be geared toward those who help out US enforcement officials with important information [e.g.Terrorism]. The visa lasts for 3 years and an adjustment application must be made before the visa runs out but can only be made by a US enforcement agency.

  3. T-visa-This visa seems to be more geared toward victims of severe forms of Trafficking whom are willing to help out prosecutors.[e.g of victims;modern slavery,sex workers from other countries]. T-visas are usually valid for 4 years but adjustment of status is complicated.

  4. U-visa-This visa is geared toward crime victims who are certified by law enformcement.The crimes include the following under the U-visa, rape, torture, trafficking, incest, domestic violence, sexual assault, abusive sexual contact, prostitution, sexual exploitation, female genital mutilation, hostage situations, peonage, false imprisonment, involuntary servitude, slave trade, kidnapping, abduction, unlawful criminal restraint, blackmail, extortion, manslaughter, murder, felonious assault, witness tampering, obstruction of justice, perjury or attempt, conspiracy, or solicitation to commit any of the above mentioned crimes.U visas are valid for 4 years upon approval & allow for a relatively simple adjustment procedure.

  5. HRIFA or Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act-This is basically a legalization for Haitian nationals only who were in the country before 1996.

  6. NACARA or Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act-Potentially,this is probably the largest legalization program after the 1986 IRCA bill.Despite its name,It was meant to cover nationals from Guatemala, El Salvador and several former Soviet Union countries with differing requirements pertaining to each country's national. It is best to seek an immigration attorney to see if you truly qualify.

  7. SIJS or Special Immigrant Juvenile Status-This is for children under the age of 21 who currently have no parents & are wards of the State.

  8. VAWA-mainly for spouses & children under the age of 21 who have suffered physical or mental abuse by a spouse or a parent whom is a Citizen or Permanent resident.

  9. CSS/Lulac-A potential applicant must have been in the country before 1982,good moral character & were denied by USCIS from applying for the 1986 IRCA general amnesty program.