In-state Tuition in the State of Washington

Undocumented students residing in Washington are eligible to pay in-state tuition at Washington universities and colleges if they meet the requirements outlined below.

Effective as of July 1, 2003.


  • Resided in Washington for at least three years and have completed a full senior year of high school in Washington and have graduated from a Washington high school or
  • Received a GED in Washington and have lived in the state for three full years prior to receiving the GED and
  • Continuously lived in Washington immediately after receiving diploma or GED
  • Provide an affidavit stating the student will apply for legalization when he/she is eligible to do so

More information

Sample affidavit

HB 1079 Text