In-state Tuition in the State of Illinois

Undocumented students residing in Illinois and meeting all of the following requirements are able to pay in-state tuition at public colleges and universities of Illinois set forth by House Bill 60 of the 93rd Illinois General Assembly.

Effective as of May 20, 2003.


  1. Student has resided in Illinois with his/her parent or guardian while attending public or private high school
  2. Student has graduated from an Illinois public or private high school or received a GED from IL
  3. Student has attended an Illinois high school for at least three (3) years
  4. Student has registered to enter the university no earlier than the Fall 2003 semester
  5. Student provides the university with an affidavit stating he/she will file an application to become a permanent resident of the U.S. once he/she becomes eligible to do so

More Information

Bill HB 60- High Ed In-State Tuition

Bill HB 60- TEXT