In-state Tuition in the State of Kansas

Undocumented students residing in Kansas and who meet the following requirements are eligible to pay in-state tuition at Kansas universities and colleges as set forth by HB 2145.

Effective as of May 24, 2004.


  • Attended a Kansas high school for three or more years and
  • Has graduated from a Kansas high school or received a GED and
  • At the time of enrollment, the student is not eligible for resident tuition at a postsecondary school in another state
  • The person needs to provide an affidavit stating he/she will apply for legal residency when he/she is eligible to do so

More information

We encourage you to read the exact text of the bill as it was enrolled by the Kansas State Legislature.
2003-2004 H.B. 2145 Enrolled

H.B. 2145 [K.S.A. 76-731a] - Kansas State Legislature.pdf43.31 KB